Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

jlsHouston

Um ... to be blunt: Hell, yeah.

I don't want to sound insulting, but I don't know how anyone could take him seriously. He recently made up all sorts of stories about going to Tokyo (naturally, he likes WDW much better) ... and managed to stay at Cabana Bay (amazing how much time off a street cop gets!) and he didn't like it etc. He also had a sock puppet account that he was using to create issues in multiple areas.

OMG I can't believe how stupid I can be at times when I am actually at least as smart as your average person.

WDW1974

Original Poster
CSF (Customer Service File) Whenever anything is given out or some sort of guest service recovery is/was administered it is recorded in an online database. A drivers license/passport is required in order for any "recovery" is given out.

NOW...this is what is supposed to happen but does not always work that way.

But Ricky says he got nothing from Disney. ... And, I have had small (very small) instances of Guest Recovery over the years and don't ever recall giving my driver's license (I think I gave it once where they overcharged my CC for an AP and they refunded me the difference in cash) for anything.

BTW, am I the only person who thinks a Disney balloon shouldn't cost more than $5? Just wondering as someone in my circle brought up the absurd prices Disney charges for those lovely balloons.

Funmeister

But Ricky says he got nothing from Disney. ... And, I have had small (very small) instances of Guest Recovery over the years and don't ever recall giving my driver's license (I think I gave it once where they overcharged my CC for an AP and they refunded me the difference in cash) for anything.

BTW, am I the only person who thinks a Disney balloon shouldn't cost more than $5? Just wondering as someone in my circle brought up the absurd prices Disney charges for those lovely balloons.

Hmmm...using a credit card to purchase something (tickets, etc.) or getting something (comp tickets, etc.) are the only reasons that are taught in training. I will admit if it had to do something with MM+ they may need it for verification to make changes to his or her account.

Guest Relations hosts are supposed to get some sort of identification whenever anything is given out or documentation is needed for any kind of recovery (anything special arrangements). For instance the unofficial official "shoppers pass" was always supposed to be entered into the database but with a line at the window no one would ever take the time to do it. Hit and miss. It has always been pretty unreliable and down quite a bit. Nothing special...just a generic database...basic text and data fields...nothing more....down. lol

WDW1974

Original Poster
OMG I can't believe how stupid I can be at times when I am actually at least as smart as your average person.

I wouldn't call yourself stupid. Characters like him exist to seem, at least on some level, legit. If not, then they'd last a week or two (see any typical trolls we've had over the years here) ... then, you get people who stand by him (some who absolutely get he's a troll, but they have agendas of their own) and they help legitimize the poser.

I sorta knew he was a fake kook years ago when he made up some absurd story about breaking someone's nose at EPCOT and how much fun it was.

jlsHouston

I wouldn't call yourself stupid. Characters like him exist to seem, at least on some level, legit. If not, then they'd last a week or two (see any typical trolls we've had over the years here) ... then, you get people who stand by him (some who absolutely get he's a troll, but they have agendas of their own) and they help legitimize the poser.

I sorta knew he was a fake kook years ago when he made up some absurd story about breaking someone's nose at EPCOT and how much fun it was.

Um...I think it was pretty dense of me to not figure out his posting was troll behavior...I have been in enough threads for the past few years that he was posting in and all I ever thought was he was kinda of like out there? Pretty dense on my part which is kinda stupid.

bhg469

Especially when there is Avery real helium shortage happening. Are balloons really more important than cancer research?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Um...I think it was pretty dense of me to not figure out his posting was troll behavior...I have been in enough threads for the past few years that he was posting in and all I ever thought was he was kinda of like out there? Pretty dense on my part which is kinda stupid.
You...are a premium member...and didn't know that Jimmy is the driving force of the forums?

jlsHouston

You...are a premium member...and didn't know that Jimmy is the driving force of the forums?

AHHHH I did, I always saw that on his signature!!! I would be in threads and people would say oh where is Jimmy?? I really didn't think he was for real, you know, but I mean he would show up with these WDW is perfect, does no wrong and is so far beyond and above UNI, then he would insert that little one liner.... Anyways lets just drop this how blonde of a moment one can last with me now....:facepalm:

flynnibus

Premium Member
WDW is becoming much more like work and more work than it is worth. MM+ doesn't simplify a damn thing, it makes things much more complex.

My parents just got back from a week and a half in the parks. They are 'regulars' as in they go every couple years at least.. they do their homework, but aren't immersed (my father still calls it the Haunted House instead of Haunted Mansion..) nor particularly care about Disney when not at Disney. I look to them as a pretty balanced litmus test of things in the sense of "repeat, but not obsessed customers". They were last there roughly a year ago.

Their feedback after I talked to them after their trip? They liked FP+ and MDE app. And they were staying at shades of green so they didn't get in on the 60 day window either. They acknowledge they would rather have more than 3, and park hopping, but that wasn't enough to push them into the 'hate' column. They even said they rode TSMM more than they ever have... They didn't have trouble shifting things around, and were happy to play with the app on an iPad at night, and use their phones during the day in the parks.

What stood out to me was they were confused by Disney's lack of clear info on FP for Parades/Fireworks (I believe that is resort guest only still). They also mentioned at the Safari on multiple occasions they saw them only scanning one person in a party for FP+ entrance, or not scanning at all.

They even paid for MagicBands in the park... even tho I told them it really doesn't add anything for them. Yet they still said they really liked them and look forward to the future when they will do more.

This is consistent with several other groups I have chatted with... the vitriol against the program does not seem to be out there in the general population.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You have a weird way of saying it (harping on a pick). My comment was about 'all take, and no give..' back to the projects -- not trust. But enough off-topic SSL stuff.
Honestly, why should one give? Why should I assume that it's all happy unicorn farts and rainbows in the community?

I love Open Source, I get it, I adore that it's free, but with that freedom comes real concerns.

It...is open source. In other words...use it at your own risk.

Why people who had genuine financial risks used it is beyond me, outside of some IT nerds feeling too darned full of themselves.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My parents just got back from a week and a half in the parks. They are 'regulars' as in they go every couple years at least.. they do their homework, but aren't immersed (my father still calls it the Haunted House instead of Haunted Mansion..) nor particularly care about Disney when not at Disney. I look to them as a pretty balanced litmus test of things in the sense of "repeat, but not obsessed customers". They were last there roughly a year ago.

Their feedback after I talked to them after their trip? They liked FP+ and MDE app. And they were staying at shades of green so they didn't get in on the 60 day window either. They acknowledge they would rather have more than 3, and park hopping, but that wasn't enough to push them into the 'hate' column. They even said they rode TSMM more than they ever have... They didn't have trouble shifting things around, and were happy to play with the app on an iPad at night, and use their phones during the day in the parks.

What stood out to me was they were confused by Disney's lack of clear info on FP for Parades/Fireworks (I believe that is resort guest only still). They also mentioned at the Safari on multiple occasions they saw them only scanning one person in a party for FP+ entrance, or not scanning at all.

They even paid for MagicBands in the park... even tho I told them it really doesn't add anything for them. Yet they still said they really liked them and look forward to the future when they will do more.

This is consistent with several other groups I have chatted with... the vitriol against the program does not seem to be out there in the general population.
I am not like your parents, and I enjoyed MDE and FP+ as well. I also liked my bands.

I had other issues with WDW on my trip, like the fact they couldn't keep dining areas clean. And, that makes me upset, because, as they focus on these "high tech" solutions for issues that didn't exist, they ignore basics.

Stevek

This is someone VERY into foamheads. Someone who has talked about taking trips to Anaheim just to see Roger Rabbit and Darkwing Duck (is that the right guy? quick someone who was a kid in the late 80s/early 90s ...) I am sure his visit fit multiple personal agendas.

Just looking at some comments on El Brigante's FB page and he's taking a bit of criticism as well as having his defenders. Here's one rebuttal he made to an fellow AP'er. The last line is what I find truly scary. I can only imagine how people would react if I, as a grown man, showed up to work tomorrow and told my co-workers that I waited in line to meet Anna and Elsa and "It was quite exciting!" Needless to say I think I'd have alot of lonely lunch breaks...

"You're assuming I was referring to today's FastPass+ situation. BUT this was the first time I had ever met Anna and Elsa in person. Before today, I'd only seen them in the parade. I never made it inside the Norway meet-and-greet. So I, in fact, have been waiting a very long time (as I said) for an opportunity to do so without a 3-4 hour queue. Since the movie came out, even. It was quite exciting!"

Last edited:

DisneyDad1977

I just want to thank the Lifestylers for giving me some Easter evening entertainment. Honestly, the Twitverse is just so damn amusing. Who knew that Tom Amity Corless didn't like Mrs. Ricky's hubby? Not moi.

And Jason Surrell, just going to sit back and act all new Daddy like and pretend that he didn't misbehave yet again in a way that should have him being called into HR.

I don't really know what I am going to do for fun when I start tuning this out and start a six-week Faux Top One Percent Spirited Spring Holiday. How could anything I have planned possibly be as fun as this?

Oh, and why exactly did Mrs. Ricky's mealticket have to give his driver's license to the folks at City Hall today? Anyone got an answer as to why Disney would need that type of extremely personal information because someone's FP+ for a meet-greet-and-grope was lost due to an IT failure?

#DisneyWhores
#TheyHateEachOther
#TheyAllThinkTheyAreMoreThanTheyAre
Six weeks of faux top one percent fun? Come on and join me! Excitement abounds!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom