Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, can I also say that @Lee has become quite uppiity of late?

And that I am waiting for my hero @WDWFigment to proclaim boldly that I am worse than he is because so have spent more days at WDW than he has this year. BUT I wonder who has the most trips planned for the rest of the year.

One more thing, how about that Pacific Rim? What a helluva hit that was, right?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Oh, you tease, WDW1974.

I get up at 4:30 to let the dog out, and am all excited to see you're back. And what do you give us? Hints. Hints about not good things.

Never mind. Back to bed I go; where in my sweet, pixie dust filled dreams, Disney is preparing a giant can of whoop-a$$, and is going to show Uni how this game is really played.

Welcome back.

manutdfan1

Well, it's almost time for me to talk, present some new observations (yes, I've been lurking around all sorts of places in the timeshare and outlet mall capital of the world for the past week plus attempting in vain to join the lifestyler ranks to no avail), news, opinion and perspective on profound transformations both to the three major players in O-Town and well, ....to myself as well. Here's a hint on that: turns out I wasn't fully over my Battle with Pixie Dust addiction.

Well, now I am clean and sober and can tell you one thing with absolute validity, after speaking to creatives from both Disney and UNI and an incredibly honest and blunt Disney exec, that is the paradigm for central Florida vacations is changing fundamentally and will continue to do so and Disney, despite some large scale projects coming in the next 4-7 years, has absolutely no clue how to respond and actually compete and no one on the inside believes MM+ is that golden bullet (unless Disney is opting for suicide instead of battle). Disney is worse than the Titanic because there's no one at the helm, no plans, just lots of 'if we do this' and it looks like they plan on waiting for the war to be lost before doing battle

Oh, remind me to tell you how I got go actually use the new NGE CM 'only'Apple tools to see what they can really see about guests, how flAwed it all is and how the company had been knowingly and willfully lying about the safety of your personal info --- I WUZ RIGHT!!! As usual ...

Oh, I'm also going to be taking shots at lazy fat WDW guests and why WDW has enabled them for the past 10-15 years while losing more upscale and discerning guests, so if you can't handle that then I'd advise you sit on the sidelines holding the clipboard.

There's some fascinating stuff coming up and so long as you don't view Disney as your religion, you likely will find what is about to come out quite eye-opening. I know I did. And now, for the first time in my adult life, I can safely say my blinders are off and I can see see quite clearly. Perhaps, it is time to offer my help to Georgie K (not just on choices for BBQ in O-town, but on how he can prevent what is shaping up to be an epic disaster the likes oF which, WDW has never seen) ...we shall see:greedy::D:cool:.

That was just mean, Spirit. Come on... Out with it already!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Well, it's almost time for me to talk, present some new observations (yes, I've been lurking around all sorts of places in the timeshare and outlet mall capital of the world for the past week plus attempting in vain to join the lifestyler ranks to no avail), news, opinion and perspective on profound transformations both to the three major players in O-Town and well, ....to myself as well. Here's a hint on that: turns out I wasn't fully over my Battle with Pixie Dust addiction.

Well, now I am clean and sober and can tell you one thing with absolute validity, after speaking to creatives from both Disney and UNI and an incredibly honest and blunt Disney exec, that is the paradigm for central Florida vacations is changing fundamentally and will continue to do so and Disney, despite some large scale projects coming in the next 4-7 years, has absolutely no clue how to respond and actually compete and no one on the inside believes MM+ is that golden bullet (unless Disney is opting for suicide instead of battle). Disney is worse than the Titanic because there's no one at the helm, no plans, just lots of 'if we do this' and it looks like they plan on waiting for the war to be lost before doing battle

Oh, remind me to tell you how I got go actually use the new NGE CM 'only'Apple tools to see what they can really see about guests, how flAwed it all is and how the company had been knowingly and willfully lying about the safety of your personal info --- I WUZ RIGHT!!! As usual ...

Oh, I'm also going to be taking shots at lazy fat WDW guests and why WDW has enabled them for the past 10-15 years while losing more upscale and discerning guests, so if you can't handle that then I'd advise you sit on the sidelines holding the clipboard.

There's some fascinating stuff coming up and so long as you don't view Disney as your religion, you likely will find what is about to come out quite eye-opening. I know I did. And now, for the first time in my adult life, I can safely say my blinders are off and I can see see quite clearly. Perhaps, it is time to offer my help to Georgie K (not just on choices for BBQ in O-town, but on how he can prevent what is shaping up to be an epic disaster the likes oF which, WDW has never seen) ...we shall see:greedy::D:cool:.

Answering Uni shouldn't be that hard. Restore the parks upkeep and invest in rides that are worth talking about. Say rides found in Tokyo... LPS is a decent start. If they used half their brain controlling costs while offering a high quality experience wouldn't be difficult.

CDavid

Disney, despite some large scale projects coming in the next 4-7 years, has absolutely no clue how to respond and actually compete and no one on the inside believes MM+ is that golden bullet (unless Disney is opting for suicide instead of battle).

I don't think its a complete answer - we've gone far beyond that - but as a start WDW needs to return to the standards and experiences upon which its reputation and success was built in the first place. That means a full resort experience, not just "commando" theme parks, impeccable upkeep and maintenance, regularly freshened and refurbished attractions (and seasonal/special event 'overlays'), stop cutting corners to save pennies, and perhaps the hardest for Disney execs to accept - offer such a premium product at very reasonable, even surprisingly low, prices.

RSoxNo1

I'm also available as a consultant.

FigmentJedi

One more thing, how about that Pacific Rim? What a helluva hit that was, right?
It's been doing pretty well internationally and it still hasn't hit Japan, Brazil or China yet. And you just know the Japanese will eat up a movie about mecha and giant monsters.

Goofyernmost

Come on @WDW1974. I think based on your uncanny ability to use hundreds of words to say absolutely nothing, even I am starting to think that you are part of Marketing at Disney. So far you have sent a grouping of "I know - I know's" out there but for all I know you spent that last few weeks sitting in a dark room watching Gilligan re-runs. If you're not going to say anything useful...don't say anything at all. It's starting to lose it's "mystery" appeal. And by all means let's start another "we are so much better than fat people" thread. It is always impressive and never gets old.:grumpy:

crispy

I hope the climax is as good as the foreplay! You are such a tease!

luv

I think you've convinced me. I'm trying one next week. :hungry:
Have someone to split it with! We didn't know how big it would be and I ended up throwing at least half of it away. If possible, take one bite for me and savor it. Tell me all about my bite, lol. :D

devoy1701

Why doesn't TDO just hire you (@WDW1974) and @Lee and some of us others that still understand what the original vision and purpose was of WDW and the Disney Parks in general to help get them back on the right track.

OR bring back Eisner to run P&R!!!

Atomicmickey

there's no one at the helm, no plans, just lots of 'if we do this' and it looks like they plan on waiting for the war to be lost before doing battle.

When my sig gets deleted in the coming weeks, I suspect I will replace
it with one that just says . . . .

*heavy sigh*

awilliams4

how the company had been knowingly and willfully lying about the safety of your personal info --- I WUZ RIGHT!!! As usual ...

There is not a single company anywhere that can 'protect' data. I am not sure how much Disney should be faulted for that. Every time any company is signing you up for anything they suggest they don't share their data. The only problem with that is, that company did not write the software where the data is going so no one is ever in a position to suggest any protection of your personal data any time any where.

WDW enabling unhealthiness? You don't have to go all the way to Florida to find what enables that. Look next door, across the street, maybe family and friends. It is our culture that enabled it....some overblown political correctness can take some of the blame too.

Funmeister

I find this to be one of the most sobering posts I have read on this site. The tone of the post seems to tell me that all of these problems stem from fundamental flaws. I know it has been discussed but I feel these flaws run deeper than imagined. The company is about to enter a crossroads that it may or may not be able to recover. Am I suggesting it could go out of business? No. Maybe certain aspects.

The Disney wagon wheel model always worked because when one spoke did not perform the other spokes could keep the wheel turning. This was synergy before that term was bastardized. Look at the broad scope. No matter what the Spirit preaches keep in mind the Hollywood movie bubble is about to burst and Disney is on top. (Side note: I really do believe the days of $250m+ super budgets (not including marketing) will be a thing of the past. It won't go away completely however if one of the many Disney tent poles flop in 2015 (POTC5, avengers 2, Star Wars, etc.) it could mean big trouble for the studio.

I am intrigued to see what the Spirit is contouring and how the landscape of central Florida is about to change forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom