Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.dreamfinder

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/sal...-john-krasinski-quvenzhane-wallis-and-others/

This could be exciting!

EXCLUSIVE: Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, John Krasinski, Frank Langella, Alfred Molina andQuvenzhané Wallis have all joined the voice cast of Khalil Gibran’s The Prophet, the animated feature film written and directed by Roger Allers, whose animation credits include directing Disney’s The Lion King and Open Season and whose writing and storyboard work encompasses such films as Aladdin, Beauty And The Beast, and The Little Mermaid. The film is being produced by Hayek, Clark Peterson, and Ron Senkowski. Participant Media and Doha Film Institute are financing and are exec producers.
Allers’ script was inspired by The Prophet, the iconic book that is one of the biggest sellers in history, north of 100 million copies in over 40 languages since it was first published by Alfred Knopf in 1923. Allers is directing the narrative story, while individual chapters based on Gibran’s poems are being helmed by animation directors from around the world, including Tomm Moore (The Secret Of Kells), Joan Gratz (Mona Lisa Descending A Staircase), Bill Plympton (Guard Dog And Your Face), Nina Paley (Sita Sings The Blues), Joann Sfar (The Rabbi’s Cat), Paul and Gaetan Brizzi (Fantasia 2000), Michal Socha (Chick) and Mohammed Harib (Freej).
The Prophet is on track for completion in spring of 2014.

Mouse Detective

Speaking of Disney films, has anyone spotted the Lone Ranger and Tonto up on Planet Hollywood?
DSCN3550.JPG

yeti

@WDW1974 You said that a speeder bike ride is the new e for Star Wars land. You also said that this would be a clone of Tron from Shanghai.

Would this be an indoor ride due to Florida weather?

I'm not WDW1974, but I can almost certify that the answer is yes.

The books are always better, but I think they did a very good job of making the movies as close to the books as they could get, except 5 which they gutted! Still a good movie but I think they cut the most out of that book!

Personally, the reason I generally dislike the Harry Potter movies--and why I don't think they'll carry a huge legacy- is for that very reason: they are all too similar to the books. I dropped out of reading HP after the dreadful Order of the Phoenix, and found the movies extremely hard to follow after I wasn't reading along with them. The films were destined to be so damaged because they were made so soon after the books were published, so the Potterheads could scrutinize any changes, and leave little room for originality. IMO, of course.

pheneix

The next stage of this I find more fascinating is how people have taken this to the next level and started associating themselves with blogs/websites that convey that Disney message. Like a Lou for example.

To a total outsider the Disney fan community is like looking at some warped real world representation of Cool Hand Luke. First off just being inside a Disney park is to be inside an uber strict fictionalized reality where a bunch of stupid rules exist you have to make reservations for rides and decide what you want to eat two weeks in advance. Then if you are invited to part of one of these podcaster or blogger brigades there is another set of crazy rules that the ringleader of the group and his/her posse imposes to maintain order in their own little community.

F'ing. Insane. I just want to go to a good theme park and ride some rides.

nytimez

To a total outsider the Disney fan community is like looking at some warped real world representation of Cool Hand Luke. First off just being inside a Disney park is to be inside an uber strict fictionalized reality where a bunch of stupid rules exist you have to make reservations for rides and decide what you want to eat two weeks in advance. Then if you are invited to part of one of these podcaster or blogger brigades there is another set of crazy rules that the ringleader of the group and his/her posse imposes to maintain order in their own little community.

F'ing. Insane. I just want to go to a good theme park and ride some rides.

Caught going to Universal, spend a night in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom