Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJFPKT

Wow that is a very incorrect statement in this day and age. Many times now security is the first thing thought of before design

Security is very expensive most of the time, thus adding to the total project cost. This makes it the first thing cut when the budget overruns. I have seen it happen first hand. The product working is the most important thing. If cost is over budget it will work before security is considered. Here is an example that I was just looking up for a presentation, from 2006-2010 the federal government only prosecuted 168 cybercrimes. That is it, in all of the United States. Security and investigations of those types of crimes are often an after thought

Goofyernmost

Too bad that's not entirely true.

Use is optional, but you get a lesser product if you opt out. If you opt out then you can't use FP+ so you are stuck in the standby lines. I wish they gave you the option to opt out of just this one aspect. It's all or nothing.
I hope it does go that way because that is the one thing that will cause this whole plan to explode in their faces. This is coming from an avid Disney fan. Personally, I am planning to see what we actually get when it is complete before I panic. I will say this, and it's a promise, if at any point I am discriminated against because I don't play they will have gotten the last nickel that they will ever see from me. This will be a sensitive point for many thousands of people, not just me. They have to be very careful what they withhold from paying customers. Very careful!

aladdin2007

I hope it does go that way because that is the one thing that will cause this whole plan to explode in their faces. This is coming from an avid Disney fan. Personally, I am planning to see what we actually get when it is complete before I panic. I will say this, and it's a promise, if at any point I am discriminated against because I don't play they will have gotten the last nickel that they will ever see from me. This will be a sensitive point for many thousands of people, not just me. They have to be very careful what they withhold from paying customers. Very careful!

So well said the whole post beginning to end, I feel like its coming to this too, and that will be it for me as well.

doctornick

Down the road? Sure. But it'd be way down the road at this point. Cars is/was the only one being actively considered. (Especially now that the door coaster looks to be headed to DCA.)

Still don't understand that if the Door Coaster is being developed for DCA, why wouldn't they do a simultaneous cloning (a la TSMM), spread the development cost, and put it in Soundstage 1 like it was originally planned. Hell, there is already work done on the outside of the building to give it a Monstropolis look....

Captain Neo

Still don't understand that if the Door Coaster is being developed for DCA, why wouldn't they do a simultaneous cloning (a la TSMM), spread the development cost, and put it in Soundstage 1 like it was originally planned. Hell, there is already work done on the outside of the building to give it a Monstropolis look....

because why invest in new rides when people are going to come to WDW anyway?

lazyboy97o

So now we're worried NextGen is going to enable sexual predator cast members???
If Joe Bob is out to get you then he will get you without that knowledge.
Just because it is possible now does not mean increased ease of access should not be of concern. There was a thread not too long ago about a forum member feeling uncomfortable by the actions of Cast Member. I do not see how a Cast Member acting like a creep knowing where she is scheduled to be makes that situation any better. It's quite similar to the issue that arose with the Trophy Room at Club 33.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Hope things improve for you Spirit, I cannot emphasize enough how important what you do here is. You can put into words certain things about WDW and culture in general that really get to the heart of the matter compared to the usual back and forth hyperbole that has become too common in our modern world.

One word seems sufficient: thanks!

WDW1974

Original Poster
What's strange is the Poly is showing no availability from the evening of Sept 16 (Monday) until the morning of Sept 19 (Thursday).

Normally that's one of the slowest weeks of the year. Conversely, those are the most popular days of the week to conduct business. It makes me wonder if something's going on at the Poly beyond construction of the new DVC.

They are Leno eating rooms (that is what auto correct does when you type renovating rooms too fast).

Because of this, they could have hundreds of rooms out of inventory. Disney is notorious for this. If you have 1000 rooms, but only 500 are available filling 456 of them isn't As impressive as it may seem.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just like you had posted earlier, if you read real news stories and investigations, not what constitutes "news" on television in America, there really isn't much of anything new that has been revealed here by Snowden that wasn't really out there before if you read in the right places.

I'd suggest the Guardian as a great place to get news from the USA that isn't reported in the USA.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Saw this over at Orlando Theme Parks news. New devices installed in the tunnels under the main street train station at MK. New part of Next Gen?

jhDnEXOb6bdkX.JPG

Some sort of scanner? Facial recognition? DoD experiment? Shall we ask George Kalogridis?

PhotoDave219

The predator aspect was an extreme example, but why leave even a slight door open. My original example was a kid in the college program who hits on a girl who doesn't give him the time of day. He now has the girl's entire itinerary for the rest of her stay. Maybe he shows up at Raglan Road on Tuesday night and "bumps" into her. I just find it creepy that a cast member has all of that info on me or someone in my party just by swiping my band.

A tad extreme of an example but No, Cast Members should not have access to that kind of info.

sweetpee_1993

My upcoming cruise companion wants to do two meals at Palo, but the fat Spirit inside of me is saying 'damn, that is too much food for even you!'

You can do it! I believe in you! Seriously, it's 15 nights. Do a meal a week: brunch 1 week then dinner the next. Problem solved. I'll start researching the ports when I get home at the end of Sept. I'll be in touch. ;)

John

It really is good to see you...@WDW1974 Your presence brings some kind of spirited normalcy to the thread ( if there is such a thing). I think something that might be overlooked is if one of these CM IPods are misplaced or stolen. IF.....I repeat....IF this much info readily available I do believe it could be used nefariously by a bad guy.
Just like Disney the more info a bad guy has about you and your family the easier mark it makes you. They too build a profile. Again....you dont have a problem with it....great! Why flame someone who does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom