Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue_Vongello

By the age of 40, De Niro had done Mean Streets, Godfather Pt 2, The Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and The King of Comedy.

DiCaprio is almost 40 now. Has he done anything as good as Jake La Motta and Travis Bickle?

And that's just DeNiro. There are a number of other actors I'd choose for "best of all time" before DiCaprio would even cross my mind.

Like Nicolas Cage!

stevehousse

You could always watch Orange is the New Black (Provided you're over 17 :)). Just finished the first season yesterday. I bring this up just to divert us from the Leo conversation.
I heard its really good, I just haven't had time to start watching with all the other shows I watch...still haven't been able to finish arrested development either...

Animaniac93-98

It was way up high on my list.
Sadly, we only had time for one day at the park. Next time I'm insisting on two or three.

Get a discounted room at Sequoia. Being able to walk everywhere is good and EMH is the best way to avoid long lines at Crush Coaster.

John

De Nero is an excellent choice. Leo is a good actor no doubt. He has done some nice work.....movies not mentioned...Gangs of New York and Catch me if you can were both really good movies. But best of all time? Surely you jest? He has a way to go to claim that title. Cage is a very good actor who has accomplished much in his career. At least comparable to Leo. Even though Daniel Day Lewis is older I think you can still compare acting ability. Leo isn't even close. IMO as far as acting is concerned, there are others who are as good if not better. I guess you have to decide what criteria decides what makes an actor better. In the end it is all a matter of taste any way.....right? I really like Clint Eastwood. Anybody else think he is a really good actor? Probably not many.
Tom Cruise has had moments. Far and Away is one of my all time favorite movies.

RSoxNo1

I beg to differ. IOA cant handle crowds whatsoever.

Plus If i want a Ginger Ale after riding a roller coaster, its going to cost me $11 dollars at Universal. Their food sucks (except for Mythos) and everything is more expensive....
Quick Service at Unviversal is so-so (I haven't been to the Simpsons area, so I can't comment on that). I like Confisco Grill though, that's good stuff.

willtravel

De Nero is an excellent choice. Leo is a good actor no doubt. He has done some nice work.....movies not mentioned...Gangs of New York and Catch me if you can were both really good movies. But best of all time? Surely you jest? He has a way to go to claim that title. Cage is a very good actor who has accomplished much in his career. At least comparable to Leo. Even though Daniel Day Lewis is older I think you can still compare acting ability. Leo isn't even close. IMO as far as acting is concerned, there are others who are as good if not better. I guess you have to decide what criteria decides what makes an actor better. In the end it is all a matter of taste any way.....right? I really like Clint Eastwood. Anybody else think he is a really good actor? Probably not many.
Tom Cruise has had moments. Far and Away is one of my all time favorite movies.
I think Tom Cruise is an excellent actor also. His face when he acts shows so much emotion. I think a lot like Jimmy Stewart.

John

I think Tom Cruise is an excellent actor also. His face when he acts shows so much emotion. I think a lot like Jimmy Stewart.

Funny you mention Jimmy Stewart....another very good actor.......Rear Window?

Now it's a Leonardo DeCaprio thread.
An old theory states that relevance to the original topic decreases every single post...

DeCaprio thread?....naaaa Movie talk has gone on for several pages. I am sure when the Spirit can give us more there will be a full blown discussion on all things ( well almost) Disney related. It is his thread, we are just wasting time till he can give us some juicy stuf.

luv

Maybe Disney will sell to Comcast, all the parks will be spruced up and get better rides and everyone will get tickets that allow them into all the parks. Or maybe something else...

willtravel

Funny you mention Jimmy Stewart....another very good actor.......Rear Window?

DeCaprio thread?....naaaa Movie talk has gone on for several pages. I am sure when the Spirit can give us more there will be a full blown discussion on all things ( well almost) Disney related. It is his thread, we are just wasting time till he can give us some juicy stuf.
Jimmy Stewart at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom