Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctxak98

Only rewarding piece of the attraction.
AGREE! this rides set-up and entrance are by far the best part of the attraction! besides that I feel like the metal railings and what not inside the tomb (where no human has been in for many years) kind of takes away from the story and scenery. An upgrade would be nice for this area!

rael ramone

Which misinforms the public who then gets ed at Disney for something that they just heard online.

Part of me thinks more 'complaints' are good for them to hear.

But then, GR could get swamped with so much complaints about unfounded rumors that all the many, many legitimate gripes get drowned out...

PhotoDave219

Part of me thinks more 'complaints' are good for them to hear.

But then, GR could get swamped with so much complaints about unfounded rumors that all the many, many legitimate gripes get drowned out...

The minute GR or WDI hears "I heard it on the internet...." they start tuning you out.

GLaDOS

You're splitting hairs. They have plans for most everything.

Doesnt mean its responsible to report every one of them.

Okay, "there's a 10 year plan that seems close to being approved".

Better?

And the tweeter wasn't reporting it. She was saying what she heard. Keeping people informed of whispers. She never made any promises. It's the bloggers and forums blowing it way out of proportion. Just like when Disney has a media event and everyone gets their knickers in a twist when all they announce is a new marketing campaign.

ParentsOf4

I don't know where are getting predictions from selling parks from or your time frame. The only one that could is Disneyland Paris. That Park is in debt.

Disney isn't going to sell Tokyo Disneyland. They are making a profit off it.

Hong Kong Disneyland at this point actually is now making profits and that means your time line is off unless something happens over there.

Selling Shanghai Disneyland 12 years after it opens sounds like wishful thinking by your part. The fact is no one on the message boards or Disney themselves will know how Shanghai Disneyland is going to be from a money standpoint.
I do not believe TWDC has majority stakes in Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, or Shanghai Disneyland. They are not Disney's to sell.:)

Ignoring what's going on with Disneyland Paris, that leaves just DLR and WDW. TWDC would never sell DLR and no one would ever buy WDW.:D

CDavid

I don't think DLRP will be operating for all of them.

I've been literally shocked (and often appalled) at a lot of news from Disney message boards and sites over the years, but my mouth fell open this time to a degree it never has before. This problem isn't just a boneheaded move by a moronic executive team that can't see past financial results.

What percentage of Disneyland Paris does the company own or control at this point, anyway? Just for the sake of argument, even stripped of Disney IP the park would still be immediately recognizable as a Disney "MK" design.

pheneix

I've been literally shocked (and often appalled) at a lot of news from Disney message boards and sites over the years, but my mouth fell open this time to a degree it never has before. This problem isn't just a boneheaded move by a moronic executive team that can't see past financial results.

What percentage of Disneyland Paris does the company own or control at this point, anyway? Just for the sake of argument, even stripped of Disney IP the park would still be immediately recognizable as a Disney "MK" design.

During the first gigantic debt crisis in the 90's, Disney used the threat of closing the resort and turning the land over to the banks as leverage to get better terms on their debt. It's not like Disney has never researched a scenario where they cease operating this resort and have to pull out.

Similar dynamics are going on now with WDC effectively "cutting off the money" to DLRP in an attempt to obtain a more desirable changes and better corporation from Euro Disney SCA. As a consequence, a cessation of operations after Christmas at DLRP is a possibility if this corporate ing match were to run past the realms of sanity. It really already has. EDSCA is still fuming at being told to stop their Terrorific Night event at WDSP because it does "not comply with Disney brand." That event was a cash machine for that little park. But because it did not fit the agenda of certain egos in California, off it went!

asianway

During the first gigantic debt crisis in the 90's, Disney used the threat of closing the resort and turning the land over to the banks as leverage to get better terms on their debt. It's not like Disney has never researched a scenario where they cease operating this resort and have to pull out.

Similar dynamics are going on now with WDC effectively "cutting off the money" to DLRP in an attempt to obtain a more desirable changes and better corporation from Euro Disney SCA. As a consequence, a cessation of operations after Christmas at DLRP is a possibility if this corporate ing match were to run past the realms of sanity. It really already has. EDSCA is still fuming at being told to stop their Terrorific Night event at WDSP because it does "not comply with Disney brand." That event was a cash machine for that little park. But because it did not fit the agenda of certain egos in California, off it went!
I saw the Halloween season announcement with no Terror-ific on it this year. Did not realize they got shut down.

Animaniac93-98

EDSCA is still fuming at being told to stop their Terrorific Night event at WDSP because it does "not comply with Disney brand." That event was a cash machine for that little park. But because it did not fit the agenda of certain egos in California, off it went!

Well that's stupid because HKDL has Halloween offerings that would never go over well stateside, but they're allowed to do it.

At this point, I'd prefer for Euro Disney to have an operation / licensing deal like TDR.

pheneix

The only reason they didn't order work on Ratatouille to cease is because DLRP is actually being forced to pay Imagineering the outrageous budget they ran up for this ride. As far as WDC is concerned, they are already making their money on this ride. Whether or not it opens and ends up generating income for the resort itself is of little concern to WDPR administration given the headwinds DLRP is facing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
100% true. I mentioned several weeks ago that Euro Disney SCA was burning through cash like no tomorrow and that the resort is now generating operating losses.

this doesn't pose well for fanboy dreams... DLP finally starts fixing their maintenance issues... they upgrade their shows (castle show), they announce a major new attraction (rat), they open an extremely popular one (crush coaster), they get a savior in their debts... and the result of all this is an accelerated race to the fatal bottom?

I would expect drastic hour changes, and maybe hotel shutdowns.. but I can't see them closing the park to save money. The blackeye would be so huge... reduced operations I could understand. But questions over payroll? Disney would be forced to fund loans before any of that were to become anywhere close to real.

Reactions: |Q|
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom