Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody5242

I agree that I like New Fantasyland better than Springfield, but it's unfair to compare Twirl 'n' Hurl to SDMT. I do think Springfield will look better when the vegetation fills in. I do like Springfield a lot though.
Yeah that it is unfair but New Fanatasyland will look beautiful once the SDMT opens up and will have two more rides compared to one. Twirl N Hurl is a better themed spinner than any of disneys though. They also get a plus with signature food

Cody5242

Those two things aren't equals.

Springfield is not a big, major thing. It's a little area in the park that got some extra stuff.

If you want to compare the FLE to something at Uni (though we still have to wait for Disney to finish the FLE, lol), you have to compare it to the Harry Potter area.
In that case Diagon Alley no question lol

Reactions: luv

BryceM

Yeah that it is unfair but New Fanatasyland will look beautiful once the SDMT opens up and will have two more rides compared to one. Twirl N Hurl is a better themed spinner than any of disneys though. They also get a plus with signature food
Yeah, Twirl 'n' Hurl has to be the best themed spinner yet.

Californian Elitist

A lot films do the whole father hates kids at first but then warms up to them in the end

Gru is an evil villain, who ends up adopting three children. Sounds fairly original to me, unless you can name at least three to five other cartoon films where this happens.

How many "damsel in distress, but gets saved in the end" stories have we seen?

doc_holiday3500

Gru is an evil villain, who ends up adopting three children. Sounds fairly original to me, unless you can name at least three to five other cartoon films where this happens.

How many "damsel in distress, but gets saved in the end" stories have we seen?

I once had a university professor tell me that all stories are simply derivatives of either a.) boy goes to war, or b.) boy comes home from war.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My sister just sent me this link:

They've decided to film Star Wars using old fashioned 35mm cellulose film instead of in digital. Not sure if this is a wise idea since it was LucasFilm that pioneered digital movie making... What do you think?

No digital = no Jar Jar. Mesa lika dat ;).

It will be cool to make it more retro to fit more with the original trilogy.

bhg469

My sister just sent me this link:

They've decided to film Star Wars using old fashioned 35mm cellulose film instead of in digital. Not sure if this is a wise idea since it was LucasFilm that pioneered digital movie making... What do you think?

No 60 fps is good but anything shot digitally can be made to look like film so I feel like its just going to make things harder on them.

PeterAlt

No 60 fps is good but anything shot digitally can be made to look like film so I feel like its just going to make things harder on them.
Also, the movie theaters all have digital projectors now. So, it will have to be converted to digital any way.

I remember Return of the Jedi was shot in 70mm, so going 35mm is turning back the clock.

PeterAlt

There's a bug in the latest update of these boards that causes messages to be repeated and older replies to stick...

PeterAlt

I just looked it up. Both Empire and Jedi were shot on 70mm film. Filming this one in 35mm is a step backwards. I didn't look up A New Hope.

Edit - see Dreamfinder's correction below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom