Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirian

I agree with all of that. Also:

In 2005 (my first year going; it's been an annual thing since then for us, as we have small kids) there was a FREE 5x7 photo snapped of you with the characters in their Halloween finery (I think it was Mickey and Minnie). It came in a themed cardboard frame. They offered discounts to the photo in future years, but I never bothered again.

Adult price that year: $37
This year: $57/62/73 (it depends on which night you want to go)
While I have your attention, I want to say that as someone with an MBA, I appreciate the tone of your articles. :)

tirian

Wow. It is like my worst nightmare in that room. As anyone who has been unlucky enough to be around some of those people before will know, they are extremely annoying. They would have to pay me to go in there. I pity those that were there and not part of "the group". I see Jeff Lange and co are there, even though they are not on the attendee list. All part of the benefit of being part of "the group" - they get you in one way or another.
You would have been paid with a $50 gift card to use on princess merch!

RSoxNo1

The Gold standard for rockwork is Expedition Everest, Even the SNOW looks real the just looking at mountain triggers suspension of reality just as it should, FLE well not so much..., The fake tiny castle no forced perspective it just looks well small...
I disagree. I think the rock work in New Fantasyland looks great. The castle doesn't work that well though. I think it needs to be bigger to really pull off the effect.

friendofafriend

I couldn't make it through 30 seconds of this video. Probably the lifestyler.

The more I think about this event the more annoyed I get. How great would it be for Disney to do an event like this for people who actually deserve it. Maybe Disney Legacy award winners (I heard there banquet was practically a disaster), Disney great service fanatic card winners, people who volunteer their time to charity, give kids the world families, etc. I guess the social media department doesn't feel that the payoff would be great enough, though I'm really struggling to see the payoff for anyone other than the attendees in this instance.

TP2000

Wow... that video is entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

On the whole, people are not dressed badly IMO. But, my goodness, anyone care to take a stab at the average waistline in that room?

Also, the guy shooting this video... he doesn't get what's going on with Mya Space, does he?

Yup. That video is a riot, but mostly for the wrong reasons. At least Disney had the foresight to confine all these personalities to one private event away from innocent paying customers.

The party guests weren't dressed badly (I don't think any of us said they were), and some of the ladies were at least trying. But lots of folks weren't dressed well, either. They were just sort of.... clothed. That might be the fair word to use. Clothed.

The obesity epidemic is not something to be proud of as an otherwise proud American, I have to admit that. It's troubling.

Mya Space. Hmm.... Yeah, I don't think some folks understood the layers of her comedy.

Most Importantly: Hats off to the California Grill Cast Members working that event who all looked great, with big smiles, and played along graciously while the thundering herd grazed on all of that free food and booze.

Last edited:

ptaylor

Premium Member
The more I think about this event the more annoyed I get. How great would it be for Disney to do an event like this for people who actually deserve it. Maybe Disney Legacy award winners (I heard there banquet was practically a disaster), Disney great service fanatic card winners, people who volunteer their time to charity, give kids the world families, etc. I guess the social media department doesn't feel that the payoff would be great enough, though I'm really struggling to see the payoff for anyone other than the attendees in this instance.
How about Disney picking some nice families in the park and treat them to a free meal there instead of this...
Two great ideas there. Now I wonder why Disney prefer to invite the same group of irrelevant bloggers each time?

TP2000

She is interspersed in this video (it's good at the 7:20 mark)...which is, in and of itself comical for many reasons. Enjoy!

Thank you for that link! The video had me laughing out loud at the computer screen.

I'm saving it just to use as a future point of reference for how hilariously inept Disney's attempts at Social Media marketing in 2013 were. This video either represents the depths of TDO's incompetence in that endeavor, and it will be even funnier a decade from now when they've fixed this problem. Or, TDO still has several steps lower into the pit of marketing incompetence to go and this will serve as a good benchmark on that downward journey TDO will be making through the 2010's.

Either way, it's a very fun video to watch. And save in the vault.

RSoxNo1

I'll take UNI's track record with replacement attractions over Disney's any day.

I just hope the talk I have heard about ET, O-Town's best dark ride still, staying are true.
Can someone explain to me the hate that Disaster gets? I absolutely love that upgrade. As for ET, I agree it's far superior than any Fantasyland dark ride although a case could be made for Mermaid (ducks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom