Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles1812

A lot of guests who go to Disney don't like or want big coasters. Nothing wrong with such rides but they don't generally go with the overall spirit of Disney park's. At least to many guests.
And that's totally fine. I never said I thought that was wrong? Though you seem to have read it that way, and I have no idea why. My only point was that the Disney coasters are not "big" coasters. I like them a lot but they are pretty darn tame in all reality.

Also, I'd say many guests wouldn't mind Disney trying at least one "big" coaster. If done right, I think it could fit very well and keep with the "spirit" of the Disney parks. I don't think some exposed track would be the end of the world. The Crystal Peaks coaster is a very good example of something that could be done IMO. Feel like you are generalizing way way way too much with your statement there, especially given that the "thrill" rides are the most popular by and large. But that's the last I'll say.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Quite the opposite now. The past two years we've actually congratulated them on the cleanliness of the park, the landscaping, and the staff.

Apart from Cheetah Hunt load. I hope that's improved by the fall.

The MK should be half as clean as BGT, seriously. THe walkways looked amazing, no trash anywhere, no giant sticky areas on pavement, no using wood chips and saplings as landscaping. Staff seemed fine. Not exceptional, but fine.

Went on Cheetah Hunt three times and had no issues at load (although park wasn't crowded at all).

Nemo14

I kind of touched on this in another thread a while ago, but do you think that the average "tourist" in WDW really pays attention to all the theming, the transitions, and the little details, or is it all about the rides? I notice so many people just dashing from ride to ride, and I often wonder if they even "get" it. Just a rambling thought....

WDW1974

Original Poster
For me powdered soap is what they used to have in the bathrooms on trains when I was a kid - and these bathrooms where scary!!! :eek: So I am happy without any powdered soap!

It was that Pixie Dust soap that let me know I was at the place where dreams come true and magic lives and what will you celebrate during the two years of two million dreams and the happiest celebration on earth and celebrate the memories! Did I leave out MAGICal Gatherings too?!?!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Whenever I'm reminded that Avatar is opening *four* years from now, I just shake my head.

Damn, Disney. At least act like you're trying.

C'mon, it will only be SIX YEARS from announcement to opening. Who cares that it took them three to build EPCOT Center? Or that it takes UNI ONE year to open a major attraction?

The Emperor mAy be wearing a MAGIC Band that doesn't work, but he's also not wearing any clothes.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Yes it was. As was Skull Mountain, which was laughably bad. Two craptastic indoor coasters in the same park.

Great Adventure is just... Sigh. I liked a nice themed environment. Rides are fun but I want the whole package... I want to be immersed in the experience.

the.dreamfinder

There will be an increased Star Wars presence (too bad it isn't a real series like Star Trek). Too much conflicting info to say whether it will be a 'land' especially in a park that doesn't really have them anyway.
Speaking of Trek, did you get to see Into Darkness?

Cody5242

There will be an increased Star Wars presence (too bad it isn't a real series like Star Trek). Too much conflicting info to say whether it will be a 'land' especially in a park that doesn't really have them anyway.
I'm guessing you prefer Star Trek over Star Wars? Couldn't blame you after Into Darkness. I hope Universal creates a Star Trek attraction even though the new Paramount Park will have one

wdwfan4ver

I'm betting the presence includes more shops and dining, and maybe even a new meet n greet! (New ride? I wish!)
I have a hard time seeing mores shops at DHS for Star Wars since there is already Star Wars shop at DHS.

I do agree with the rest you typed though.

doctornick

I have a hard time seeing mores shops at DHS for Star Wars since there is already Star Wars shop at DHS.

Oh there's certainly the potential for additional merchandise space. They they could accommodate more unique offerings like "Carbon Freeze Me" in a permanent structure.

RSoxNo1

I believe there are 3 shops in Cars Land and that's selling items targeted at children. Star Wars items are targeted to both children and adults. There is no reason to believe that additional Star Wars shops wouldn't be profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom