Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

Ive never seen the amount of "lurkers", new posters, people who haven't posted in years chiming into Spirit's threads and bashing him recently, and not so subtly trying to get him banned and his threads deleted... all for the "sake of cleaning up Magic." Every one of them have the same MO; concerned members... who never post here, even the ones who have join dates from years ago. They lurk in his threads, only post in his threads, and complain about him hurting this site. That's their only contribution to this community, complaining about Spirit and his threads.... Which they could easily not post in. And then they get a spike of "likes" from other members you've never heard of (but a few you have !). Very, very fishy, if you ask me.
of course... but until bans start happening (and they won't cause apparently no one gets banned from WDWMagic anymore), these people will continue their nonsense of trying to bury the news which does not put Disney in the best light... I wonder how many of the new members are current members with more than one account? The posting styles are similar to other members here... Hmmm

Goofyernmost

I've never seen the amount of "lurkers", new posters, people who haven't posted in years chiming into Spirit's threads and bashing him recently, and not so subtly trying to get him banned and his threads deleted... all for the "sake of cleaning up Magic." Every one of them have the same MO; concerned members... who never post here, even the ones who have join dates from years ago. They lurk in his threads, only post in his threads, and complain about him hurting this site. That's their only contribution to this community, complaining about Spirit and his threads.... Which they could easily not post in. And then they get a spike of "likes" from other members you've never heard of (but a few you have !). Very, very fishy, if you ask me.
of course... but until bans start happening (and they won't cause apparently no one gets banned from WDWMagic anymore), these people will continue their nonsense of trying to bury the news which does not put Disney in the best light... I wonder how many of the new members are current members with more than one account? The posting styles are similar to other members here... Hmmm
Absolutely amazing! :bored::facepalm:

doctornick

Plenty more is going on about this than you apparently wish to accept. Multiple people calling in 7 months out complaining of no availability at their home resort. Told there are no openings. Then DVC MAGICally can accommodate them, then and there. There are fishy items going on compared to even two years ago.

I don't see what is fishy about any of that... For starters, not having availability at your home resort 7 months out is not uncommon at all and never has been, especially at certain times of year/certain resorts/certain room sizes. Getting any of the Epcot resorts on points 7 months out during the F&W, for example, is not going to happen.

If you are talking about people not getting some dates at their home resort 11 months out -- when the window opens -- that would be odder, but still possible. "Walking the reservation" is much more common, especially with popular resorts and times and can sometimes lock people out of a desired room at 11 months. This is more likely with the smaller resorts and has nothing to do with Disney doing anything funny, but is actually other DVC members owning at the same resort.

Now, in terms of the second point, where DVC might be able to find a room that wasn't previously available, my guess is that they were able to shift around some cash rooms to make it happen. If the person wanted BWV and it wasn't available, maybe they took a cash room from there, moved it to DVC and shifted a DVC room at SSR to cash.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

First, there are only 4 posters left on the entirety of this site and you are the only remaining "independent" poster. Everyone else has been banned.

I've never seen the amount of "lurkers", new posters, people who haven't posted in years chiming into Spirit's threads and bashing him recently, and not so subtly trying to get him banned and his threads deleted... all for the "sake of cleaning up Magic." Every one of them have the same MO; concerned members... who never post here, even the ones who have join dates from years ago. They lurk in his threads, only post in his threads, and complain about him hurting this site. That's their only contribution to this community, complaining about Spirit and his threads.... Which they could easily not post in. And then they get a spike of "likes" from other members you've never heard of (but a few you have !). Very, very fishy, if you ask me.

I'd like see an argument about how anyone is hurting this site. The thing that makes this site interesting (and always has) is that it is a gathering of serious fans with a sprinkling of in the know insiders all of whom have different opinions. We (and Mr. 74 is a big part of this we) make the site. All other WDW message boards and sites reek of comparative lameness (disclosure: @wdwmagic offered me a free vacation to the Disney destination of my choice if I overtly complimented the site once a day for a week. At least, that was my understanding of our imaginary conversation).

doctornick

Yes he did. Go re-read the posts. He said his info was "not true." His sources? Ha ha ha ha Go ask him about his sources!!! HA HA HA!!!!!

Yes, he said WDW1974's info was "not true". He did not say that WDW1974 himself was not truthful. Those are totally different things. Tim_4 was saying that WDW1974 was providing inaccurate information and that Tim's info from Disney suggested a totally different picture.

As I said, I think both are telling the truth, but are being told different things by different people for different purposes. You can decide yourself whose info is more accurate (I'm of the camp that it's likely somewhere in between both claims, but whatever).

Captain Chaos

First, there are only 4 posters left on the entirety of this site and you are the only remaining "independent" poster. Everyone else has been banned.

If only....

Anyway, on a topic 74 brought up before: has anyone tried to figure out the 3 IPs Universal is looking to acquire? LOTR is one... Rumors of Wonka circulated last week... I wonder if Star Trek could be one... Or if one or two of the IPs are for KidZone...

WildcatDen

Hi, My name is Bert and I, well, I guess as others have pointed out, I am a troll. I have had the audacity to speak against those bashing the defense industry or pushing comments towards my kids (even though that has been cleared up - Hey Bryce). My skin is evidently paper thin and I need to take on the QTIP principle (Quit Taking It Personal). I sometimes take shots at those comments I find way off base, be they pro or anti Disney. For that, I offer my sincerest apologies. Most of us on here are Disney fans and make it a part of our lives in various ways. As much as I like my home park, Disney still offers us a much better experience and one that as a family, we look forward to.

doctornick

Couldn't the amount of DVC rooms available for cash be because more and more owners are trading out to stay at other resorts (non-disney, out of state resorts)? I believe when that happens, the inventory those points represent are switched to cash rooms.

This has always been my impression of how it works. Disney can't just take rooms from DVC and sell them for cash. Timeshares are regulated and members have an ownership stake in those rooms. Sure, theoretically Disney could just be lying and cheating the system, but I'm skeptical about that given how big and popular they are and how much public scrutiny and bad PR they would get if they got caught -- and with all the public discussion and information about Disney/DVC out there they would get caught sooner or later. They wouldn't be able to fly under the radar.

Anyhow, if people are using their points at other places that aren't their home resort or WDW (DCL, DLR, Aulani, other Disney hotels worldwide, RCI, Concierge collection, Adventures by Disney, etc.) then rooms that previously would be allotted to points/DVC get assigned to Disney for cash sales. I think the technical way it happens is that DVC "sells" the owned points room to Disney (I guess the hotel division) and then uses that money to "buy" the RCI reservation or the vacation package from Adventures by Disney.

If there are more "cash" rooms at DVC resorts than in the past, it likely just means that DVC members aren't using their points at WDW as much these days. Which wouldn't be a terribly surprising thing given that the park hasn't been adding much, so much like many people on this board are saying, people might be doing other vacations with their "money" (in this case DVC points). And a lot of those vacation options take up a lot of points -- a family of four that goes on a week long DCL trip could use 650 points or so easily which is like 2-3 weeks in a two bedroom villa at OKW/SSR.

WildcatDen

If only....

Anyway, on a topic 74 brought up before: has anyone tried to figure out the 3 IPs Universal is looking to acquire? LOTR is one... Rumors of Wonka circulated last week... I wonder if Star Trek could be one... Or if one or two of the IPs are for KidZone...

My guess is LOTR (AWESOME) and Star Trek. A dark horse may be Star Blazers (Bring back the ARGO!!)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The funny thing is that technically both of them are right.

That's the way I read it to as I slogged my way through the debate. Besides, I have it on good authority that NextGen will only cost $3.98 and the left 6.5 billion that was budgeted will be used to build the snow speeder spinner that will be the anchor of the new Star Wars land.

Truth be told, I was most concerned when bigwigs like @marni1971 were indicating that the cost over runs from this could adversely impact construction schedules and future development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom