Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Brave is the most boring film Disney has recently come up with. BORING. So boring I couldn't even finish it. I'm still trying to figure out how it beat Wreck-It Ralph and Frankenweenie for Best Animated Picture. As a matter of fact, all he contenders for that award were all better than boring Brave. Snow White trumps its any day for me as well.

I prefer hand-drawn animation, but I enjoy both. Doesn't matter to me.
Pixar.

Californian Elitist

Frankenweenie was amazing and I feel it should have won best animated picture. Brave was beyond any level of awful.....the fact it won the Oscar was downright disturbing!

Frankenweenie had me in tears (my dog was hit by a car and I had to put him down the next day). It was SO good. ParaNorman was good as well and that film deserved the title way more than Brave did! Honestly, Brave shouldn't have even been nominated. Whoever voted for that film must have been on something.

Turtle

Frankenweenie had me in tears (my dog was hit by a car and I had to put him down the next day). It was SO good. ParaNorman was good as well and that film deserved the title way more than Brave did! Honestly, Brave shouldn't have even been nominated. Whoever voted for that film must have been on something.
I think Brave deserved a nomination but not the award. Just my opinion since I know I can be Pixar biased.

MerlinTheGoat

Why is that "looks CGI" a derogatory comment, and "looks hand drawn" is not?
Because I don't like the look of CGI animated movies and I do like the look of hand drawn animated movies, that's how I feel on the matter anyways. And as I said, one of your pictures looks completely different in art style (and superior) to the other one. I wish the movie HAD looked as good as that poster (wouldn't have helped the boring plot and characters any but would have been some nice eye candy at least).

Brave is the most boring film Disney has recently come up with. BORING. So boring I couldn't even finish it. I'm still trying to figure out how it beat Wreck-It Ralph and Frankenweenie for Best Animated Picture. As a matter of fact, all he contenders for that award were all better than boring Brave. Snow White trumps its any day for me as well.

I prefer hand-drawn animation, but I enjoy both. Doesn't matter to me.
Yeah I agree, really enjoyed Wreck it Ralph and legit thought it was a great movie (haven't seen the new Frankenweenie yet, saw the original live action version though a long time ago). Didn't care for the animation at all on Wreck it Ralph, but I forgave it because the movie itself was awesome. I again realize a ton of people hate Cars 2, but it (again) did something Brave didn't do- kept me awake and entertained. And so still does Snow White for that matter with its simple charm, animation and songs.

I'll always be able to enjoy a CGI movie even if the animation truly sucks as long as it's entertaining. Every Pixar movie except for Brave has done exactly that, even the worst they made previously. Hell, I've had my issues with Tangled in the past (still do), but Brave actually made me appreciate Tangled more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Because I don't like the look of CGI animated movies and I do like the look of hand drawn animated movies, that's how I feel on the matter anyways. And as I said, one of your pictures looks completely different in art style (and superior) to the other one.

I agree with you on that statement, the Brave one. :)

Seriously, I understand that people have personal preferences but that doesn't make one form of art any more valid then the other.

Reactions: HMF

MerlinTheGoat

I agree with you on that statement, the Brave one. :)

Seriously, I understand that people have personal preferences but that doesn't make one form of art any more valid then the other.
If you enjoy CGI, then more power to you. No problems whatsoever with people who do. I'm just saying I do not like the look of it. Different tastes and all.

It does really bug me that Disney has stopped traditional animation completely in favor of ALL CGI (at least have both). Hopefully this isn't forever (or that they find a way to make CGI movies that look more like traditionally animated movies).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If you enjoy CGI, then more power to you. No problems whatsoever with people who do. I'm just saying I do not like the look of it. Different tastes and all.

It does really bug me that Disney has stopped traditional animation completely in favor of ALL CGI (at least have both). Hopefully this isn't forever (or that they find a way to make CGI movies that look more like traditionally animated movies).

I think they could easily make computer animated movies that looked hand drawn, but they probably don't believe there is a market for that. Some movies would work great in black and white but it would be hard to get an audience for them.

twebber55

Raven, ever try Lares on Pico in Santa Monica? We used to enjoy their excellent Carnitas before moving from Marina del Rey to Denver.

I definitely miss having an In-N-Out or a Baja Fresh on just about every street corner.
had baja fresh once in LA...loved it

Californian Elitist

Raven, ever try Lares on Pico in Santa Monica? We used to enjoy their excellent Carnitas before moving from Marina del Rey to Denver.

I definitely miss having an In-N-Out or a Baja Fresh on just about every street corner.

No, I don't believe I have. Thanks for the suggestion! Mexican is my favorite so never hesitate to refer me to good Mexican spots.;)

I don't know what is do without In-N-Out. Probably cry like that woman in Texas did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom