Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDavid

Well, you wondered how WDI could build an E-Ticket for 'only' $100 million? SImple. You do know where those Body Wars sims are going to be used, right?

Those Body Wars sims? The ones that were rumored to have been reduced to pretty much scrap metal and thus never again usable in any form? For Walt Disney World that is - but they'll (magically?) work again if transported around the globe? So, was the whole "dismantled simulators" line just spin to help justify shuttering a pavilion, or did someone have to write a big enough check to get them rebuilt? Suddenly I wish they'd wanted SpectroMagic, too.

They get our simulators, we get an empty pavilion. I know that makes sense to TDO - and nobody else.

Absimilliard

Spirited Wonderland Musings:

Well, you wondered how WDI could build an E-Ticket for 'only' $100 million? SImple. You do know where those Body Wars sims are going to be used, right?

Well, well, I mentioned all the way back in 2006-2007 to a few friends Disney should ship those 4 sims to HKDL for their own version of Star Tours. Seems like I wasn't the only one with that idea...

Speaking of HKDL, if Autopia do remain at DL, not converting it to the electric HKDL cars would be a shame.

PhotoDave219

It shouldn't be tested by anyone except who it is meant for. Period.

It would be akin to me driving around with a handicapped parking pass or wearing a fat suit.

It helps the bloggers and their tiny audiences.

I wouldnt worry about it in this case....

Nemo14

OK, I admit it ... I am speechless.

Mental health and the Disney fan community would be a NYT best seller compared to some of these 'books'.

It's actually a joke.....
paranoid.gif

WDW1974

Original Poster
For those who are talking about the new TV Season and S.H.I.E.L.D, it has just received its back 9...

So, at the moment...

RENEWED FOR SEASON 2:
Sleepy Hollow

RECEIVED A BACK 9 (22 EPISODES):
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Blacklist

CANCELLED:
Lucky 7 (replaced by Scandal repeats)
We Are Men (2 Broke Girls moves forward 30 minutes, Mike & Molly starts in November)

No real surprises there thus far.

I'll say that the Gay Wonderland's first 10 minutes are more engrossing than the first three hours of SHIELD.

misterID

For the record, I wouldn't be against a Mulan ride.

I don't know how they can justify not having an incredibly popular INDY ride that has proven to have legs, but they will build a flash in the pan, mediocre American Idol attraction, which took the place of another flash in the pan game show before it.

I will say some of the AI girls at DHS who try to get people to sign up for the stupid show are pretty cute.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So I guess it will be not quite "unlike anything you've ever seen before" and "different from anything anywhere," eh?
As in:

...Oh, and Spirit, I do hope you got to watch the Mommy Blogger's video meltdowns - including tears on demand when speaking to a cast member - before they were pulled off the YouTube machine...

Nope. Been busy with the real world ... and I am planning on hanging out in City Hall and around Guest Relations on my upcoming visit to just 'observe' ...

Still, anyone got an answer on RapidFill at the deluxe resorts? I'd really like to steal me some Coke if I can one last time ...

spaceghost

Spirited Wonderland Musings:

I might just want to be @WDWFigment when I grow up. Law degree. Job for life. Hot wife. One weekend at WDW. The next weekend at DLR. The next weekend at Arcadia National Park in Maine, breaking and entering I might add. ...It is only a matter of time before 5 a.m. pics in HKDL wind up on the DPB.

That's Acadia, BTW - not Arcadia. And it is quite beautiful. Did not know that Mr. Bricker was up this way...

As for the autism stuff...that is a fine line. As the parent of 2 special needs kids (who I have not and would not get a GAC for), it is a touchy subject.

WDW1974

Original Poster

I don't know how they can justify not having an incredibly popular INDY ride that has proven to have legs, but they will build a flash in the pan, mediocre American Idol attraction, which took the place of another flash in the pan game show before it.

I will say some of the AI girls at DHS who try to get people to sign up for the stupid show are pretty cute.

While Idol is in the death spiral on FOX (although it could be a force again), Freemantle paid for almost the entire attraction. It was a no-brainer for Disney. And while I do not like that type of show, it is well done.

The Empress Lilly

Three worst?

MK;
DAK;
EPCOT?

What about DLP and DSP and TPFKaTD-MGMS?
I meant worst run resorts! DLP, WDW and DL. Three worst parks are DSP, DAK, and, well the other parks have their redeeming features.
Yeah, but it still is just an upgraded ST.
I'm tempted to say 'yes, us theme park Gods deduced that from only the tiny snippet of artwork that was released', but people might jump on us for being weak and never having visited HKDL. :happy:

WDW1974

Original Poster
That's Acadia, BTW - not Arcadia. And it is quite beautiful. Did not know that Mr. Bricker was up this way...

As for the autism stuff...that is a fine line. As the parent of 2 special needs kids (who I have not and would not get a GAC for), it is a touchy subject.

Yep. Typo. Thanks. Fixed. ... and while I have spent many a day in Maine, I have never visited Acadia.

I understand the autism deal can be a fine line ... but it is also a line that has been crossed far too often (both in weak diagnosis' by docs and by parents who actually want the label on their child ... and enjoy special treatment at WDW as an aside).

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm tempted to say 'yes, us theme park Gods deduced that from only the tiny snippet of artwork that was released', but people might jump on us for being weak and never having visited HKDL. :happy:

Well, there is no substitute for experience and perspective. So, those American (or European) fanbois who blather and bash on HKDL without ever setting foot in it have worthless opinions to me.

And while this will be little more than ST:TNG, I don't feel there's anything wrong with that. I am no SW fanboi ... yet, I'd say that the best thing added in the last 5-6 years at WDW is ST 2.0 ... by far.

This will take that experience to another level, so I fail to see how that is bad.

Bairstow

As others have said, my understanding is that the Body Wars simulators were cannibalized years ago to keep the various Star Tours attractions running.

Probably because:
1. They already had 1 Indiana Jones attraction.
2. The cost of building such a ride exceeds several times over the cost of outfitting the theaters for the game shows.
3. Until recently Disney would have to license any such ride from Lucasfilm.
4. At the time, either game show was a much hotter property than a 30-year old film franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom