Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

Tod&BigMamaOdie

Spirited Monday Musings:
Don't know why, but I think something newsy will come out this week ... will it be released by me? Not sure yet.

Just curious if there was anything newsy coming out from the week and if so, are you willing to share prior to your vacay? or did I miss it's release from another poster?

tissandtully

But Ricky says he got nothing from Disney. ... And, I have had small (very small) instances of Guest Recovery over the years and don't ever recall giving my driver's license (I think I gave it once where they overcharged my CC for an AP and they refunded me the difference in cash) for anything.

BTW, am I the only person who thinks a Disney balloon shouldn't cost more than $5? Just wondering as someone in my circle brought up the absurd prices Disney charges for those lovely balloons.

In fairness, they are pretty good balloons, I've never bought one but someone gave my son one while we were in the park cause they couldn't take it home, it stayed pretty well inflated for about 3 weeks!

Cesar R M

Are you suggesting that someone would intentionally delete his fast pass?
Specifically his fastpass? of course not.
But I mean something more severe, like stealing critical information or mess up important systems of their site.

Most hackers never do it for "the money".. but for the ego.

I find it interesting his Tweets demonstrate above-average grammar and punctuation. Not what I'd expect from someone who behaves like a delusional, hate-filled cretin.

I'm going to just tell myself he's a joke account. Better than the alternative.
To be honest, a lot of the most and biggest mass murderers were all above average intelligence. They were gifted manipulators with real mental problems.

An open source is all out on the table for all to examine.. this negates 'backdoors' and other hooks vendors can leave in without your knowledge. Mainstream projects also have far more peer reviewers than traditional development can afford to focus on single components.

There is nothing disturbing at all about trusting open source for sensitive components. What is disturbing is how much people take for granted core projects are while making billions while standing on their shoulders.

What's next... thinking it's disturbing to base on open standards vs whipping up your own?
No idea what his point was while taking jabs at OpenSSL.

Closed companies have been caught on having backdoors for years and they refused to do anything about it.
Apple is a fine example of "conceal, dont feel" and "if caught.. negate everything" approach when security problems or products defects are found in their proprietary things.

LithiumBill

Grown man. Been waiting a long time to meet two young ladies costumed as animated movie characters.
*shudder*
I just don't get it. It boggles the mind.

Personally, I sometimes want to just shake people. Scream at them, "You didn't meet Anna and Elsa! They don't exist in the real world! You didn't even meet an actress who played one of them! You met a bored, underpaid and quite likely somewhat creeped-out young lady in a costume!"

Sorry. It's late. I needed to rant...
If I had no kids, there is no way in hell I would meet any of these characters. Isn't that what it's for?

Cesar R M

Those two young women dressed up like the Frozen girls who had to interact on camera with the guy who went to great lengths to get into the princess M&G. (Did you follow that?)

They ought to be given a free week's vacation for having to put up with his weirdness.

The blonde's reaction throughout the conversation is something like a mixture of creeped-out and I-cant-believe-this-guy. Just what every young woman wants to hear from a grown man visiting a M&G by himself: "Shall we take a photo?"

I'd have paid a hundred dollars to hear either of the CMs answer, "Hell no."
Id love to see the link as well lol!

And should...I don't think Michael Jackson ever recovered from the allegations, then the court case, and then look what happened.

Polanski...didn't he flee the country or something?

And Woody Allen? Yah. Mia really had her head up her you know what.
Imho, Anyone who is pointed as sexual predator, will be stained forever.
As many people will still think they are predators.. regardless if they have been cleared or are innocent.

Heard some CM was saying summer opening not a spring opening...
Not a BUS driver I hope? ;)

SoupBone

G

Personally, I sometimes want to just shake people. Scream at them, "You didn't meet Anna and Elsa! They don't exist in the real world! You didn't even meet an actress who played one of them! You met a bored, underpaid and quite likely somewhat creeped-out young lady in a costume!"

Sorry. It's late. I needed to rant...

Just so I'm clear, you're talking about adults that get giddy with excitement over meeting a character created for young girls, right? While I have never waited in a meet and greet, nor do I plan to until I have children, I enjoy meeting with Mickey and the rest of the Disney characters if I see them in situations like dining, etc.

I'm obviously aware that they are people in costumes, but my wife and I interact with them as though it is Mickey. I don't say, hey guy in a suit, how's your day going? You make children happy, and I produce Entourage. Say Hi to your mother for me.

To quote Walt Disney "That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." I don't see a problem with letting your imagination kick in while you're visiting the parks, within reason.

To be clear, I think it can be silly IF you really believe that the character is that character, but you'd have to be on a whole new level of cuckoo to believe that. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I am so glad you posted this, Brian. I meant to link to the USA Today story last week. ... This is actually a very big deal, although I strongly suspect RCCL is getting something ($$$) in return.

It is interesting because it is a very large new ship in a market just starting to figure out cruising.

There has been plenty of DCL chatter about Asian cruises coming in the not too distant future. Of course, there has also been chatter about moving one of the new ships to Europe to help kick start a huge 25th anniversary for DLP in 2017 (I would bank on this, btw.) And, originally, Disney had thoughts of taking the Dream out west next year to coincide with DL's 60th, but with the Canal expansion falling behind that talk sorta petered out.
I'm Still surprised they havent linked all the Disney parks with airplanes with logos or DCL trips.
Can you imagine an "all disney package" where you can go to all the parks of the world for a big fee?
from Paris to WDW, to Cali then to Tokyo and then to South Korea.

Um ... to be blunt: Hell, yeah.

I don't want to sound insulting, but I don't know how anyone could take him seriously. He recently made up all sorts of stories about going to Tokyo (naturally, he likes WDW much better) ... and managed to stay at Cabana Bay (amazing how much time off a street cop gets!) and he didn't like it etc. He also had a sock puppet account that he was using to create issues in multiple areas.

I wouldn't call yourself stupid. Characters like him exist to seem, at least on some level, legit. If not, then they'd last a week or two (see any typical trolls we've had over the years here) ... then, you get people who stand by him (some who absolutely get he's a troll, but they have agendas of their own) and they help legitimize the poser.

I sorta knew he was a fake kook years ago when he made up some absurd story about breaking someone's nose at EPCOT and how much fun it was.
The more you talk about this guy, the more power delusional he seems to be.. maybe that is why he became a Cop?.

Sort of Reminds me a guy I know.
This Dude who really had power issues, vigilante.. and he always dressed in military/mercenary costume most of the time.. claimed to have training..etc.. tried to control lives of fellow members of the site.(like even calling their schools and family). And claiming he had power (like being a cop..). until got caught(Seems he was so unstable, they refused to let him in the Police academy )

Hmmm...using a credit card to purchase something (tickets, etc.) or getting something (comp tickets, etc.) are the only reasons that are taught in training. I will admit if it had to do something with MM+ they may need it for verification to make changes to his or her account.

Guest Relations hosts are supposed to get some sort of identification whenever anything is given out or documentation is needed for any kind of recovery (anything special arrangements). For instance the unofficial official "shoppers pass" was always supposed to be entered into the database but with a line at the window no one would ever take the time to do it. Hit and miss. It has always been pretty unreliable and down quite a bit. Nothing special...just a generic database...basic text and data fields...nothing more....down. lol
generic text database as in an excel type sheet? or an automated database which can be searched and arranged?
I can imagine a total nightmare trying to manage these old text based databases ..

flynnibus

Premium Member
There is nothing wrong with meeting characters as adults...

Now obsessing over said characters ... that's a different story entirely and not even in the same bucket. It can be said a mature adult should 'know better' - People can have hobbies and interests... but there are reasonable boundaries.

Cesar R M

Jiminy Thicke has always been a guy who essentially plays for the responses. Usually funny as hell... or was several years back. Definetly an over the top parody account.
That is the usual definition of a troll.. one who "plays" for responses..
sort of manipulating to see the reactions.
Seems his latest posts were so blatant.. he just missed posting the famous "troll face" with a big "U MAD BRO?"

They do know it's not actually the characters. It's just part of the Disneyland culture. It can be annoying, sometimes, but the actors and actresses go along with it.
Well, they have dont they? or people would get ed and the actors would look unfriendly to general populaze.

71jason

Internet's just got this weird fixation on Face Characters. Remember how a Peter Pan at Disneyland got fired because he had a bunch of Tumblr fangirls stalking him and ruining Character Integrity?

One of the odd life lessons I've learned living in Orlando ... every theme park performer has stalkers.

Citizens of Hollywood. World Showcase Players. Princesses. Beetlejuice's Graveyard Review cast (one stalker took a picture of my friend in the audience because the stalker heard she was dating the actor who played BJ). Jungle Cruise skippers (no, really, a Skipper friend still gets taken out to dinner by a mother/daughter once a year when they're in town). Even the freakin' whales at Sea World (when one orca quietly passed away, fans hounded the Educators at underwater viewing for weeks asking where he was).

As is so often the case with Disney mental illness, the worst example of this was my beloved Adventurers Club. Most of the female, and some of the male, actors went out of their way to keep their real names private. Probably because you had fans openly brag about how they were going to break up an actor's marriage. An elaborate, fan-created, system of "code names" sprung up online to identify specific actors without using their real names.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
One of the odd life lessons I've learned living in Orlando ... every theme park performer has stalkers.

Citizens of Hollywood. World Showcase Players. Princesses. Beetlejuice's Graveyard Review cast (one stalker took a picture of my friend in the audience because the stalker heard she was dating the actor who played BJ). Jungle Cruise skippers (no, really, a Skipper friend still gets taken out to dinner by a mother/daughter once a year when they're in town). Even the freakin' whales at Sea World (when one orca quietly passed away, fans hounded the Educators at underwater viewing for weeks asking where he was).

As is so often the case with Disney mental illness, the worst example of this was my beloved Adventurers Club. Most of the female, and some of the male, actors went out of their way to keep their real names private. Probably because you had fans openly brag about how they were going to break up an actor's marriage. An elaborate, fan-created, system of "code names" sprung up online to identify specific actors without using their real names.

I was just reading about "Acorn" and "Huggy" Pan. WOW, some people have taken it to the EXTREME. One girl was writing about a dream she had with 'Acorn' Pan and they had ice cream and she cried. (huh?) Another girl is now "lost" and depressed because she hasnt seen her Huggy Pan in awhile. Others talk about extremely graphic sexual acts they would like to perform with them. Man, I thought (not so) pretty Ricky B was creepy, he should be the opening act for these desperate people

gmajew

Premium Member
Easter week this year vs last year are not comparable. Easter was early last year int he height of Spring Break season and the park was packed miserable feelings as I was in it and hated my life because of it. This year Easter is in the end of April and spring breaks are long over for the majority of the country so it is not an apples to apples comparison.

I tell my managers that you can not look week to week when holidays are involved or weather like this year in CHicago... You have to look at quarter to quarter to get a true picture of what is going on.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm so glad you finished that sentence :)

I will say I think he did good on the Disney Park's Christmas Day Parade this past year. The opening number was good and his funny moments with Darth were hilarious

Cinderella, check,.. Belle, check,... Snow White, check... Seven Dwarves, ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check"! I remember that day, didnt you get pretty busy booking trips for people (for free) after they saw Magic Bands during the parade? LOL. Dont hate me, I had to mention it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom