Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

As flynn and lazyboy have pointed out, Disney is much more than a Theme Park. You can't have it both ways; It's just a themepark... No, no, no, theme parks are just a little slice of the pie, Disney is a humongous corporate entitiy, it's not just theme parks!

And if you knew what shady stuff Disney has done in the past you would be concerned. I'm not spilling the beans in public, it's that serious, but I will tell you it ain't all pixie dust. And the people they used to hire to carry out their shady business, defintiely ain't PG rated. At the coporate level, they are VERY lucky nothing has come to light. And this isn't so much Disney, as it's par for the course on most coporations that are that big. When you're aware of stuff like that, it makes people look naive who don't think this tech wouldn't be used for not so wonderful reasons by a big corporation.
Wouldn't disagree with you on that at all. I have no illusions that the Disney Company can and will be a little less then honorable at times. However, just as Disney is not just a theme park, the same can be said in reverse. WDW is not all that there is of Disney. It is part of and still separate. What information it is dealing with and it's use to run the Theme Park business is what NGE is all about. If they somehow could mine information at WDW that would impact ESPN or ABC or the Movie Division or whatever else Disney Co. has its little paws in, then I would be interested in knowing what it would be and how it might affect me before I kick into the sky is falling phase. Now if they can use this technology in the other areas of the business, that might be a problem or it might not. Since no one seems to know how it might be a problem for us, then I will continue to not feel threatened by it.

tirian

Wouldn't disagree with you on that at all. I have no illusions that the Disney Company can and will be a little less then honorable at times. However, just as Disney is not just a theme park, the same can be said in reverse. WDW is not all that there is of Disney. It is part of and still separate. What information it is dealing with and it's use to run the Theme Park business is what NGE is all about. If they somehow could mine information at WDW that would impact ESPN or ABC or the Movie Division or whatever else Disney Co. has its little paws in, then I would be interested in knowing what it would be and how it might affect me before I kick into the sky is falling phase. Now if they can use this technology in the other areas of the business, that might be a problem or it might not. Since no one seems to know how it might be a problem for us, then I will continue to not feel threatened by it.
I often disagree with your posts but I love your avatar.

nytimez

If there is one thing I have learned working in food service, people have extremely wrong and high opinions of their sense of taste.

Penn & Teller did an episode of their TV show - name of which won't make it past the filters - in which they opened a high-end restaurant, but all the dishes were secretly dollar store junk made in a microwave and toaster oven.

stevehousse

I'm really wishing that Mya really wasn't on the payroll and just some lady that got invited who decided to have fun and take a jab at all of those people...it would make it so much better than it already is...and by the way, what sites do all those people run, cuz I don't think I have even seen any of those websites??? Where do these people come from?!?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm really wishing that Mya really wasn't on the payroll and just some lady that got invited who decided to have fun and take a jab at all of those people...it would make it so much better than it already is...and by the way, what sites do all those people run, cuz I don't think I have even seen any of those websites??? Where do these people come from?!?
There are hundreds, if not thousands of WDW websites. Most of them do not have any significant traffic however.

RSoxNo1

I like many of your posts but this is absolutely untrue. I don't have the exact figures in front of me, but teens represent something like a quarter of a TRILLION dollars in disposable income. They are a very attractive market, highly sought after and a lot of money is spent on direct marketing to teens to get that money.

Many teens - especially older teens (16+) - work part-time jobs... many get allowance... many simply ask their parents for money and get it. However they get it, they get it - and virtually none of them save, and they have pretty much no bills.

It's ALL disposable.
Right, but here's the thing. Let's look at Cars Land vs. Star Wars Land vs. Harry Potter Land. The fans of Cars merchandise are relying largely on their parents to purchase that merchandise. Comparitively, the same isn't true for Star Wars or Potter. There are far more adults that like the latter two franchises than adults that like Cars.

RSoxNo1

Reckon we can expect a disclaimer to be attached to the reports along the lines of "I attended a sponsored function and was paid in exchange for coverage of said function" from any of the attendees?

I bet not.
This was one of my biggest pet peeves when I was hosting the podcast. Full disclosure is absolutely necessary for you to have credibility.

GSP Guy

She is interspersed in this video (it's good at the 7:20 mark)...which is, in and of itself comical for many reasons. Enjoy!

OH.........MY..........GOD!!!!! So many things that I've read on here are so much clearer now. I am in no way an insider (even though 3 different Disney execs are clients of mine) so I generally just follow along even though my understanding of many of the details are admittedly vague. However every now and then there comes a post which adds clarity. This video was one of those post. It was like an upscale version of that Bronie convention video someone posted a while back!
I must add that it was quite impressive how the cast members were handling themselves during what had to be a very awkward shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom