Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

Kamikaze

Not saying Iger is a great CEO. Just saying we forget how crappy Eisner was towards he end of his term. And that there is more to Disney than just parks.

No, he actually wasn't. He was pushed to a place where he couldn't do anything.
Yes, there is more to Disney. Its not worth pinning on Iger.

ESPN - no Iger influence.
If you go through the rest of Media Networks, they are down, but thats not really his fault. TV/Networks are down everywhere.
Animation - mixed bag. Most of the top stuff goes through Pixar.
Walt Disney Studios - decent.
Interactive Media - not good.

So as I said, he's a net negative. At the very most, a non-factor.

Also, for the '1000 divisions' there are basically P&R, Walt Disney Studios, Media, and Interactive Media. Thats it. All the others are under those divisions.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No, he actually wasn't. He was pushed to a place where he couldn't do anything.
Yes, there is more to Disney. Its not worth pinning on Iger.

ESPN - no Iger influence.
If you go through the rest of Media Networks, they are down, but thats not really his fault. TV/Networks are down everywhere.
Animation - mixed bag. Most of the top stuff goes through Pixar.
Walt Disney Studios - decent.
Interactive Media - not good.

So as I said, he's a net negative. At the very most, a non-factor.

Lol. Ok.

Kamikaze

Thank you for your well-thought out response. Clearly you have put a lot of thought into the matter, and have swayed my opinion to your side.

Good thing you took the time to respond to my post, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Which, pray-tell, of those 5 things I pointed out are inaccurate? The only possible argument you can make is Animation. But don't forget - you're not including Pixar since Disney didn't own them under Eisner.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Thank you for your well-thought out response. Clearly you have put a lot of thought into the matter, and have swayed my opinion to your side.

Good thing you took the time to respond to my post, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Which, pray-tell, of those 5 things I pointed out are inaccurate? The only possible argument you can make is Animation. But don't forget - you're not including Pixar since Disney didn't own them under Eisner.

You're remembering history the way you want to remember it. I get it. That's what you're about.

I evidently haven't posted a lot, let alone for a long time either. But this stuff is just disturbing on so many levels. I hope things get delayed indefinitely as far as GotG stuff, or any of their IP forced crap, at least until 2018. Because, that would be right around the time Iger's contract is done. But I wish it were sooner. Either that, or that there were a planned large scale community criticizing of the GotG idea. Kind of a "Save Disney" type movement, but for theme park quality instead of animation. Only problem would be getting enough people to do it. And it would obviously have to be done somewhere and somehow other then the Parks Blog. Plus, I am not sure how effective it would actually be.

TeriofTerror

Eisner at his worst was better than Iger.
I absolutely agree that Eisner was better for the parks; there's really no comparison. And this is WDWMagic, so it stands to reason that the parks are our primary focus.
But by the end of his tenure, Eisner's ego and megalomania were out of control, and poisoning relationships. And let's not forget that Iger was his hand-picked successor.

Magenta Panther

I absolutely agree that Eisner was better for the parks; there's really no comparison. And this is WDWMagic, so it stands to reason that the parks are our primary focus.
But by the end of his tenure, Eisner's ego and megalomania were out of control, and poisoning relationships. And let's not forget that Iger was his hand-picked successor.

Plus he did some dumb things like buy the Muppets and nearly lose Pixar. What a sad end to his career at Disney...

TeriofTerror

Plus he did some dumb things like buy the Muppets and nearly lose Pixar. What a sad end to his career at Disney...
I completely agree on the Pixar part - his ego was absolutely toxic to that relationship (not that Steve Jobs was a sweet and easy guy to deal with).
But sweetie, your never-ending vitriol for the Muppets is nothing short of baffling. I mean, I'm a bitter atheist that absolutely blames Jim Henson's idiotic religion for his death, but even I still love that crazy hippy and his wacky creations!

Nubs70

oOXDJDU.jpg
A corporate themed dumpster fire , none the less.

Magenta Panther

I completely agree on the Pixar part - his ego was absolutely toxic to that relationship (not that Steve Jobs was a sweet and easy guy to deal with).
But sweetie, your never-ending vitriol for the Muppets is nothing short of baffling. I mean, I'm a bitter atheist that absolutely blames Jim Henson's idiotic religion for his death, but even I still love that crazy hippy and his wacky creations!

You think he died because he was a Christian Scientist?

This "Panther hates the Muppets, the infidel!" nonsense started because I DARED to say that Disney shouldn't be buying non-studio-generated/adapted IPs and putting them in the parks, and that I thought the Muppets was an especially bad, ill-fitting purchase, and the Muppet faithful here attacked me and of course got it back in spades. And I was right - look what we're getting because of the mess Eisner started - Muppets in Liberty Square, Guardians in the Galaxy in Epcot, and god knows what in The Great Movie Ride. And we're all still on edge wondering what the mysterious new IP is going into DHS. That's what's really bugging me. I don't hate the Muppets, I just don't want them in the parks. Or Star Wars or Marvel either. And that's that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
People like you and I are the real danger to Disney, In that even if we can go for 'FREE' we'll take a pass because the value in visiting is no longer there, What happens to companies whose most dedicated fans become disillusioned, Hint it's not good.

Only if you're joined by another 10 million or so like minded individuals....

TeriofTerror

You think he died because he was a Christian Scientist?

This "Panther hates the Muppets, the infidel!" nonsense started because I DARED to say that Disney shouldn't be buying non-studio-generated/adapted IPs and putting them in the parks, and that I thought the Muppets was an especially bad, ill-fitting purchase, and the Muppet faithful here attacked me and of course got it back in spades. And I was right - look what we're getting because of the mess Eisner started - Muppets in Liberty Square, Guardians in the Galaxy in Epcot, and god knows what in The Great Movie Ride. And we're all still on edge wondering what the mysterious new IP is going into DHS. That's what's really bugging me. I don't hate the Muppets, I just don't want them in the parks. Or Star Wars or Marvel either. And that's that.
Where the heck were you when they had Barbie in Epcot?!

Cesar R M

Sorry about that, You are talking about if Bill Nye is still known from his show from 93-98. 18 years ago?
I have know idea if kids still know who he is. My kids are 4 and wouldn't have a clue.

I was just saying the ride needs to be updated or changed. I never liked the Ellen addition back in the 90s. I like Ellen, just not the update.

So, my apologies, I was talking about something else completely different.
Billnye is pretty popular in social networks. Unsure about popular is he on the "heehay" and common people not tied to social network

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom