Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatDen

I didn't know this was a steak competition. I haven't personally had steak from Mythos, as I am not the hugest fan of steak anyways. HOWEVER, the cream of mushroom soup appetizer, followed by the Pad Thai was a meal to die for. I am also a massive fan of the decor/theming/architecture of Mythos.

Maybe you can get steak from Mythos and let me know how it is?
If I do go, I will let you know. When I decide to go to a 'nice' place with variety the whole family can choose I , oops, well, there it is. Mythos had nothing, absolutely nothing on their menu my kids would touch. I wanted to try it based on what I had heard. Mushroom soup, might as well be a cup of rat pi$$. Pad Thai, it they cannot pronounce it, they are not going to eat it. Good, bad or indifferent, my best meal, while on the Dining Plan in 2007, was at the Brown Derby and there was something there the whole family could eat. Now, if you really want to get down to it, the Chick fil-A at King's Island was better than any meal I had at UNI, so was the LaRosa's. Hell, even the Graeter's was better than anything I ate at UNI. I doubt many people go to UNI for the food. . .

BryceM

Pad Thai, it they cannot pronounce it, they are not going to eat it.
I'm glad this helped determine if it was good or not. Why order it and try it, when you know it won't taste good if your kids can't pronounce it! And there's many more things on the menu than the two things I mentioned. And how do you know what "rat pi$$" tastes like? I'm curious.

Your kids don't touch chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, ravioli, or cheese pizza? These items are all on the kids menu at Mythos. If they were brave, they could venture out to the other options on the menu. I've had plenty of good food at Disney, and I've had plenty of good food at Universal. Though the counter service at both is lackluster. But I would still rate Disney's counter service above Universal's, except for a few rare good counter service locations at Universal.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm glad this helped determine if it was good or not. Why order it and try it, when you know it won't taste good if your kids can't pronounce it! And there's many more things on the menu than the two things I mentioned. And how do you know what "rat pi$$" tastes like? I'm curious.

Quoted for truth. Every time anyone says they won't eat it if they can't pronounce it, a fairy drops dead.

WildcatDen

Your kids don't touch chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, ravioli, or cheese pizza? These items are all on the kids menu at Mythos. If they were brave, they could venture out to the other options on the menu.

. . I walked up to the door at the posted menu. As I said, I had heard good things about it. The posted menu was brief and did not contain anything the kids would eat. Did we ask further questions, nope. It was raining. Oh, and I said it might as well be rat pi$$ not it was better or worse than, Einstein. Simply put, if Rat Pi$$ was on the menu, would you "Venture out to the other option?"

Theme park food, in most cases, is a necessary evil. That crap they served at the 50's diner at USF was the worst chicken I have EVER had. Made a McNugget look like 5-Star cuisine. I applaud KI for having Chick fil-A, LaRosa's, Skyline, and Subway in their park. Sure, it is safe and maybe boring, but it is succesful.

Last edited by a moderator:

BryceM

OK genius. You evidently have your finger on the pulse, up up your . . . I walked up to the door at the posted menu. As I said, I had heard good things about it. The posted menu was brief and did not contain anything the kids would eat. Did we ask further questions, nope. It was raining. Oh, and I said it might as well be rat pi$$ not it was better or worse than, Einstein. Simply put, if Rat Pi$$ was on the menu, would you "Venture out to the other option?"

Theme park food, in most cases, is a necessary evil. That crap they served at the 50's diner at USF was the worst chicken I have EVER had. Made a McNugget look like 5-Star cuisine. I applaud KI for having Chick fil-A, LaRosa's, Skyline, and Subway in their park. Sure, it is safe and maybe boring, but it is succesful.
Wow! You're a charmer.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

A thought on the meaning of COULD, Will Happen and Maybe:

COULD is the basis for invention, driven by WILL HAPPEN but tempered with possibility it MAYBE not be true.
That final sentence says it all. There are many things that COULD happen and under the proper conditions WILL HAPPEN, however without the proper alignment and purpose it MAYBE not be true. The final two parts of that are crucial to any COULD discussion. The final two parts are what have been missing in a lot of this discussion.

BryceM

You take shots at my kids, even veiled shots, and I am not a Nice guy.

On a side note, I still want to try Mythos next tim we go to UNI.
For the record, I did not take personal shots at your kids. I don't know your kids and I am not the kind of person to do that. I'm sorry if it came off that way to you, but it wasn't intended to be like that. I just refuted your statement that the soup tastes like rat pi$$ and you've had a better dining experience at a Kings Island restaurant, just because there wasn't enough for your kids.

And I was never arguing that Universal's counter service was amazing. Because it isn't.

Last edited:

WildcatDen

Understood, so the "If they were brave?" comment was not directed at my kids? By they, I suppose you meant Mythos? And you asked how I knew rat pi$$ was better than cream of mushroom, or maybe I read that wrong as well. I suppose you cannot convey tone in e-mail, but it sure came off that way. If you are going to say it, own it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Understood, so the "If they were brave?" comment was not directed at my kids? By they, I suppose you meant Mythos? And you asked how I knew rat pi$$ was better than cream of mushroom, or maybe I read that wrong as well. I suppose you cannot convey tone in e-mail, but it sure came off that way. If you are going to say it, own it.
I read it as more of "If kids were brave..." a generality... as most kids are picky eaters by nature.

PhotoDave219

Cost yes, food quality I have to give it to the Derby. I know the Derby isn't as good as it once was, but it's still a Damn good restaurant

IMHO of course lol

The Brown Derby is horrifically over-priced. Decent food but Generally not my fare for theme park touring.

I enjoy the Cobb Salad.

I would not compare it to Mythos; The fancy restaurant in what was near Jaws seems to be a better price level comparison.

Lee

Adventurer
You take shots at my kids, even veiled shots, and I am not a Nice guy.
Nobody took a shot. He merely stated that traditional kids items are clearly on the menu (see below), and if the kids "felt brave" they could order from the full menu. That isn't a shot.

On a side note, I still want to try Mythos next time we go to UNI.
Do. It's awesome in every way.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom