Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

The Brown Derby is horrifically over-priced. Decent food but Generally not my fare for theme park touring.

I enjoy the Cobb Salad.

I would not compare it to Mythos; The fancy restaurant in what was near Jaws seems to be a better price level comparison.

Overpriced is right, and the cobb salad has been moved to the appetizer menu. The servers get ticked if thats all you order,,,,the regular menu is close to 40 bucks an item which at lunch is ridiculous!!! Same goes for Canada.

djlaosc

Nobody took a shot. He merely stated that traditional kids items are clearly on the menu (see below), and if the kids "felt brave" they could order from the full menu. That isn't a shot.

Do. It's awesome in every way.
View attachment 29972

Can you do that in reverse as well? (Adults ordering from the childrens' menu?)
Would they just give you a bigger portion?

BryceM

Understood, so the "If they were brave?" comment was not directed at my kids? By they, I suppose you meant Mythos? And you asked how I knew rat pi$$ was better than cream of mushroom, or maybe I read that wrong as well. I suppose you cannot convey tone in e-mail, but it sure came off that way. If you are going to say it, own it.
No, I was just literally stating that if they were brave they could try other things, but if they weren't so brave, then they have more traditional options on the menu to pick from. The statement was not a shot at your kids...

I have younger siblings (an 8 year old girl and a 4 year old girl) and I know how picky that they can get. Especially girls. They won't even touch some things.

ParentsOf4

I've ordered from the kids menu at restaurants before... But not at the one in current discussion. I'd imagine you could...
The last time I brought my kids, Mythos has a kid's menu of standard food (e.g. burger, pizza, chicken, etc.) that was freshly made at the restaurant, but that was a few years ago. As I recall, they don't post the kid's menu which might cause some to think they don't have one.

luv

I guess that makes sense. You know you'll be back soon so you don't have to ride everything every visit. What about a ride like TSMM or Soarin? Those always seem to have 60 minute+ waits.
I was happy to read Dave's response.

I'm local, too, and have not personally cared very much about losing FPs.

I don't like TSMM and couldn't care less if I never rode it again. But, just like Soarin, the lines are pretty short if you ride it early or late. I've also been on all the popular rides so many, many times that they aren't really much more appealing than the Tiki Birds or Maelstrom.

While I do, occasionally, grab a FP for Soarin, Space or Test Track, I could live without the FPs.

The think that irks me is that they're making lines longer. I don't want to have to wait longer for Haunted Mansion, but now I do. Because they're making all the stand-by lines longer, I really don't like FPP (I'm done putting a + sign in, starting now, and will be putting two Ps on it. I'm a rebel like that.)

Since people will now have to wait longer for the rides that they didn't get a FP for, I don't even think the three FPs will save anyone much, if any, time. But we will see when it all rolls out and the statisticians figure it all out. I'm betting that, overall, we will all wait the same amount of time, if not more.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The think that irks me is that they're making lines longer. I don't want to have to wait longer for Haunted Mansion, but now I do. Because they're making all the stand-by lines longer, I really don't like FPP (I'm done putting a + sign in, starting now, and will be putting two Ps on it. I'm a rebel like that.)

Since people will now have to wait longer for the rides that they didn't get a FP for, I don't even think the three FPs will save anyone much, if any, time. But we will see when it all rolls out and the statisticians figure it all out. I'm betting that, overall, we will all wait the same amount of time, if not more.
I like that a whole lot! FPP FPP FPP

Reactions: luv

GiveMeTheMusic

That there were a bunch of fairies....
RuPaul-s-Drag-U-rupauls-drag-race-19894282-1280-853.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was happy to read Dave's response.

I'm local, too, and have not personally cared very much about losing FPs.

I don't like TSMM and couldn't care less if I never rode it again. But, just like Soarin, the lines are pretty short if you ride it early or late. I've also been on all the popular rides so many, many times that they aren't really much more appealing than the Tiki Birds or Maelstrom.

While I do, occasionally, grab a FP for Soarin, Space or Test Track, I could live without the FPs.

Good points. I don't want to see standby lines increase either. I know the common theory going is that the addition of fast pass at rides like Pirates and HM will do just that. Depending on the time of year those rides have virtually no wait since they load so fast so it probably won't move the needle. I see this as a bigger issue during very busy times when the MK is stretched to capacity. The reserved spots for parades and fireworks could also add to standby lines since people who would be standing on a curb lined up 2 hours prior to the parade will now be riding rides.

luv

You take shots at my kids, even veiled shots, and I am not a Nice guy.

On a side note, I still want to try Mythos next time we go to UNI.
He wasn't taking a shot at anyone. He was saying that there are plenty of traditional kid-pick items on the menu and that kids who are brave (adventurous, as it relates to food) can order from the regular menu.

Most kids are not brave or adventurous when it comes to food. Stating as much isn't an insult.

I'm not brave when it comes to trying new food items, either. Me and the kids - we like what we like. We're afraid to order something we might not like because then we won't eat it and will be hungry. So we order what we know and love. And if we don't know what it is, we don't want it...because it might suck. I'm so with the kids on food, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom