Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhall

Why do I feel like I am playing with myself here?

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Are all you fanbois finishing your Tuesday night Domino's special so you can watch the dull as paint drying S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Gonna catch it on DVR in a bit -- just catching up on the day's threads, given that there appeared to have been news today. Joss' shows usually start a little slow.

Megalodumb

I just love the people who flush the toilet with their foot, spend 10 mins. washing their hands, kick the bathroom door open, slather themselves with Purell, and then immediately touch the queue rails that the snot encrusted 5 year old 10 feet in front of them was just French kissing.
Not to mention some people who need a more efficient belt (or higher-riding pants) leaning against the queue rail. (Just use your imagination).

WDW1974

Original Poster
back to Iron Man at HKDL ...when it opens, it will be the third E-Ticket (all unique in one park) in five years time.

The last three E-Tickets to open at WDW would be EE (2006), Soarin (2005) and MS (2003) prior to that you'd have go go waaay back to the 20tu century and KRR and RnRC in 1999.

It is about to be 2014 ... Four terribly stale parks, last major attraction opened eight years ago.

Megalodumb

back to Iron Man at HKDL ...when it opens, it will be the third E-Ticket (all unique in one park) in five years time.

The last three E-Tickets to open at WDW would be EE (2006), Soarin (2005) and MS (2003) prior to that you'd have go go waaay back to the 20tu century and KRR and RnRC in 1999.

It is about to be 2014 ... Four terribly stale parks, last major attraction opened eight years ago.
But at least we trump the other destinations when it comes to weekly M&G announcements.

Disneyhead'71

There is a park in Orlando that is going to open 3 E-Tickets in a 12 month span.

the.dreamfinder

It is wishful thinking.

it may not open until WDW is charging $200 a day, but they would not have done the awkward dog and pony show at D23 if they were shelving it.
Only reason.
BobIgerHWOFJune2013.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, at the risk of bringing Mrs. Ricky back (when it comes to wives, I'll take, or borrow, Mrs. Lee), did you see that the Celebration Place gang leaked Tom Staggs DPB post on the HKDL expansion (that they well could have written) to Ricky last night?

Does that seem right to y'all?

lazyboy97o

Here is the thing. The theme for the HK Iron Man attraction does not matter. For the most part guests who visit do not know it is (based on concept art) a clone of Star Tours. THey are not fully aware of the immersive theming Disney is capable of executing. To them it is a new "exciting" ride. This ride will probably never be cloned at any US Disney theme park (or Tokyo). They see it as new exciting eye candy while we see it as a boring and poorly themed clone. This is actually good for HKDL even though it is not what it could or should be.

I am willing to bet that Disney is not paying for this and if they are it is a small percentage.

Next.
Disney has already tried and failed with this strategy in Hong Kong.

Nubs70

'Cause reading your monologue is waaaay more interesting than the previous pages of Dyson vs Xcelerator hand dryers.
And for the record, I own a Dyson vacuum, for which I paid $800.

We now return to your regular scheduled programming.
It's your thread, Spirit. Take it away.
And I would like to one up you.
I own 2 Dyson animals. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. With a Husky, Great Pyrenees, St. Bernard, and a Newfoundland, it is an awesome vacuum.

kittybubbles

But Disney did make a big announcement today, well they submitted a filing with the SEC, that they will no longer offer stock certificates in paper form....

Clever Name

But Disney did make a big announcement today, well they submitted a filing with the SEC, that they will no longer offer stock certificates in paper form....
That's going to kill all the companies that sell the "one share" certificates. I still have one of my Pixar shares in a frame.

the.dreamfinder

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business...ust-shut-down-100-employees-let-go-89480.html
Just three years after it opened, Pixar Canada shut down today leaving over one hundred people unemployed, according to the Province. A Disney spokesperson, Barb Matheson, said that, “A decision was made to refocus operations and resources under the one roof. Staff were just told today. Not great news, obviously. It was just a refocussing of efforts and resources to the one facility.”

The studio, which worked primarily on shorts based on existing Pixar IP, had created films like Air Mater, Small Fry, and Partysaurus Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom