Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiveMeTheMusic

But for glorified extended cameos in the Avengers II and maybe III, Iron Man movies are done. There's nothing we can do to prevent at least 5 or 6 more Star Wars movies from coming out. Probably more. Synergy, man, SYNERGY!!!

But Iron Man is the sh*t! People go crazy over it, as evidenced by the absurd wait times for the Kinect 60 second Iron Man screen experience at Innoventions. An Indy-sized E-Ticket would break records...I don't get the thinking. The whole third gate could be Star Wars for all I care, Lord knows there's enough material.

lazyboy97o

But Iron Man is the sh*t! People go crazy over it, as evidenced by the absurd wait times for the Kinect 60 second Iron Man screen experience at Innoventions. An Indy-sized E-Ticket would break records...I don't get the thinking. The whole third gate could be Star Wars for all I care, Lord knows there's enough material.
Robert Downey Jr.'s price probably plays a role.

Californian Elitist

Count me in as another who's disappointed with no Iron Man for Disneyland. Screw this Tron/Star Wars/Monsters business, bring on Tony Stark, please.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In defense of the interwebs, a lot of that hype was drummed up by Sea World themselves.

Well I certainly think they were trying to duplicate what Disney has done with their 'behind the scenes...' Types of promoting upcoming things. I don't find that misguided... It's new and deserves promotion. But from those that wanted to show how behind Disney is... To the sea lovers... This was supposed to show everyone!! All really based on it being lps. I hope they manage to salvage it into something worth while... But people were really to leap without looking.[/quote]

ParentsOf4

I'm guilty of this myself. I really wanted to love this ride. When the first reviews came back and were mostly negative I dismissed it as people being overly critical... then I rode the thing. The actual penguin part at the end was very cool and well done. The ride part was just strange and kinda pointless. It didn't help that it broke down multiple times and it took me almost 3 hours to finish including the wait.
My family had a similar reaction to Transformers at USF. We wanted to like this ride but ...

On the upside, let me start by offering that my DW loved the look of the large square building. I know several have questioned it but she thought it was great thematically within a "studio" where sightlines only matter depending on filming angles. She also really liked the gigantic Transformer above the entrance and the Transformers meet & greet; thought both looked really impressive as "actual" Transformers.

On the downside, everyone in my party (DW, our 4 teenagers, and 3 teenage rookies traveling with us) thought Spiderman was better. Transformers is longer (we all thought) but Spiderman was a more cohesive story. Spiderman offered more variety in its various viewing screens whereas every Transformers viewing screen felt like they were showing the same thing; some "good" Transformer fighting with some "bad" Transformer. If we knew the characters better we might of appreciated it more but, frankly, one Transformer looks pretty much the same as the next whereas Spiderman villains offer variety. For the 9 of us, all thought the old Spiderman was still better.

BTW, Diagon Alley looks like it's going to be huge.

Sue_Vongello

My family had a similar reaction to Transformers at USF. We wanted to like this ride but ...

On the upside, let me start by offering that my DW loved the look of the large square building. I know several have questioned it but she thought it was great thematically with a "studio" where sightlines only matter depending on filming angles. She also really liked the gigantic Transformer above the entrance and the Transformers meet & greet, though both looked really impressive as "actual" Transformers.

On the downside, everyone in my party (DW, our 4 teenagers, and 3 teenage rookies traveling with us) thought Spiderman was better. Transformers is longer (we all thought) but Spiderman was a more cohesive story. Spiderman offered more variety in its various viewing screens whereas every Transformers viewing screen felt like they were showing the same thing; some "good" Transformer fighting with some "bad" Transformer. If we knew the characters better we might of appreciated it more but, frankly, one Transformer looks pretty much the same as the next whereas Spiderman villains offer variety. For the 9 of us, all thought the old Spiderman was still better.

BTW, Diagon Alley looks like it's going to be huge.

Yeah I mean the ride is based on a Michael Bay film ... it's EXACTLY like it ... loud and no story ... that being said, the themeing inside is great the ride is thrilling ... and perhaps why I give it such a pass ... it's an E-ticket added at the last minute just for the sake of adding an E-ticket ... that to me makes me so happy.

culturenthrills

I am working on confirming where some of the new ones have taken up home.

The list thus far is
~Europe in the Air canned indefinitely
~Fewer registers all around open
~Two large shows canned for Illuminights
~One slapped together for Illuminights
~No theme cohesion for Illuminights; tacky cheap decor thrown around
~Cuts for HoS and XmasTown have occurred
~More cuts for the two of those events are inbound
~Layoffs
~Some food price increase
~Reduced ride vehicles in operation
~AC temps turned up
~Working on confirming reports of landscaping crew cutbacks
~Working on confirmation of what exactly the round of cuts that just came will affect
~Other sources are expecting sale sooner than later
~WCUSA has pretty much had its expansions canned
~BGW has pretty much had its expansions canned

I know I am forgetting some.

That is just sad. I am glad I am not back in VA to see this. I really hate to see this park ruined. It is one of my favorite parks.

ParentsOf4

A rumor on another website (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3141417) from someone who's been pretty accurate with these things is that Free Dining will be extended to cover the following dates by the end of the month:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22

Iger is desperate to do away with Free Dining because he views it as a tremendous expense. If Free Dining is extended, then more than anything, this is a strong indication that all is not well with WDW attendance and NFL has done little to help.

NoChesterHester

A rumor on another website (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3141417) from someone who's been pretty accurate with these things is that Free Dining will be extended to cover the following dates by the end of the month:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22

Iger is desperate to do away with Free Dining because he views it as a tremendous expense. If Free Dining is extended, then more than anything, this is a strong indication that all is not well with WDW attendance and NFL has done little to help.

Doesn't aenecodal evidence suggest that all of Orlando is slow?

ParentsOf4

Doesn't aenecodal evidence suggest that all of Orlando is slow?
Uni felt very crowded last week, WDW less so, but I'm not a believer in basing crowd levels on "feeling" or guestimates. Instead, I prefer to look at management decisions and quarterly statements, knowing the later always are spun in the most positive light possible.

Offering Free Dining for the better part of 4 months (September to December) is perhaps the best indication that WDW is not hitting its numbers.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Uni felt very crowded last week, WDW less so, but I'm not a believer in basing crowd levels on "feeling" or guestimates. Instead, I prefer to look at management decisions and quarterly statements, knowing the later always are spun in the most positive like possible.

Offering Free Dining for the better part of 4 months (September to December) is perhaps the best indication that WDW is not hitting its numbers.
And giving away food is the best way to make your numbers soar?

Knothead

I had the opportunity today to lay eyes on the 3D renderings of the architectural drawings for the new Diagon Alley area briefly.They were in black and white, and I couldn't tell what was supposed to go inside each building, but the theming and overall look is outstanding and on par with what you see in the other park. Also lots of work on the train ride between the two lands. Impressive stuff.

ParentsOf4

And giving away food is the best way to make your numbers soar?
Onsite resort stays are highly profitable. The margins for WDW rooms are obscene. The fact that Disney is willing to offer "Free Dining" to those staying onsite gives you some idea of how profitable these rooms are.

And some profit is better than no profit, which is what will happen if Disney doesn't offer "Free Dining" for September to December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom