Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I'm not brave when it comes to trying new food items, either. Me and the kids - we like what we like. We're afraid to order something we might not like because then we won't eat it and will be hungry. So we order what we know and love. And if we don't know what it is, we don't want it...because it might suck. I'm so with the kids on food, lol.
And at those prices, I'd prefer that I didn't waste my money on something they won't eat either!

Reactions: luv

PhotoDave219

So, in the case of the Haunted Mansion, does the addition of FP+ to the ride mean that all standby traffic will be forcibly routed through the graveyard 'enhancement'? If so, that's reason enough to be cranky about FP+.

Correct. The standby line is forced through the extended queue.

Nubs70

I can only see potential cost savings over the long term thru labor scheduling and park hours based on the reservations as well as the database theyre creating on how people behave in a theme park. (Attractions they like, time spent here and there, etc) and maximize cost savings.

I cant actually see it generating revenue in and of its own....
By income, it be a combination of cost savings and new sales. Either way NGE needs to expand operating income by $600MM for five years staight.
That final sentence says it all. There are many things that COULD happen and under the proper conditions WILL HAPPEN, however without the proper alignment and purpose it MAYBE not be true. The final two parts of that are crucial to any COULD discussion. The final two parts are what have been missing in a lot of this discussion.
The final two parts are always implied in any hypothetical discussion.

danv3

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-mymagic-concerns-20130817,0,2906691.story

Best part of this article:

To be sure, there are many Disney fans who are enthusiastic about MyMagic+. And Disney says that group is growing: The company said its most recent monitoring of social-media channels found overall sentiment about the program was about 80 percent positive — and just 2 percent negative — compared with a reaction that was predominantly neutral before widespread testing began.

Eighty percent positive? LOL. Maybe on the official parks blog comments.

Last edited:

Mr Bill

luv

So, in the case of the Haunted Mansion, does the addition of FP+ to the ride mean that all standby traffic will be forcibly routed through the graveyard 'enhancement'? If so, that's reason enough to be cranky about FP+.
Not "will be". It is in effect. The cemetery is stand-by and the other side is FP.

CDavid

Looks like Jason Garcia filed his mm+ story-saw a few familiar names...

To be sure, there are many Disney fans who are enthusiastic about MyMagic+. And Disney says that group is growing: The company said its most recent monitoring of social-media channels found overall sentiment about the program was about 80 percent positive — and just 2 percent negative — compared with a reaction that was predominantly neutral before widespread testing began.

I'd be really curious to know what social-media channels Disney monitored to come up with that 80%...

Lee

Adventurer
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-mymagic-concerns-20130817,0,2906691.story

Best part of this article:

Eighty percent positive? LOL.
Eighty percent positive on social media?
That's...wow...entirely false and disingenuous.

Goofyernmost

Correct. The standby line is forced through the extended queue.
If that isn't a glass half empty statement I never heard one. Maybe to some people the extended queue is a reward for not having a FPP. I kinda enjoy playing with the stuff myself, pushing the buttons, touching the whatsits, listening to the whosits. But then again, my glass is half full! I smell the roses...others can't get near them without attracting the thorns so they must rush on by. ;):arghh::joyfull:

Goofyernmost

By income, it be a combination of cost savings and new sales. Either way NGE needs to expand operating income by $600MM for five years staight.

The final two parts are always implied in any hypothetical discussion.
Not if they are not presented as a hypothetical but instead are presented as fact. No implication at all.

If, and it is a big IF, they ever get it to function as planned, they will make their money back and much, much more in selling their software to other theme parks. They didn't spend that much money just so you could wave your arm in front of a metal post. Now, since we are having a discussion about Could, Will and Maybe not, it should be noted that I am expressing how I think this is going to come down...no facts, secret documents, this person told me's or anything other then that is what I think will come of it. But first, they have to get it to work...otherwise, I'd bet that there really will be a number of reduced bonuses this year.

Last edited:

luv

If that isn't a glass half empty statement I never heard one. Maybe to some people the extended queue is a reward for not having a FPP. I kinda enjoy playing with the stuff myself, pushing the buttons, touching the whatsits, listening to the whosits. But then again, my glass is half full! I smell the roses...others can't get near them without attracting the thorns so they must rush on by. ;):arghh::joyfull:
I didn't read it with any tone. He was answering the question. Stand-by is forced through the cemetery. Whether you like the place you are forced to doesn't change the fact that you're forced there.

I was forced to eat veggies as a kid. When that meant potatoes or corn, yay! I was forced to eat something I liked. When it was broccoli...well, that was another story, which my parents do not come off well in, when I tell it. Best not to speak I'll of the dead, so I'll leave that there. ;) But in both cases, I was forced to eat the veggies.

Mr Bill

I'm sure they had a great sample of data for that 80% figure. You take one tweet from the DisneyParks Twitter account, throw in the extra four copies of the same tweet that WaltDisneyWorld, Disneyland and all the other accounts will send out. Five positive reactions right there.

Now you head over to Facebook and go to the Disney Parks, Disneyland and Walt Disney World pages. Each of those will probably have an update with the same content that was on Twitter. Just sort through the comments on those posts once the page moderator has deleted all the negative ones and now you've got a pretty large sample of social media feedback.

Then there's the Parks Blog which didn't approve any negative comments to begin with, so throw those in too and you've got even more positive reactions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom