Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animaniac93-98

Having seen that video, you'd have to be pretty dense not to know Mya is a fake, her delivery was more mean than anything else IMO. However, if she scares away the bloggers, more power to her and her 80s lifestyle that somehow includes social networking. o_O

Funmeister

So I watched the video....it is sad.

It immediately reminded me and gave me flashbacks of WDW hosted Official Disneyana events years ago. What is really a shame is that the California Grill is now a flip flop and t-shirt restaurant like the rest of 'em. I dined at Citricos a few months ago and it was amazing how the ambiance was destroyed compared to what it used to be.

DIsney is in a tight spot with the blogging community...opened a Pandora's Box so to speak. If they ever cut back on freebies or cut them out all together...they will use their good for evil.

On a side note...have any of them ever had an alcoholic beverage before? It was like an uncomfortable teenage party where people are getting "drunk" on Strawberry Hill trying to get to first base with a mouse. Sad...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why should Disney care if they scorn these people?

If you advocate they have no real reach or following... then if they got in a hissy fit then no one would hear them anyways!

It can't be both ways...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
you can't even compare mermaid to disney's own dark rides in the same park that are 40+ years older, no less E.T.

No you can't I call it the plastic fish on a stick ride, even the LIGHTING SUCKS at least it did when I was there it was like room was floodlit with construction lights

Goofyernmost

I don't understand the overwhelming fascination with these people - what they wear, what they eat, what they do, what they're given.

???
I do so have to agree with that. What the hell? They are doing what anyone of us would do if given the opportunity. Getting free food, drink and a location that how many people a year try to get to be able to observe the Fireworks. To comment on what they wear, how they look, oh, and the ever popular obesity issue is something that gives me wonder. It really does sound pretty shallow to me.

Goofyernmost

I did and wondered what alternate universe the commercials were filmed in...
Again, what is the idea that Walmart meat isn't any good come from? Is it a desire to justify the hatred of the evil old company? I've had $49 steaks and I have had Walmart steaks. In both cases, some have been good and some have been less then ideal. It has never been a point of impression to think that paying $49 dollars for a $12 steak is something to strive for.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I do so have to agree with that. What the hell? They are doing what anyone of us would do if given the opportunity. Getting free food, drink and a location that how many people a year try to get to be able to observe the Fireworks. To comment on what they wear, how they look, oh, and the ever popular obesity issue is something that gives me wonder. It really does sound pretty shallow to me.

Your point does have merit however to see these people being mocked by Deevee See and to not have them even realize they were being insulted it was just too painful to watch. It was like watching someone abusing cute animals and not being able to do anything about it. It was just cruel I can't really find words for it.

However I do stand by my assertion if you are going to a fine restaurant you should honor yourself and the establishment by dressing up, At least a collared shirt, leather shoes and no shorts.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Too bad Disney didn't invite
Zach_Galifianakis.jpg

That would have been a worthy video to watch... Zach mocks the blogger brigade

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Again, what is the idea that Walmart meat isn't any good come from? Is it a desire to justify the hatred of the evil old company? I've had $49 steaks and I have had Walmart steaks. In both cases, some have been good and some have been less then ideal. It has never been a point of impression to think that paying $49 dollars for a $12 steak is something to strive for.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!

Out of necessity I frequently shop at the Walmart Supercenter because it's the only grocery store open after 8PM up here and I've purchased a fair amount of their meat and it is of much lower quality than the other grocery chains even though it costs just about what everyone else charges. Walmart's policy of insisting on lowest supplier prices always reinforces the iron law of economics 'You get what you pay for'

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't understand the overwhelming fascination with these people - what they wear, what they eat, what they do, what they're given.

???

I don't get it either. I also don't get Honey Boo Boo, the kardashians or the Royal Family in England. People just seem to be fascinated with what random people they have never met do. I'm not even really that interested in what people I do know wear and eat and do.

John

There are hundreds, if not thousands of WDW websites. Most of them do not have any significant traffic however.

Steve, I am sure this has been asked a thousand times before.....consider it a thousand one now. But has Disney ever contacted you about fling you over the pond for a freebie? With the amount of traffic this site gets I would think you would be at the top of the list.....or does 74 ruin that for ya?.....lol j/k 74. You da man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom