Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebeau

And again, Lorax will NOT be a 3D movie... it WILL be a family dark ride... Neo is wrong...

It seems like you are trying to suggest that the Lorax might not be the 3-D movie we're expecting. ;)

Seriously, my kids love the Lorax. A Lorax dark ride might just get us down there earlier than I had planned.

Captain Chaos

It seems like you are trying to suggest that the Lorax might not be the 3-D movie we're expecting. ;)

Seriously, my kids love the Lorax. A Lorax dark ride might just get us down there earlier than I had planned.
Well, HTF actually told us it won't be the 3D movie only NEO expects... :) Lee backs it up with what he has heard.. Lorax will fit in well in Seuss Landing..

doctornick

So I just found out about those big "mega attractions" coming to Universal in the next few years:

-Jurassic park is basically gonna become Dinoland U.S.A. with new Carnival games and more food/merchandise carts where carnival hucksters can sell more crap to people. This is in addition to the random hair braiding stations and rock climbing wall that are junking up that area BTW. The big "e-ticket" will be a roller coaster thats themed to look like its racing through an amber mine. Universal is also considering adding a spinner to the land. What any of this has to do with the theme of a zoological theme park filled with Dinosaurs I have no idea. Forget any dreams that they would dig out lavish concepts like the Jeep adventure or Helicoptours or some new Dinosaur adventure.

-IOA will also be getitng a Lorax 3D movie in Suess Landing.

Seems like after Harry Potter Universal is gonna start following the Eisner/Iger model of doing business.

If this is accurate I'm a little disappointed with Universal. I love what they are doing but I was hoping that new additions would be more sedate "family rides" with minimal thrills but immersive environments. That's the thing that IMHO Universal is really missing compared Disney.

lebeau

Well, HTF actually told us it won't be the 3D movie only NEO expects... :) Lee backs it up with what he has heard.. Lorax will fit in well in Seuss Landing..

That's great. My kids are 4 and 8. Not exactly the target demo for Universal, so we've never taken them. I've been, but the rest of the family hasn't. Seuss Landing has been beckoning us. The kids get a little older and Uni adds a few more family-friendly attractions... I just may get to go back to Universal sooner than I had planned.

Did I mess the ETA on that?

lebeau

If this is accurate I'm a little disappointed with Universal. I love what they are doing but I was hoping that new additions would be more sedate "family rides" with minimal thrills but immersive environments. That's the thing that IMHO Universal is really missing compared Disney.

Agreed.

Lucky for us, this sounds like the truth sprinkled with misinformation and more spin than a tea cup.

Captain Chaos

That's great. My kids are 4 and 8. Not exactly the target demo for Universal, so we've never taken them. I've been, but the rest of the family hasn't. Seuss Landing has been beckoning us. The kids get a little older and Uni adds a few more family-friendly attractions... I just may get to go back to Universal sooner than I had planned.

Did I mess the ETA on that?
HTF only said Uni seeks another aggressive construction schedule for Lorax... didn't give the time frame... And unlike others, I won't speculate... We saw what an aggressive construction schedule in Universal means though.. a huge E ticket in one year.. I'm sure they can build a family friendly dark ride in 1 to 1 1/2 years...

Captain Chaos

Nothing to be disappointed about... Neo is wrong... Listen to HTF and Lee...

lebeau

HTF only said Uni seeks another aggressive construction schedule for Lorax... didn't give the time frame... And unlike others, I won't speculate... We saw what an aggressive construction schedule in Universal means though.. a huge E ticket in one year.. I'm sure they can build a family friendly dark ride in 1 to 1 1/2 years...

I'm in no hurry. I'm kind of like Disney in that regard. (Can I get a rimshot?)

My plan has been to suffer through another Disney trip or two until the girls are old enough for Universal. But if they reach out to the younger set, maybe we can meet them somewhere in the middle.

Mike C

Looking around Lorax probably has a target date for fall 2015 (probably in time for the Christmas season).

HTF Rumor mill says "The Lorax RV's are rumored to be themed Scooters that will utilize a motion base along a track with 4KHD3D media, AA's, large sets, and live fx"

And the newly rumored water ride for the Studios side (which it currently has none since Jaws was removed, and even that wasn't much of a wet ride) just got added to the list of rumors. Of them all, the Kong one is the one I doubt the most, though.

Funmeister

I think the first thing we need to all understand is there is no war. They all build we all win

Also Disney is planning many things down the road....we just have to wait longer than we'd all like

Ask people on both sides fighting for their jobs in sales and marketing if this is a war! What "things" are Disney planning "down the road" there Daddy-O? Please...humor us.

Captain Chaos

Looking around Lorax probably has a target date for fall 2015 (probably in time for the Christmas season).

HTF Rumor mill says "The Lorax RV's are rumored to be themed Scooters that will utilize a motion base along a track with 4KHD3D media, AA's, large sets, and live fx"

And the newly rumored water ride for the Studios side (which it currently has none since Jaws was removed, and even that wasn't much of a wet ride) just got added to the list of rumors. Of them all, the Kong one is the one I doubt the most, though.
A water ride in the Studios? Haven't read that one yet... Interesting though...

There is also a new rumor that IOA may get Mt. Crumpit (Grinch) after Lorax... I love rumors, but sometimes, they do drive you nuts!!!

maxairmike

A water ride in the Studios? Haven't read that one yet... Interesting though...

There is also a new rumor that IOA may get Mt. Crumpit (Grinch) after Lorax... I love rumors, but sometimes, they do drive you nuts!!!

Yeah, haven't heard about the water ride yet either. As for Mt. Crumpit, there's still room for it in Seuss after Lorax. The old backstage dock area for Island Skipper Tours would provide a nice expansion area for Seuss Landing. Not saying it will happen or is possible, just saying there is actually room for another large-ish attraction is they want.

Clever Name

Since we've been on the topic of gambling and adult-themed entertainment and the Disney image, I note that Holly Madison is having a Rapunzel-themed wedding at Disneyland next week. Needless to say, getting married at Disneyland is not only expensive, but also subject to the Disney company's final approval.

Per Wikipedia, Holly is "widely known for being one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends on the reality television series The Girls Next Door," also known as The Girls of the Playboy Mansion. Although she was not a Playboy Playmate, "she has appeared in nude pictorials with her Girls Next Door costars, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson." Holly also "starred in a topless burlesque show called Peepshow at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas." (She has a previous tie to the Disney company -- she appeared on the eighth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.)

Not that I think appearing in a nude pictorial or a reality TV show about life in the Playboy Mansion is morally abhorrent, but it's certainly not something that resonates strongly with the traditional image that the Disney company had in Walt Disney's lifetime. And Ms. Madison seems nice enough, but if I were explaining to my child who this lucky person is who's getting married at Disneyland, I would probably leave out the part about the nude pictorials and the topless burlesque and such.

djlaosc

Yeah, Lagoon seems to be next.
I don't know any more than '74 about which IP they will choose...but all the options are good.

Would they just change the theme of the current water rides, or would everything be removed?

willtravel

Well at least UNI's building something besides themed bathrooms... No I have not been to UNI since a corporate event at IOA a decade ago but it seems that Disney is conducting its side of the 'Theme Park Wars' in the French manner ie surrendering before battle is even joined.
I think you are comparing apples to oranges here. Yes, UNI is building. But I think when UNI get's to the size of WDW, then you can compare and say well at least UNI is building something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom