Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

Cesar R M

I absolutely agree that Eisner was better for the parks; there's really no comparison. And this is WDWMagic, so it stands to reason that the parks are our primary focus.
But by the end of his tenure, Eisner's ego and megalomania were out of control, and poisoning relationships. And let's not forget that Iger was his hand-picked successor.
More reason of why Disney needs to have some sort of real overlord of each division, each doing what they do best.
Iger would fit perfectly on the Media side, leave someone who knows parks in the park jobs. Not a yes-men who only tries to shove any ip because of his marketing education and position.

Cesar R M

You think he died because he was a Christian Scientist?

This "Panther hates the Muppets, the infidel!" nonsense started because I DARED to say that Disney shouldn't be buying non-studio-generated/adapted IPs and putting them in the parks, and that I thought the Muppets was an especially bad, ill-fitting purchase, and the Muppet faithful here attacked me and of course got it back in spades. And I was right - look what we're getting because of the mess Eisner started - Muppets in Liberty Square, Guardians in the Galaxy in Epcot, and god knows what in The Great Movie Ride. And we're all still on edge wondering what the mysterious new IP is going into DHS. That's what's really bugging me. I don't hate the Muppets, I just don't want them in the parks. Or Star Wars or Marvel either. And that's that.
The issue is not if these ips go inside the parks or not. Its how you make them. IF you go full frozen on every single "important" franchise.. you're no longer running a "theme" park. but a "whats popular today in IP park".

Marvel deserves its own land, Starwars too, Muppets too. But they are shoving IPs everywhere as bandaids instead of fixing what needs to be fixed..destroying the theme park order/section/land or supposed function of each part.
And technically, this isnt about if these ips are hot or not. They are just doing the CHEAPEST thing to boost things without really fixing stuff (even if in the long run it ends costing more). Dont dare to tell me that Frozen on Norway wasn't the cheapest thing they could find to shove Frozen to.
GOTG on Energy would be absolutely the same. Destroying something that used to work but is falling apart and is outdated(too greedy to fix ) and overlay it with a random popular IP of the moment instead of thinking something new and original to put.

Figments Friend

Not mine. Tony would be rehired and you'd study under him eventually setting you up to head WDI :).

Well shucks, I'd be up for that!
:D

In all honesty though, I would rather give Tony the position.
He can have me lead one of his teams on a project, but he should really be the guy running the creative direction of this company.

He came so very close.....but the rug was pulled from beneath his feet.

-

2351metalcloud

How would you guys feel about WDW's OR DL's tower getting themed either permanently or temporarily to be about Zootopia's formerly abandoned hospital called Cliffside Asylum?

http://zootopia.wikia.com/wiki/Cliffside_Asylum

They made it so it already looks sort of like the Tower of Terror.

From the movie:

Cliffside.png

Concept art:

CliffsideAsylum1.jpg

CliffsideAsylum2.jpg

lazyboy97o

How would you guys feel about WDW's OR DL's tower getting themed either permanently or temporarily to be about Zootopia's formerly abandoned hospital called Cliffside Asylum?

http://zootopia.wikia.com/wiki/Cliffside_Asylum

They made it so it already looks sort of like the Tower of Terror.

From the movie:

Cliffside.png

Concept art:

CliffsideAsylum1.jpg

CliffsideAsylum2.jpg
It's a tower, that doesn't make it relevant or a better idea. There is no coordination of future attractions built into films.

RSoxNo1

Can you imagine a real "COSMOS" type dark ride.. where DeGrasse did the serious parts and the guardians did the fun parts?
He debunked space myths and other space stuff.. and ends with "We have to take care of our world, its the only one we know yet.."
then cuts to Rocket and his "why you want to save it so darn much?" and he answers "Because you, like me.. are one of the idiots that live in it!"
So what, would Star Lord off-handedly mention vaguely remembering the Carl Sagan version?
I'm 100% on board with this ride idea. Sounds irreverent and educational at the same time.

BrianLo

You mean the resort where they've added to DisneySea with loosely connected IPs?

And the resort with the most mediocre expansion this decade goes to...

I love 'em dearly, but too much grass is greener sometimes. They started the decade far higher and they've kept it far higher, but they are treading water like the best of them.

Next decade on the other hand......

articos

Wait.... so are they actually considering adding the overlay to ToT East AND adding the new attraction to Epcot? How could that possibly be justified as a reasonable use of resources? Even if the ridiculous FPPWMotG (Factory Power Plant Warehouse Museum of the Galaxy) ended up being a success at DCA, I don't understand why they would bother spending money screwing with Sunset Blvd. after shelling out millions adding a duplicate IP at Epcot.
They're not. The IP would go to one or the other...or the other.

brb1006

I completely agree on the Pixar part - his ego was absolutely toxic to that relationship (not that Steve Jobs was a sweet and easy guy to deal with).
But sweetie, your never-ending vitriol for the Muppets is nothing short of baffling. I mean, I'm a bitter atheist that absolutely blames Jim Henson's idiotic religion for his death, but even I still love that crazy hippy and his wacky creations!

You think he died because he was a Christian Scientist?

This "Panther hates the Muppets, the infidel!" nonsense started because I DARED to say that Disney shouldn't be buying non-studio-generated/adapted IPs and putting them in the parks, and that I thought the Muppets was an especially bad, ill-fitting purchase, and the Muppet faithful here attacked me and of course got it back in spades. And I was right - look what we're getting because of the mess Eisner started - Muppets in Liberty Square, Guardians in the Galaxy in Epcot, and god knows what in The Great Movie Ride. And we're all still on edge wondering what the mysterious new IP is going into DHS. That's what's really bugging me. I don't hate the Muppets, I just don't want them in the parks. Or Star Wars or Marvel either. And that's that.
Let's not start a religious argument shall we?

brb1006

I am in the blue sky stage of putting together an Asian trip stopping in Tokyo, Shanghai, and Beijing for a few years down the road. I just need to talk my wife into it.
I would recommend showing some footage of Tokyo Disney Resort and Sea to give he a bigger impression for the resort. Especially the attractions and shows.

oceanbreeze77

So I know disney is going to get droves of people when SW land opens and I know the execs are counting on it, but my god I PRAY this comes back to bite them in the booty and no one shows up, and sales plummet, and disney dies.

*I am obsessed with disney and have loved it for years but they need to learn a lesson.*

PiratesoftheHM

They're not. The IP would go to one or the other...or the other.

unsure if the third other is GMR or Rock'n Roller.. hoping the latter. But judging by Disney's asinine desire to put GOTG in anywhere other than where it belongs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Chinese Theater.

RoysCabin

unsure if the third other is GMR or Rock'n Roller.. hoping the latter. But judging by Disney's asinine desire to put GOTG in anywhere other than where it belongs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Chinese Theater.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely now that GMR has a sponsor in Turner Classic Movies, complete with the recent update to the narration and the final film and all that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom