Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.dreamfinder

Gonna call BS on that one until I get a better source and link.

Edit: Its an Unsourced Dutch Disney Blog. I need better info to make a decision on
Unless documents from Euro Disney SCA are released, which I'm pretty sure they have to, I won't believe it until I hear it from Spirit, Lee, pheneix, etc.

However here's something from a reliable source.
Peter Sciretta said:
Disney Imagineering has contacted us directly to confirm they "aren’t announcing any new projects related to Star Wars at the D23 Expo"
Just got off the phone with Imagineering. They WILL be teasing Star Wars and Avatar at D23 Expo but...
... it's more like a fun wink and a nod that they are working on things for the Parks, not a reveal or announcement of any attractions.
Well, if you want a MAGICAL experience with an Imagineer, there's still that, right?

Edit: Cap'n Neo beat me to it!

PhotoDave219

Unless documents from Euro Disney SCA are released, which I'm pretty sure they have to, I won't believe it until I hear it from Spirit, Lee, pheneix, etc.

However here's something from a reliable source.

Well, if you want a MAGICAL experience with an Imagineer, there's still that, right?

Edit: Cap'n Neo beat me to it!

Touched by an Imagineer? Isn't that a private tour climaxing with Spaceship Earth?

I did not seriously expect any real announcement of any coming projects at D23. If TDO actually wants to get some buzz (and learn something from up I-4), they'll just start construction and not say anything about it until they're ready to do a blowout announcement. They need to learn from the mistake of annoucing Avatar without any real plan in place, ready to break ground tomorrow. Also, that way it doesnt seem like it takes 18 months to build a meet and greet.... (oh wait)....

PhotoDave219

@WDW1974 is there any reason why Disney posted on their official blog that there will be "teases for new Avatar and Star Wars attractions for our parks" but later decided to retract that by telling /Film "
We’ve been contacted by Disney Imagineering and told the quotes we originally reported, though from an official Disney website, were incorrect. Frank Reifsnyder, Communications & Media Relations Manager for Walt Disney Imagineering said, “There will be teases to Star Wars and to Avatar but nothing about any attractions or experiences based on those properties. Nor are we releasing any new information on those at the D23 Expo.”"

Why are they going back and forth on this?? Are they angry that folks like you keep spilling the beans? If not D23 when would there possibly be a better opportunity to announce these projects??

For a company that is all about communication, its horrible how well they are at communicating internally.... or to the guests.

Black Pearl

Touched by an Imagineer? Isn't that a private tour climaxing with Spaceship Earth?

I did not seriously expect any real announcement of any coming projects at D23. If TDO actually wants to get some buzz (and learn something from up I-4), they'll just start construction and not say anything about it until they're ready to do a blowout announcement. They need to learn from the mistake of annoucing Avatar without any real plan in place, ready to break ground tomorrow. Also, that way it doesnt seem like it takes 18 months to build a meet and greet.... (oh wait)....

I had the funniest thought about that long M&G wait recently. What if Disney really was building a new attraction worth the wait and disguised it as a simple M&G. Upon unveiling, instead of the simple attraction we all expected.... It is a brand new dark ride worthy of the wait, location, and park! Hard to pull off, but would be absolutely awesome in this day and age of everything leaking years before. I would have some new respect for that, and it would call back to the misdirection used in originally building WDW. What a nice dream.

Black Pearl

I still visit that pixie dusters board once in a while...as a study in pixie duster mentality more than anything, but check out their community section...just read a post from lady trying to rent an apartment in Florida for her and her......13 cats!!!
Can you PM or tell me what site you're talking about. A lot of code speak in the thread and I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Nemo14

I do, too. I don't necessarily agree with him on everything, like i don't agree with anyone on everything (except Nemo so far, unless you count her preference for Manta over Kraken, but she'll come around!) but he seems like a nice guy and has been very nice to me.

I was in no way attempting to personally attack him. He said he wanted a bunch of viewpoints and I posted mine. :) I seriously hope it didn't read that way.

And that's "Brava." ;), but thanks for the accolades. :D

You are wise beyond your years!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
WOW. The entire Disney Blog-o-sphere is reporting all the rumors (Imagination Pavilion, DAK night show, SW, Avatar, Studios new entrance) as if they're straight up fact. I sincerely doubt all of those people that live in New York, Kentucky and god knows where else have the sources to actually verify them.

It bothers me that a rumor pops up on (... well HERE. These rumors show up HERE first.... Mainly because our insiders are generally RIGHT....) and then somehow theyre taken as absolute gospel because some blogger repeats them and it gets out of control.

Just es me off because these people have no idea how to properly vett and source what theyre putting out there. Which misinforms the public who then gets ed at Disney for something that they just heard online.

/EndRantForNow
Completely agree - it is ridiculous. In some cases I think they are just looking for the attention (and links), and in other cases they are just being irresponsible.

What makes it worse is that we then get some of our own members here creating a thread about "some random blog says", when it is just a complete rehash of what has been said here for months, or years.

RSoxNo1

WOW. The entire Disney Blog-o-sphere is reporting all the rumors (Imagination Pavilion, DAK night show, SW, Avatar, Studios new entrance) as if they're straight up fact. I sincerely doubt all of those people that live in New York, Kentucky and god knows where else have the sources to actually verify them.

It bothers me that a rumor pops up on (... well HERE. These rumors show up HERE first.... Mainly because our insiders are generally RIGHT....) and then somehow theyre taken as absolute gospel because some blogger repeats them and it gets out of control.

Just es me off because these people have no idea how to properly vett and source what theyre putting out there. Which misinforms the public who then gets ed at Disney for something that they just heard online.

/EndRantForNow
Everyone that owns a news or rumor website should read this post.

Goofyernmost

I do, too. I don't necessarily agree with him on everything, like i don't agree with anyone on everything (except Nemo so far, unless you count her preference for Manta over Kraken, but she'll come around!) but he seems like a nice guy and has been very nice to me.

I was in no way attempting to personally attack him. He said he wanted a bunch of viewpoints and I posted mine. :) I seriously hope it didn't read that way.

And that's "Brava." ;), but thanks for the accolades. :D
Brava huh? I'm sure I was just trying to not appear sexist! See if I ever try and compliment you anymore.:D

I didn't think you were attempting to personally attack him any more than I was. Both of us, I think were, disagreeing with a concept brought up by him concerning the blanket condemnation of a group of people. A group of people that he somehow managed to completely isolate himself from while sitting right in the middle of it. I just find that amusing!:angelic:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I can't wait to see DAK's 2014 numbers without their old parade. It barely holds people there till 3:45 as it is.
I must be in the vast minority here.
In the past, let's say 10 visits, each consisting of 10 park days, I have NEVER seen a single day time parade/show. At any of the parks.
On the other hand, I do enjoy most of the night time shows and parades.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Completely agree - it is ridiculous. In some cases I think they are just looking for the attention (and links), and in other cases they are just being irresponsible.

What makes it worse is that we then get some of our own members here creating a thread about "some random blog says", when it is just a complete rehash of what has been said here for months, or years.

I vote for the last one :) But I blame the readers just as much as the sites themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom