Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

nytimez

When people argue politics online, I am just...

JpWWvtG.gif

This is hypnotic.

I just lost weight, quit smoking and got rid of my fear or spiders staring at this.

jensenrick

I think Spirit shares the same concern as I about "Stand Your Ground" laws applying to individuals who willfully insert themselves into dangerous situations. There are many ways to de-escalate conflict and avoid violent confrontation. In all honesty, I don't think either party in the Zimmerman case did what was needed to avoid violent conflict, but unfortunately, we have a law on the books that allows legalized manslaughter when such confrontations arise. There is something wrong with this. It is one thing to defend yourself. It is another thing to hunt and provoke someone into conflict and then attempt to defend yourself.

A+ & thank you! Couldn't agree more!

Scuttle

I think Spirit shares the same concern as I about "Stand Your Ground" laws applying to individuals who willfully insert themselves into dangerous situations. There are many ways to de-escalate conflict and avoid violent confrontation. In all honesty, I don't think either party in the Zimmerman case did what was needed to avoid violent conflict, but unfortunately, we have a law on the books that allows legalized manslaughter when such confrontations arise. There is something wrong with this. It is one thing to defend yourself. It is another thing to hunt and provoke someone into conflict and then attempt to defend yourself.
Agreed, I'll never understand who FLA abolished the '' duty to retreat'' law. Although that had flaws as well guys.

donaldtoo

OK, so let me see if I can guess what happens next...
Disneyland goes bye bye when the San Andreas Fault finally says "**** this tension ****!!!" and breaks half a' the Golden state off...see ya'!!!
WDW gets wiped out by a meteor the size of...Horizons?
TDL, and TDS...GODZZIRRRAAAA!!! Obviously.
DLP? Let me guess...German tour groups with flags invading every summer...?
HKDL...?!?!?! Ya' know what? They'll probably do just fine. Communist Flippin' China has Capitalism down better than...well, the inventors of Capitalism do.

John

Alrighty then....you want to go political....lets get this party started. I think that its terrible what happened in the Travon Martin case. But what is more terrible is how the effed up media handled it all. The truth is that 94% of all blacks who are murdered are killed by other blacks. So many young black youths are losing their lives everyday. In Chicago lately they are killing eachother at historical rates. The Martin case wasn't racial in its essence but was made out to be by the race baiters.

What about the soldiers who die almost everyday in Afghanistan.....is that not as tragic? Political? How about cigarettes? If there was any other product on the market that killed so many people ( lead) there would be an outrage. Tobacco kills more people then guns exponentially... but yet we ignore it. How about alcohol? How many people lose their lives due to alcohol.....where is the outrage? Why because of money....that's why.

Ok Spirit.....this is going to continue till you give it up.

John

So many years ago the government sued the tobacco companies over the use....LOL...extortion on a epic scale. They said it was to pay for hospitalization of users....LOL where is that money now?.....billions and billions of dollars. Ha! Gone that's where. I bet little if any went to any one who actually used tobacco and their health care. I am surprised they havnt filed the same kind of suit against alcohol producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom