Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo14

Wow!

I am so glad you have gotten over your pixie dust addiction (and don't spend time one Disney fan sites) and can set the rest of us straight. I do feel like such a loser. Thanks for the life story as well. Bless your heart ...

paranoid.gif

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thanks Lee you are too kind:D

Well I posted a summary of my gripes and news on 722 but I have once again said too much so I've deleted it. My intention was not to tease and then take it away but I just got cold feet as my rumblings could have caused some waves within Creative and I'm not sure I'm ready to risk my work over it yet. Perhaps if I get even more frustrated but right now I'm focused on getting the project done. Maybe after that I'll post what I said...I've saved it for possible future use ;)

Neurotic much? :D

Oh, expect a phone call this week ...

JimboJones123

Lee I sent you the post. Spirit if you want to read it let me know or have Lee forward it but I'm sure you are tired of hearing my rants and you have heard most of it before anyway :rolleyes: For everyone else here is an update that focuses mostly on the positive aspects of 722.

The Hogwarts Express will truly be a magical experience. It is the perfect blend of theatrical tools and theme park artistry that we used to expect from Disney. The cabin interiors are fantastic and the mock up almost had me shed a tear or two. Between the sounds, stations, effects and really cool media this will be a homerun in my opinion. When the train pulls into the station and the steam, sounds and atmosphere are all programmed in it will be a special theme park moment for most guests.

When walking through Gringotts the main thing you say to yourself is "wow...this is just BIG!" Everything is big. The rockwork is amazing and it's BIG. The vault room is BIG and jaw dropping impressive. The unique track elements are BIG...I mean really BIG and should be a lot of fun. There are massive screens (think Simpsons or larger) and the vehicles will move into the sweet spots at the right times and there will be unique movements that most will not expect. I know this is not new information and is readily available online but I just want to remind everyone and put it in perspective.

The rest of the land is bigger than most expect as well. Have I mentioned big? Yes I have a lot of negative to say but all in all this will still be 100 times better than anything WDW has done in the past 10 years.

Lee and HTF and Spirit are correct regarding Lorax and JP.
These are so very few and far between these days. Antarctica was neat, but still far short of this.

JimboJones123

A perfect Spirited Saturday? Waking up to Air France and DLP confirmations in my in box and then watching the U take down those (blanks from Gainesville) damn hated and quite overrated Florida Gators.

Then, perfect sandwich and finally watching The Lorax (wonderful film) while I think about future cruises ...yeah, tough life I've been told.
Not just a wonderful film, it is truly on of the most important animated films ever made. It promotes individual thinking and responsibility. I never turn down an opportunity to play it at home.

TalkingHead

Someone, likely multiple someones, will be killed.

the question is who ....Jesse has become a moral compass, but he still isn't a 'good' person. A good person doesn't do what he has done, no matter the influence of the abuser.

Yeah, there's what happened with Gail and the manufacturing of deadly, life-ruining drugs.

But he wants to protect the little kids...

I'm curious to see what he meant by telling Hank "there's another way" to get Walt.

Who am I kidding? I just want to see how the show ends.

Do you have any opinion on Skyler? Find her mildly annoying? Very annoying? Painfully annoying?

HTF

Let's just say that there have been many very recent cuts in show elements in terms of quantity and quality. Essentially I went into a little detail regarding how that has happened and how it could have easily been avoided. There are some new management philosophies and practices that have led to it and I went into what they are.

I would love to hear some of your new management snafus ;) Lets just hope WB steps in and says well...

ParentsOf4

Hopefully they were smart enough negotiate down Disney's ridiculous asking price for tenants.
The thing is, DTD is an excellent retail location for the right kind of shop. Outstanding seven-days-a-week year-round foot traffic from lots of tourists already primed to spend big on trinkets while staying at expensive resorts. (Does WDW have any other kind?:D)

Justifiably, Disney should have been able to get top dollar for Disney Springs.

When shopping there, just remember that retailers pass their costs onto their customers. Prices for goods at Disney Springs should be "fun". :rolleyes:

Nubs70

One other thing, it would appear as if Disney has finally lined up a handful of tenants for the new mall version of DD. I am trying to track names down.
Any idea of the cost for the tennant? Will WDW expect more than 35% gross sales?

whylightbulb

I would love to hear some of your new management snafus ;) Lets just hope WB steps in and says well...
Unfortunately they haven't been around as much lately. Let's see what happens once more of the show is installed. It may be too late at this point though.

Reactions: HTF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom