Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Saturday musings: I'll gladly take 110 and sunny in Vegas over 90 and rainy and humid and icky here in paradise. ... So, Disney has decided this will be their last D23 Expo. ... To all who are panicking and hiding in their closets with their Figment plush and vinyls (no, not @EPCOT Explorer he took his with him) because they think nothing is coming to WDW: stop shaking, give your mommies a hug, change those soiled undies and wake up and realize that, if anything, more is likely on the way than less and that D23 and Jeffrey Epstein do not direct P&R expansions and funding, OK? Good. ... Now that we solved that, remember when I told you that HUGE developments were coming (all over the UNIverse) to that second-rate resort up the street that will never have Disney MAGIC and PixieDust (but will have all those Disney/Marvel characters as long as they want them)? The big monkey news? That wasn't what I was talking about. UNI has only begun to fire its weaponry toward the stale and conservative as Rick Perry Mouse's product. UNI's far-flung (you should take that in a global sense) theme park empire will be growing in ways you really can't imagine. And while Disney takes its time (a kiddie coaster should take 4-5 years to design and built, right?) with projects here and in Anaheim, please understand that UNI will be going at warp speed. So, stop crying, butch up and deal. ... So, AAA is offering me a waaaay special rate of $114 to stay at Pop Century this summer. Think I should do that or get some electro shock therapy (seemz to do wonders for Carrie Fisher) instead? ... Anyone want to tell me how they just got back from WDW and it has never been busier? ... How's that Disney Springs project coming along? ...How come no one ever tweets a pic of themselves and Georgie K in a park or at a resort? ... Why do I feel like my Spirited musings could become the MAGICal equivalent of Larry King's old USA Today column? ... I used to see Larry all the time when I was bi-coastal and he was walking to Nate and Al's for his deli fix. ... See, deli, there's another cuisine that WDW can't offer (they could in the 80s in Disney Village, though). ... Speaking of which, I'm waiting for one of the Disney Lifestyle bloggers who focuses on history to write a column on the pet shop and hair salon that existed in the Village way back when. ... Hey, you did hear about the awesome new night parade coming to a MK near you, right? Provided the near you MK is in anaheim or on Lantau. ... Oh c'mon, cheer up. Soon you're going to get your wish and see Marvel characters in a castle park. My beloved HKDL. ... Why do I have a hankering to head to Vegas this week? ... Only theme park with much advertising in SoFla this summer is BGT. ... I had Starbucks this afternoon, but I wasn't wishing I was on MSUSA, although I did slap a worker and say 'that was for messing with my beloved buns!'' ...

Yensid1974

Oh Spirit, I wasn't questioning the if they have anything to announce, just more of an idea of when. If they want to kill the Expo that is up to them. So if they won't use that what is a more likely scenario? Comic-Con? Celebration Europe for the Star Wars stuff? Or just a random media event?

Goofyernmost

Wellll....."hologram" is giving it a little too much credit. It's just a projection onto a film surface.
It is a great effect, though.
If it isn't a hologram, it is even more impressive. It sure looked 3 dimensional to me. Anyway...it was really well done and very, very believable. Wasn't there a time when Disney used to make my jaw drop with their magic? Has it all moved up I-4?

Goofyernmost

Kong was were mummy is. I still remember going to the HHN when they let you walk along the street of Kong.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about that location. Just my old memory playing tricks on me again. I really didn't believe that it wasn't were it always was (Earthquake/Disaster) but it did manage to mess with an already disorganized mind. I guess I just wasn't going to Uni enough. I don't plan on making that mistake again.

WDW1974

Original Poster
More Spirited Saturday musings: I talked to a 10-year-old girl today who knew what a rotary phone was and thought that iPhones and video games were making her generation into future ECV driving MK guests (OK, she just called them ginormous fatties), so I still have a tiny bit of hope for the future. ... Does anyone get that Disney parks were wonderful places to visit BEFORE they were all tooned up and became all about the Disney BRAND? ... You can keep your Dole Whips (unless you're taking me to Hawaii for mine) and stop whining about your damn cinnamon buns. I'd like my grape juice bars back to go with my Italian salad dressing and Sunday brunch at Top of the World, but I buy my pants in the Big Spirits Section. ... Yes, I lived through EPCOT and DCA without foamheads and turned out just fine. ... Sorry, SoCal, but all Aquaticas were not created equally. ... Anyone want to argue with me that Le Cellier is fine dining? ... Anyone here remember the cool gizmos and toys you could buy on the second level of the Centorium? ... Does anyone remember when Disney decided to sell its history off one piece at a time on eBay (including John Hench's entire museum-caliber collection)? ... Am I really booked on two Disney cruises next year? ... You do realize that from here on the question will be 'Can Disney Get Its Groove Back?' because they are not the tops in themed entertainment anymore stateside. ... Is Ricky Brigante really taking swipes at folks who spilled about the Studios makeover? I want to dislike him more than Lou, but my heart just ain't in it. ... Should special needs adults be allowed to Tweet if all they do is write hateful things about MAGICal folks? ... It is hard to listen to teens and 20-somethings pontificate about the glories of WDW's first two decades when they were not around or out of poopie diapers for them. ... Something overrated from the good, old Disney days: America on Parade. ... I know Jim Hill thinks I hate him, which I most assuredly do not, but he should get some kudos for having the Studios makeover story largely right and largely before most of the rest of the pack (something I was not aware of until recently). ... Speaking of online Disney, Miceage is sadly failing along with Al Lutz's health. ... Is stealing OK if no one ever finds out? ... You can't base an opinion of a theme park attraction or show off a YouTube video anymore accurately than you can experience a sexual encounter from or a meal of fine cuisine from watching a cooking show. Some things in life must be experienced, so don't tell me how great (or bad) something is because you saw it on your tiny iPhone screen. ... Did I mention that the Studios makeover is still on and that you haven't heard the biggest UNI news yet? Good ... Because I do like to ramble.

Captain Chaos

Wait, @WDW197474 was Bi? Spent time with Michele Bachman to pray the you know what away cause it sure didn't work on her husband... Ohh wait, was BI-COASTAL.. never mind.. I think many fanbois hearts were just crushed hoping 74 was... yea.. anyway.. lol

So, no more D23 expos huh? Guess that is why this year will go out with a fizzle? Only Disney can ruin their last expo.. If this were me, I'd make the last expo their biggest and go out with a bang... But, alas, this is Disney... D23 expo will go out with a whimper while all the bloggers hug and cry and massage each other's..................

WDW1974

Original Poster
Mainly for the 2005 remake. They did not make nor do they have the rights for the current restoration of the 1933 original (WB/Turner does), nor were they involved with the 1976 remake (that's Paramount's problem). I'm just saying that to be all technical. :p Kong's involvement with UOR was like Star Tours at Disney, not really because it's "theirs", but that they wanted a ride based on it. I don't criticize them for making a new one.

Honestly, the only truly good Kong film was the original. But it was a classic and the character has remained well known (and the lousy film from last decade only helped a bit), which should -- but won't -- shut up any whiny fanboi who wants to talk about Harry Potter or Star Wars losing their relevance.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, with all the seemingly disappointing rumors coming out about a lack of announcements at D23....what does the Spirit see as the most likely scenario for upcoming attractions announcements?

I'll let you know when I've figured that out myself! ... But Disney likes to control things. It's why they were not happy with Tommy Boi when he puked forth the MM+ plans. Disney likes to release things on its timeline with as much attention as it can get. One would think that would be D23, but for all we know they may be planning a huge MM+ junket for national and international press and want to release info then (just spitballing here).

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm wondering this myself. @WDW1974 Now a ton more sources have "confirmed" that Disney isn't going to have anything new to announce at D23, what does this mean for the leaked attraction roster about Star Wars and Cars? Or are those sources simply wrong and they still are going ahead with a full on announcement at D23?

It seems like a really terrible business move to leak and tease a massive announcement and then backpedal and not announce anything. Hyping up the fans only to show them nothing is a fantastic way to incite the fanbase and lose potential customers.

Disney most definitely did NOT leak or orchestrate the leakage of plans. This was a CM acting on their own looking to stir things up.

But that isn't important. The plans are.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh Spirit, I wasn't questioning the if they have anything to announce, just more of an idea of when. If they want to kill the Expo that is up to them. So if they won't use that what is a more likely scenario? Comic-Con? Celebration Europe for the Star Wars stuff? Or just a random media event?

Disney will never make major announcements at events that are not of their own making.

They are like a beauty queen. They don't like sharing the spotlight with anyone.

Sounds like @Lee if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom