Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The Cove made me decide to never go back to SeaWorld. I don't know if I could even handle Blackfish.

The last time I've been to SeaWorld was ...when I was 9, and it was the SeaWorld in Ohio.

When I was young I wanted to be a marine biologist. My mom even painted my entire bedroom like an aquarium. She thought I would love seeing the animals at SeaWorld...unfortunately the exact opposite happened and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I cried the entire way home. Honestly, I don't remember much of it, but Mom remembers it vividly ...as it was the last time she took me there lol

I haven't seen The Cove. Apparently I'm out of touch with movies....that's what no cable (therefore, no in-your-face advertisements nonstop) will do to ya.

truecoat

I haven't seen those movies. I love animals and donate to the ASPCA, but I'm okay with keeping zoos and tanks and such.

I respect people who hold the opinion that animals should be left alone, free in the wild. I just really like zoos and Sea World and think its okay to keep a few prisoner for our own benefit. I thought about it and that is what I came up with. It's selfish, but that's my thing.

I also keep a cat prisoner on a daily basis and thwart all attempts at escape. Oh, if only she had a film crew and could make a movie about ME! You'd see her clawing at the glass, trying to get out, darting into the garage only to find the door closed, hunting limited to lizards by the pool when bunnies and birds are so close by. It's a good thing she doesn't have a crew, lol. :)

How many people has she killed?

MattM

Everything is one-sided and biased. You have to take everything in the context of everything else you know.

But given that you've just dismissed individuals as "sheep" for simply reading and posting in the same thread you're reading and posting in, you appear to have a very limited understanding of how people think, act and form opinions.

Come back when you've matured and show a willingness to respect the intelligence of others, and I'll be happy to engage you.

Wow, we got ourselves all worked up over a simple question, didnt we? And a putdown to me from your little lecture about maturity and respect? Bless your heart.

I don't check this thread much anymore. Life goof said, so many words, very little said. Daily musings and what not keep the sheep coming back. If that offended you, then you're probably who I am talking about. But this is an Internet board. Get over it. And get over yourself.

In the meantime, I'll try and cope with the loss of your engagement.

**rolls eyes**

WDWFREAK53

I haven't seen those movies. I love animals and donate to the ASPCA, but I'm okay with keeping zoos and tanks and such.

I respect people who hold the opinion that animals should be left alone, free in the wild. I just really like zoos and Sea World and think its okay to keep a few prisoner for our own benefit. I thought about it and that is what I came up with. It's selfish, but that's my thing.

I also keep a cat prisoner on a daily basis and thwart all attempts at escape. Oh, if only she had a film crew and could make a movie about ME! You'd see her clawing at the glass, trying to get out, darting into the garage only to find the door closed, hunting limited to lizards by the pool when bunnies and birds are so close by. It's a good thing she doesn't have a crew, lol. :)

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of zoos and aquariums because I think it helps us as a species to grow and learn about them...

What I'm not perfectly fine with is the brutality and killing that is associated with certain zoos/aquariums.

Calvin Coolidge

Blackfish is the pink slime of the aquatic animal theme park industry. Once people see it, they will want some changes. Not sure if you've seen "The Cove", but, I'd say "Blackfish" is even more haunting than that film and targets an American company.
Wait so with the "pink slime" comparison are you trying to say Blackfish is overhyped and bogus? (That very well could be; I haven't seen it. But it seems to contradict the other things you've been saying)

tissandtully

I like zoos and aquariums too, but some animals can't be kept in a bathtub.

Also, I honestly think people are ignorant (understandable) as to how Sea World procures their orcas, including myself until I saw this film. I always assumed they were rescues like the aquarium near me that houses a certain famous dolphin and does great things for animals. I was appalled when I saw that they literally rip them away after deliberately separating them from their mothers, whom continue to mourn their loss. It's tragic.

tissandtully

Wait so with the "pink slime" comparison are you trying to say Blackfish is overhyped and bogus? (That very well could be; I haven't seen it. But it seems to contradict the other things you've been saying)

Probably wasn't the best parallel, but what I meant is that it got people's attention, whether it was over-sensationalized or not, is it bad that people probably care more about where their food comes from? I'll be the first to admit that most docs are sensationalized, like any good persuasive argument, but, it's hard to argue with a lot of what they present and the people they interview.

Clever Name

None. She can't kill big things. She's just a little cat. She has killed birds, mice, chipmunks and at least one bunny.

It has been argued by my family that she'd kill me if she could, but I don't think she would. I think she loves me.
I am convinced that if I die and no one comes by the house for a few days, my cat will nibble the most tasty parts of me away.

pheneix

Well, it's almost time for me to talk, present some new observations (yes, I've been lurking around all sorts of places in the timeshare and outlet mall capital of the world for the past week plus attempting in vain to join the lifestyler ranks to no avail), news, opinion and perspective on profound transformations both to the three major players in O-Town and well, ....to myself as well. Here's a hint on that: turns out I wasn't fully over my Battle with Pixie Dust addiction.

Well, now I am clean and sober and can tell you one thing with absolute validity, after speaking to creatives from both Disney and UNI and an incredibly honest and blunt Disney exec, that is the paradigm for central Florida vacations is changing fundamentally and will continue to do so and Disney, despite some large scale projects coming in the next 4-7 years, has absolutely no clue how to respond and actually compete and no one on the inside believes MM+ is that golden bullet (unless Disney is opting for suicide instead of battle). Disney is worse than the Titanic because there's no one at the helm, no plans, just lots of 'if we do this' and it looks like they plan on waiting for the war to be lost before doing battle

Oh, remind me to tell you how I got go actually use the new NGE CM 'only'Apple tools to see what they can really see about guests, how flAwed it all is and how the company had been knowingly and willfully lying about the safety of your personal info --- I WUZ RIGHT!!! As usual ...

Oh, I'm also going to be taking shots at lazy fat WDW guests and why WDW has enabled them for the past 10-15 years while losing more upscale and discerning guests, so if you can't handle that then I'd advise you sit on the sidelines holding the clipboard.

There's some fascinating stuff coming up and so long as you don't view Disney as your religion, you likely will find what is about to come out quite eye-opening. I know I did. And now, for the first time in my adult life, I can safely say my blinders are off and I can see see quite clearly. Perhaps, it is time to offer my help to Georgie K (not just on choices for BBQ in O-town, but on how he can prevent what is shaping up to be an epic disaster the likes oF which, WDW has never seen) ...we shall see:greedy::D:cool:.

Welcome to a better world. :D

luv

I keep reading about 4 Rivers here! Must try it one day!

I fell in love with BBQ when I moved to central Florida and was delighted to find that Sonny's has a drive-through. Why don't people eat this stuff up north?! It's so good! (Not good for you, though, obviously.)

Captain Chaos

Everything is one-sided and biased. You have to take everything in the context of everything else you know.

But given that you've just dismissed individuals as "sheep" for simply reading and posting in the same thread you're reading and posting in, you appear to have a very limited understanding of how people think, act and form opinions.

Come back when you've matured and show a willingness to respect the intelligence of others, and I'll be happy to engage you.
It is the same all the time... The ones who complain about 74 always, always, ALWAYS have to come into his threads... Then they complain in his thread about people have conversations about 74's postings, and the same brain dead morons complain about 74 getting a thrill seeing the post count go up WHILE CONTRIBUTING TO THE INCREAING POST COUNT... Some people are just idiots, and many of them prove it, just look at the post you quoted.... He proves how brain dead he is every time he posts... IGNORE is such a wonderful feature...

Nubs70

Perhaps, it is time to offer my help to Georgie K (not just on choices for BBQ in O-town, but on how he can prevent what is shaping up to be an epic disaster the likes oF which, WDW has never seen) ...we shall see:greedy::D:cool:.

Could it be that the current bread and butter demographic will soon not have the discretionary income to go to Disney? Something similar to 07 to 09?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom