Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

Lee

Adventurer
Sorry for being late to the game, but... isn't this the d-bag LP poster from years ago named Dis-Philip? Total apologist hate-spewing troll:

"That's why overly-negative nihilists like Al Lutz and Kevin Yee get disrespected--they're almost never happy and are not legit at all, despite what certain members think!

And that's why positive-types like Lou Mongello deserve to be treated with respect."
-- Dis-Philip, 06/08/2011

:eek:
Yep. That's him.
He's been here under at least two names.

To be fair, his issues are....clinical. I think the term these days is "on the spectrum."
Doesn't really excuse anything, though.
@kippelphilip223: WDWMagic members don't deserve ANYTHING! Most of them are @$$-holes, after all.
@kippelphilip223: Anyone who's a friend of WDW1974 is an enemy of mine! That guy is a menace to society! :mad:

PhotoDave219

Oh wow.. talk about manchildren acting "badass" online.

And considering the Hearbleed bug of a few ago.. I wonder if hackers or exploiters already used it on major sites before they were able to roll the patches.

Are you suggesting that someone would intentionally delete his fast pass?

TalkingHead

To be fair, his issues are....clinical. I think the term these days is "on the spectrum."
Doesn't really excuse anything, though.

I find it interesting his Tweets demonstrate above-average grammar and punctuation. Not what I'd expect from someone who behaves like a delusional, hate-filled cretin.

I'm going to just tell myself he's a joke account. Better than the alternative.

TalkingHead

Those two young women dressed up like the Frozen girls who had to interact on camera with the guy who went to great lengths to get into the princess M&G. (Did you follow that?)

They ought to be given a free week's vacation for having to put up with his weirdness.

The blonde's reaction throughout the conversation is something like a mixture of creeped-out and I-cant-believe-this-guy. Just what every young woman wants to hear from a grown man visiting a M&G by himself: "Shall we take a photo?"

I'd have paid a hundred dollars to hear either of the CMs answer, "Hell no."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Exactly. I don't know why people assume that folks like this are harmless. I just don't think that is how to view the situation in light of how much violence we have in our society and how every crazy has at least 43 guns.
I'm with you there. Always better to be cautious. If this was the 1950s I would probably say you have nothing to worry about. If the guy confronted you on the street you would just beat his a$$ and move on with your life, but in this day and age it's the socially awkward, loner types that inflict the most damage.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The fallacy was trusting a third party for your own SSL.

The fact that so many trusted an open source for their SSL is disturbing.

But, what do I know. I'm just stupid (as I was called when I didn't trust OpenSSL). I mean, facebook and google and governments do it! They are smurt, right?

An open source is all out on the table for all to examine.. this negates 'backdoors' and other hooks vendors can leave in without your knowledge. Mainstream projects also have far more peer reviewers than traditional development can afford to focus on single components.

There is nothing disturbing at all about trusting open source for sensitive components. What is disturbing is how much people take for granted core projects are while making billions while standing on their shoulders.

What's next... thinking it's disturbing to base on open standards vs whipping up your own?

Captain Neo

Neo, can you let it drop.

The reason I brought the subject up had little to do with Disney and more a 'What if?' scenario that is a whole lot more real than most people could ever think.

I know why you brought it up and it's no secret what is going on at Disney Pictures, Imagineering, and various other divisions of the company. I was simply arguing with that gentlemen that was saying this incident with Singer was Disney's problem.

danv3

Only in America do you have a vacation destination where you want have To work and plan In an attempt to enjoy yourself…

The entertainment company with their vacation destination has put the onus on the guest and no longer is providing a place for families to relax and be entertained.

Instead you do all the work yourself.

Not exactly what I would describe as a "vacation"

Yeah, but what other theme park allows you to "lock it in"?!?!? It's the Disney difference baby!!!!! :hungover:

Fe Maiden

Those two young women dressed up like the Frozen girls who had to interact on camera with the guy who went to great lengths to get into the princess M&G. (Did you follow that?)

They ought to be given a free week's vacation for having to put up with his weirdness.

The blonde's reaction throughout the conversation is something like a mixture of creeped-out and I-cant-believe-this-guy. Just what every young woman wants to hear from a grown man visiting a M&G by himself: "Shall we take a photo?"

That whole thing gave me chills, and not in a good way. Love the group photo at the end.

jlsHouston

Wow... I was slammed all day Good Friday because of course I had someplace to go for the weekend and the last time I looked this was at 90000 views and I was on page 56...I got some catching up to I can see..Hoppy Easter.

PhotoDave219

I'm with you there. Always better to be cautious. If this was the 1950s I would probably say you have nothing to worry about. If the guy confronted you on the street you would just beat his a$$ and move on with your life, but in this day and age it's the socially awkward, loner types that inflict the most damage.

The Charles Whitman type, yes

yeti

That sounds horrible. Link please.

jlsHouston

This is not just about Marvel. This is a scandal that offers the folks at TWDC an opportunity to study how to address allegations of sexual assault on the worldwide stage. Spirit told you that next to a terrorist attack at the parks, a sex abuse scandal is their biggest fear. WDI in particular has an ah um... reputation...
for things that would be considered illegal. A sex scandal is a big deal. It's pretty much the only thing that can take Iger, Rasulo, Staggs, and company down because they won't just have us Disney fans to contend with, but millions of very, very angry parents, upset and confused children and a severely tarnished brand in addition to lots scrutiny from law enforcement and the federal government.

I would bet there is a team in Burbank watching this scandal very closely, especially 20th Century Fox's response, because they know this could easily happen at Disney.

Not too mention now WDW has tracking devices on all these young children.....

jlsHouston

Yes. That is exactly the point.

Disney is unlikely to be caught up in this case, but I guarantee they and every other studio are watching this closely. Especially if more suits emerge as a result if these "parties" that are coming to light.
Disney is not immune from this sort of thing. They have their own issues in-house they need to deal with.

And should...I don't think Michael Jackson ever recovered from the allegations, then the court case, and then look what happened.

Polanski...didn't he flee the country or something?

And Woody Allen? Yah. Mia really had her head up her you know what.

jlsHouston

Some tweets concerning SDMT possibly (for now at least):
<<I'm hearing a lot of stress from WDW CMs about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. WDW management doesn't seem to have been able to instill widespread confidence and enthusiasm on SDMT yet. Rumors that it's not working right. "Yeti all over again" someone said. MK CMs are freaking out like SWO employees did before Antarctica.>>

All tweets were from @ ThemePark

Hmmm, I picked up something like that on a FB thread this weekend....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom