Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
In terms of the info on Miceage with Star Wars, I think the Tokyo D23 is going to shed some light on it since Bob Iger and Thomas Staggs will be there this weekend. I know the Tokyo D23 is from October 12th October 14th. If there is WDW stuff for Star Wars, I wouldn't be shocked if it is going to announced at the same time as Disneyland's and Tokyo Disneyland is going to be.

I dunno. I have the feeling you are only going to hear about OLC things. Maybe they'll surprise with a DCL announcement, but I would not hold my breath.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Relax. Take a deep breath. Star wars is coming to both CA and FL, and I would be shocked if it weren't announced at the same time and built on a similar timeline.

Will we see Star Wars in WDW before Avatarland? Speaking of Avatarland, any developments or is it still on life support?

Also, anything else noteworthy that will come out of Tokyo D23 that hasn't been discussed yet?

EDIT: just read your post above about Tokyo D23.

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Why do I feel like I am playing with myself here?

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Are all you fanbois finishing your Tuesday night Domino's special so you can watch the dull as paint drying S.H.I.E.L.D.?
'Cause reading your monologue is waaaay more interesting than the previous pages of Dyson vs Xcelerator hand dryers.
And for the record, I own a Dyson vacuum, for which I paid $800.

We now return to your regular scheduled programming.
It's your thread, Spirit. Take it away.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's definitely mediocre concept art, that's for sure. I was hoping for a bit beyond Star Tours 3.0, but never the less it is a very good attraction that would compliment HKDL nicely and is not a retread of what's already available at Tokyo.

Spirit, if they didn't want clones, why include Toy Story play land in the first place at all?

TSL was sorta part of a compromise, something cheap that added capacity, so they could do Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point.

I have no real issue with it if is well landscaped so it isn't obvious everywhere (I was last there a few months before it opened). Realize that it basically is replacing a value engineered Toontown that was on the original plans. I don't feel that would have been much better at all.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'll just claim you all to myself. ;)

Should we expect exciting things out of Tokyo this weekend?

I find it better to expect nothing and then not be disappointed.

The dialog on SHIELD is dreadful ...makes talking with @Lee seem intellectual by comparison.

the.dreamfinder

I would disagree with that. Hong Kong is one of the most cosmopolitan cities anywhere. And the park is quite immersive and detailed and getting more so all of the time. I think folks are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on one piece of artwork.

As to it appearing elsewhere, I don't think it will. The SAR has made it very clear that they want unique attractions and I am thrilled. You have no idea how badly Disney has tried to foist TSMM on them.
Too bad they couldn't foist the KUKA Iron Man ride originally slated for DL's innoventions building on them. Any news on MK's mentally ill/SM house?
EDIT: I was referring to the rumored MK Club 33

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Will we see Star Wars in WDW before Avatarland? Speaking of Avatarland, any developments or is it still on life support?

Also, anything else noteworthy that will come out of Tokyo D23 that hasn't been discussed yet?

EDIT: just read your post above about Toky D23.

They escaped another fiscal year. They still haven't started any construction. They still haven't released one lousy piece of artwork. Yet, they keep claiming that it is happening. Too bad @Tim_4 got his feathers ruffled and fled the kingdom or else I am sure he would tell us everything is fine and they planned to announce this 25 months ago and then do absolutely nothing.

Tom Morrow

Of course, @KevinYee had a nice start (don't feel it was a complete effort) today on lack of civility in the Disney fan community. I liked his comparing what he sees to the partisan crap (we really are a nation as divided as we have ever been in the modern era) of politics. Look, we post on a site that is afraid to have the smallest mention of anything political, even when it is pertinent to the Mouse. You can't post about the GAC beccoming something that isn't a kid with a peanut allergy means six people can cut lines and ride as much as they please card because many folks lack the intellectual capacity to debate/argue like adults.
Yep, and because of this mentality, it seems Disney is backpeddling the strict rules they had developed for the DAS program due to receiving backlash from the self-entitled guests. If they're already backpeddling, its only a matter of time before the DAS is just as exploited as the GAC and we're right back where we started.

Enjoy your grossly inflated lines, everyone, because certain people were unable to accept that perhaps they are not special and do not NEED a FOTL pass so they can ride 10 times while everyone else rides once. Because some people can't grasp that, NO, perhaps WDW isn't for everyone and its completely unreasonable to expect to be able to go to the busiest theme park in the world and ride everything in three hours because "we need to!"

Sigh.

CDavid

They escaped another fiscal year. They still haven't started any construction. They still haven't released one lousy piece of artwork. Yet, they keep claiming that it is happening. Too bad @Tim_4 got his feathers ruffled and fled the kingdom or else I am sure he would tell us everything is fine and they planned to announce this 25 months ago and then do absolutely nothing.

I just can't help but wonder if that where Avatar is concerned, no news is good news. I so hope that's not just wishful thinking.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yep, and because of this mentality, it seems Disney is backpeddling the strict rules they had developed for the DAS program due to receiving backlash from the self-entitled guests. If they're already backpeddling, its only a matter of time before the DAS is just as exploited as the GAC and we're right back where we started.

Enjoy your grossly inflated lines, everyone, because certain people were unable to accept that perhaps they are not special and do not NEED a FOTL pass so they can ride 10 times while everyone else rides once. Because some people can't grasp that, NO, perhaps WDW isn't for everyone and its completely unreasonable to expect to be able to go to the busiest theme park in the world and ride everything in three hours because "we need to!"

Sigh.

I would hope not, but the autism mommy bloggers are powerful. I have heard they can make Crazy Gary cry.

It's bizarre because when I was a child (70s and 80s)I do not recall ever even hearing that term. Of course, back then it was OK to call someone retarded (and not simply if they were a Pats fan). ...Now, it seems that autism covers everything from a violent child to one with difficulty learning to one who is OCD.

But if your child must ride Splash Mountain 17 times in a row without waiting, then I would suggest either not going or renting out the park.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I just can't help but wonder if that where Avatar is concerned, no news is good news. I so hope that's not just wishful thinking.

It is wishful thinking.

it may not open until WDW is charging $200 a day, but they would not have done the awkward dog and pony show at D23 if they were shelving it.

dhall

According to Miceage this morning, both! They claim the plan is to rip out Autopia and put an outdoor speeder bike ride on that land that races through endor.

Also they are reporting the Astro Orbiter will be relocated from the hub and placed on the Space Mountain Concourse and the Millenium Falcon will go on the old People Mover platform with a meet and greet location inside.

So if this is true it looks like DL's Tomorrowland will be turned into Star Wars land plus Space Mountain.

So, in other words, most of Tomorrowland will have taken place a long time ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom