Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

TalkingHead

Just looking at some comments on El Brigante's FB page and he's taking a bit of criticism as well as having his defender. Here's one rebuttal he made to an fellow AP'er. The last line is what I find truly scary. I can only imagine how people would react if I, as a grown man, showed up to work tomorrow and told my co-workers that I waited in line to meet Anna and Elsa and "It was quite exciting!" Needless to say I think I'd have alot of lonely lunch breaks...

"You're assuming I was referring to today's FastPass+ situation. BUT this was the first time I had ever met Anna and Elsa in person. Before today, I'd only seen them in the parade. I never made it inside the Norway meet-and-greet. So I, in fact, have been waiting a very long time (as I said) for an opportunity to do so without a 3-4 hour queue. Since the movie came out, even. It was quite exciting!"

I actually thought this sentence was just as bad. Sounds like this will be a day he never forgets: the day he met a couple of lowly-paid CMs wearing Halloween costumes and wigs.

Sad, pitiful, disturbing. All those things.

Stevek

I actually thought this sentence was just as bad. Sounds like this will be a day he never forgets: the day he met a couple of lowly-paid CMs wearing Halloween costumes and wigs.

Sad, pitiful, disturbing. All those things.

It's all embarrassingly bad. The sad part is that there are quite a few high profile bloggers/podcasters that are just as bad as him, some maybe worse. The Disney parks are my diversion and a small part of my life but there are so many of these folks that eat, sleep, breathe and live for nothing but the parks. Every day, in the parks. Every tweet, FB post, Instagram Post, about the parks. I wonder how these peeps will survive when "real life" smacks them in the face in 5, 10, 20 years? What do you fall back on when all you've done for the past 2 decades is spend all your days talking about or hanging out in theme parks? That's right, you go into an institution or live on welfare.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
First, saw the kiddie coaster running in tests. Walked around it. Did you know it's the only Disney attraction that you can completely walk around? (It has to be true if corporate says so, right?)

I believe I can walk around the carousel and the carpet ride

PhotoDave219

Um ... to be blunt: Hell, yeah.

I don't want to sound insulting, but I don't know how anyone could take him seriously. He recently made up all sorts of stories about going to Tokyo (naturally, he likes WDW much better) ... and managed to stay at Cabana Bay (amazing how much time off a street cop gets!) and he didn't like it etc. He also had a sock puppet account that he was using to create issues in multiple areas.

Jiminy Thicke has always been a guy who essentially plays for the responses. Usually funny as hell... or was several years back. Definetly an over the top parody account.

Lee

Adventurer
Just looking at some comments on El Brigante's FB page and he's taking a bit of criticism as well as having his defenders. Here's one rebuttal he made to an fellow AP'er. The last line is what I find truly scary. I can only imagine how people would react if I, as a grown man, showed up to work tomorrow and told my co-workers that I waited in line to meet Anna and Elsa and "It was quite exciting!" Needless to say I think I'd have alot of lonely lunch breaks...

"You're assuming I was referring to today's FastPass+ situation. BUT this was the first time I had ever met Anna and Elsa in person. Before today, I'd only seen them in the parade. I never made it inside the Norway meet-and-greet. So I, in fact, have been waiting a very long time (as I said) for an opportunity to do so without a 3-4 hour queue. Since the movie came out, even. It was quite exciting!"
Grown man. Been waiting a long time to meet two young ladies costumed as animated movie characters.
*shudder*
I just don't get it. It boggles the mind.

Personally, I sometimes want to just shake people. Scream at them, "You didn't meet Anna and Elsa! They don't exist in the real world! You didn't even meet an actress who played one of them! You met a bored, underpaid and quite likely somewhat creeped-out young lady in a costume!"

Sorry. It's late. I needed to rant...

FigmentJedi

Grown man. Been waiting a long time to meet two young ladies costumed as animated movie characters.
*shudder*
I just don't get it. It boggles the mind.

Personally, I sometimes want to just shake people. Scream at them, "You didn't meet Anna and Elsa! They don't exist in the real world! You didn't even meet an actress who played one of them! You met a bored, underpaid and quite likely somewhat creeped-out young lady in a costume!"

Sorry. It's late. I needed to rant...
Internet's just got this weird fixation on Face Characters. Remember how a Peter Pan at Disneyland got fired because he had a bunch of Tumblr fangirls stalking him and ruining Character Integrity?

Californian Elitist

Internet's just got this weird fixation on Face Characters. Remember how a Peter Pan at Disneyland got fired because he had a bunch of Tumblr fangirls stalking him and ruining Character Integrity?

Which Peter are you referring to? Not Spieling Peter, right?

image.jpg

Just in case you are referring to him, he wasn't fired.

Sped2424

But Ricky says he got nothing from Disney. ... And, I have had small (very small) instances of Guest Recovery over the years and don't ever recall giving my driver's license (I think I gave it once where they overcharged my CC for an AP and they refunded me the difference in cash) for anything.

BTW, am I the only person who thinks a Disney balloon shouldn't cost more than $5? Just wondering as someone in my circle brought up the absurd prices Disney charges for those lovely balloons.
I remember walking past that with my friend and saying hey if it's around 3 dollars well get one. But 10 to 20 dollars for a plastic bag full of helium. A PLASTIC BAG FILLED WITH HELIUM. And yet people buy them.

Sped2424

Which Peter are you referring to? Not Spieling Peter, right?

View attachment 51727

Just in case you are referring to him, he wasn't fired.
He wasn't but that is the rumor that everyone is spreading everywhere. Everytime I hear someone online bring up the whole DON'T GIVE NICKNAMES TO THE FACE CHARACTERS debate the first place they go to is that peter pan got fired and that it ruins character integrity.

Californian Elitist

He wasn't but that is the rumor that everyone is spreading everywhere. Everytime I hear someone online bring up the whole DON'T GIVE NICKNAMES TO THE FACE CHARACTERS debate the first place they go to is that peter pan got fired and that it ruins character integrity.

Yeah, I was still working at Disneyland when he left. He married Carebear Wendy, but before they got hitched, they both quit because they wanted to pursue other things.

tumblr_met2qhB1Qg1qf2258o1_500.jpg

If Disney really fired because of character integrity, all of the Mad Hatters, as well as "Prince Bert" and the Alices, including Gingersnap, would all be gone. They all have nicknames and big fan followings both online and in the parks.

Sped2424

Yeah, I was still working at Disneyland when he left. He married Carebear Wendy, but before they got hitched, they both quit because they wanted to pursue other things.

tumblr_met2qhB1Qg1qf2258o1_500.jpg

If Disney really fired because of character integrity, all of the Mad Hatters, as well as "Prince Bert" and the Alices, including Gingersnap, would all be gone. They all have nicknames and big fan followings both online and in the parks.
That's what I was saying but there is this really weird trend of people making up different character scenarios because some folks are peeved when others try and give that cm that goes the extra mile for their character a little appreciation. I mean giving a nickname is fine, I don't condone the crazies who actually stalk these folks but I don't see any harm with a nickname. The whole character integrity argument always makes me a little peeved, other than children who won't even get the nicknaming thing Adults should be able to know that isn't peter pan lol

Californian Elitist

That's what I was saying but there is this really weird trend of people making up different character scenarios because some folks are peeved when others try and give that cm that goes the extra mile for their character a little appreciation. I mean giving a nickname is fine, I don't condone the crazies who actually stalk these folks but I don't see any harm with a nickname. The whole character integrity argument always makes me a little peeved, other than children who won't even get the nicknaming thing Adults should be able to know that isn't peter pan lol

They do know it's not actually the characters. It's just part of the Disneyland culture. It can be annoying, sometimes, but the actors and actresses go along with it.

asianway

Just looking at some comments on El Brigante's FB page and he's taking a bit of criticism as well as having his defenders. Here's one rebuttal he made to an fellow AP'er. The last line is what I find truly scary. I can only imagine how people would react if I, as a grown man, showed up to work tomorrow and told my co-workers that I waited in line to meet Anna and Elsa and "It was quite exciting!" Needless to say I think I'd have alot of lonely lunch breaks...

All I'll say is if this was so important to him to result in a twitter meltdown(while the rest of WDW is a smoking ruin) he would have been there 4 months ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom