Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFanDave

I like Five Guys fries just for the fact that they have malt vinegar right there as a condiment and I can drench the fries with it. Overall, In-N-Out's are better though. But since I live in Maine and Five Guys is nearby (finally) they get an up-vote for proximity to my stomach.

And coming soon to Brunswick, too. Feels like we've joined the world lately now that Five Guys and Chipotle made it to Maine in the last couple of years :)

Turtle

It doesn't matter if it's hand-drawn or CG the only thing that matters is the story as to which film is "better"

I'll make a really bad hand-drawn film and a beautiful CGI film. Is the latter worse just because it isn't "traditional"?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You really can't compare the kind of themed environments Legoland puts out to Disney or Universal. I think, that for Legoland, it looks good. That queue for the ride looks very nice. However; the floating mountain looks terrible. They should've just not that built that.

But we all know Disney should be very worried about Legoland ...... ;)

Legoland will be the wake up call.

I will be watching the next D23 convention closely. Heck, I might even go this time.

That is when I think we will hear something. Possibly.

Need a catchier phrase than Lego Swatter.

Turtle

You might wanna try again. You're comparing a technology to an art form.
Computer animation is an art-form just as much as hand-drawn animation is. Actually, CGI can bring more artistry than hand-drawn animation.

Look at the colors and beauty that Pixar brings in Wall-E, Toy Story 3, Ratatouille, Monsters University, Up and please tell me that it is not "art".

Turtle

I'm no longer sure what we're arguing here. I thought we were arguing hand-drawn animation vs. CGI.

Disney recently laid off most of its hand-drawn legends. We've lost "the quality of the line," as animators like to put it.
I guess you can say Paperman and that new technology is bringing the 'line' back

Turtle

Ok. But Disney just threw away an entire toolset. And it was a unique toolset, they being the only ones around who had it. And it was a trusty toolset, sturdy and reliable. And it was a beloved toolset, with a history of doing great work. And then one day, for no particular reason, this toolset was given the heave-ho.

No reason given, no reason at all! Not "It was outdated" or "The tools no longer could do the job" or "A new set so shiny and pretty came along and I just couldn't resist" but because...well, I guess we'll never know. Why, we cry, why would anybody reduce the kinds of work they can do, lessen the collective skills they can offer, by giving up such a toolset?
If I remember correctly Disney is making traditional animated series's and Mickey Mouse cartoons. So those tools were not killed.

Goofyernmost

Well, heavens...things change with time and technology. The cartoons that Walt made during the height of the companies success, were nothing like the black and white, silent flatline drawings, that were the norm earlier. I don't pretend to know what Walt would think, but from everything I have read about him, I would be totally surprised if he would not have embraced the new technology, possibly even created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom