Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

Come on @WDW1974. I think based on your uncanny ability to use hundreds of words to say absolutely nothing, even I am starting to think that you are part of Marketing at Disney. So far you have sent a grouping of "I know - I know's" out there but for all I know you spent that last few weeks sitting in a dark room watching Gilligan re-runs. If you're not going to say anything useful...don't say anything at all. It's starting to lose it's "mystery" appeal. And by all means let's start another "we are so much better than fat people" thread. It is always impressive and never gets old.:grumpy:
Here, here. But sheep will keep coming back if you feed them at the same time and same place every day. Doesn't matter what you serve, they'll eat it. And some people here really get off on watching the views/replies grow on a thread they started. Kinda weird, but to each their own, I suppose.

luv

Disney has to be totally confused by this summer. I think they were expecting major business and it simply failed to show up. Even during 4th of July week. I think this Summer things have truly started to shift vacation wise in Orlando. Universal is doing crazy business. The parks are packed and they are doing crazy business.
The craziest thing is how busy all of the water parks have been this summer. Even with the rainy weather. Aquatica hasn't been this busy since their first summer. I am beginning to think many locals have cut back on the number of AP's they have(we used to have a BGT platinum, Universal AP and every other year WDW, we now only have Universal do to lack of moola) and may have cut back to just water park AP's or the after 2 pm pass. Also, BGT and Seaworld offered summer only passes including the waterparks so that might explain the uptick.

I think WDW has jacked there AP price too much over the last few years without adding much of anything. Meanwhile Universal AP's have gone up but not that much and look what they have added and of course what is coming. My only complaint is I wish Universal would offer an AP that included Wet and Wild. It would be nice to have one pass for all 3 parks. Like SeaWorld/BGT offers.

I don't know what the hell is going over at SeaWorld Parks. They really have mismanaged BGW. I can't believe what they are doing to that park. It is just a shame.
I think that Uni and Sea World are both busier this summer.

I renewed my Disney AP last spring, but am seriously thinking about not renewing next year. I'll keep the water park AP, though, lol. Not giving up my Uni pass!

Disney won't care. They don't want local adults. They want foreign teens.

twebber55

I think that Uni and Sea World are both busier this summer.

I renewed my Disney AP last spring, but am seriously thinking about not renewing next year. I'll keep the water park AP, though, lol. Not giving up my Uni pass, though!

Disney won't care. They don't want local adults. They want foreign teens.
when i view wait times on my app uni looks very busy

luv

when i view wait times on my app uni looks very busy
It is busy. IoA, like the Disney parks, is now on my list of places to avoid in the summer months. Too squishy, busy and hot. Sea World, though, is still doable. And so pretty. I love Sea World. :)

luv

Sea World will tank once Blackfish gets wide release and wins its much deserved Oscar.
I doubt it. They've always had some of the animal rights people up in arms. I think Sea World, BG, Epcot and AK will always have a few people out there who don't go because it doesn't align with their personal beliefs, but I don't think there are enough of those people to "tank" them. (Funny pun, btw. :))

But I don't really know, of course. We will have to see.

Me, personally, I love Sea World.

tissandtully

I doubt it. They've always had some of the animal rights people up in arms. I think Sea World, BG, Epcot and AK will always have a few people out there who don't go because it doesn't align with their personal beliefs, but I don't think there are enough of those people to "tank" them. (Funny pun, btw. :))

But I don't really know, of course. We will have to see.

Me, personally, I love Sea World.

Blackfish is the pink slime of the aquatic animal theme park industry. Once people see it, they will want some changes. Not sure if you've seen "The Cove", but, I'd say "Blackfish" is even more haunting than that film and targets an American company.

nytimez

Blackfish is the pink slime of the aquatic animal theme park industry. Once people see it, they will want some changes. Not sure if you've seen "The Cove", but, I'd say "Blackfish" is even more haunting than that film and targets an American company.

Yes, this. You don't have to be an animal rights activist to be moved by "Blackfish." I think the film makes a very compelling case that killer whales simply don't do well in captivity even in seemingly humane conditions.

More importantly, the film strongly suggests that Sea World knows this better than anyone else, yet has to pretend otherwise because the killer whales are their bread and butter.

I found the Sea World rebuttal - and the rebuttal to the rebuttal - a fascinating coda to the story, because I don't think the company did a very good job of defending itself at all.

luv

I haven't seen those movies. I love animals and donate to the ASPCA, but I'm okay with keeping zoos and tanks and such.

I respect people who hold the opinion that animals should be left alone, free in the wild. I just really like zoos and Sea World and think its okay to keep a few prisoner for our own benefit. I thought about it and that is what I came up with. It's selfish, but that's my thing.

I also keep a cat prisoner on a daily basis and thwart all attempts at escape. Oh, if only she had a film crew and could make a movie about ME! You'd see her clawing at the glass, trying to get out, darting into the garage only to find the door closed, hunting limited to lizards by the pool when bunnies and birds are so close by. It's a good thing she doesn't have a crew, lol. :)

nytimez

I haven't seen those movies. I love animals and donate to the ASPCA, but I'm okay with keeping zoos and tanks and such.

I respect people who hold the opinion that animals should be left alone, free in the wild. I just really like zoos and Sea World and think its okay to keep a few prisoner for our own benefit. I thought about it and that is what I came up with. It's selfish, but that's my thing.

I would say I agree with you close to 100 percent on that - yet "Blackfish" has changed my opinion when it comes to Sea World and killer whales.

I'd be curious to see how you respond to "Blackfish," should you choose to see it.

tissandtully

I also keep a cat prisoner on a daily basis and thwart all attempts at escape. Oh, if only she had a film crew and could make a movie about ME! You'd see her clawing at the glass, trying to get out, darting into the garage only to find the door closed, hunting limited to lizards by the pool when bunnies and birds are so close by. It's a good thing she doesn't have a crew, lol. :)

I'm not doubting your love for animals, just take some time to see it eventually.

Reactions: luv

luv

I would say I agree with you close to 100 percent on that - yet "Blackfish" has changed my opinion when it comes to Sea World and killer whales.

I'd be curious to see how you respond to "Blackfish," should you choose to see it.
I'm not doubting your love for animals, just take some time to see it eventually.
Maybe I'll watch it one day on DVD. I get the whole "born free" thing and understand where people are coming from.

For now, agree to disagree??

nytimez

Because of a one-sided, biased "documentary?"

Everything is one-sided and biased. You have to take everything in the context of everything else you know.

But given that you've just dismissed individuals as "sheep" for simply reading and posting in the same thread you're reading and posting in, you appear to have a very limited understanding of how people think, act and form opinions.

Come back when you've matured and show a willingness to respect the intelligence of others, and I'll be happy to engage you.

WDWFREAK53

The Cove made me decide to never go back to SeaWorld. I don't know if I could even handle Blackfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom