Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatDen

If you've got high tier NSA members or politicians who had a major hand in setting this system up and keeping it running for their own gains,
Please - expand on your knowledge of this subject. You are basically accusing those responsible for the safety of our country with doing it for personal gains. Since you seem to know the minds of these individuals, please share. . .

Captain Neo

I actually disagree with WDW1974 about D23. long lines at conventions is nothing new it's even worse at ComicCon and video game conventions. I only went the first year when they actually had real announcements to share so maybe my experience was better because of that but I felt the Imagineering exhibit and Treasures of the Disney Vault exhibits alone are worth the price of admission.

I do think their Avatar thing where imagineers had to dodge questions and make up tales of visiting pandora was embarrassing when compared to what Universal is doing. Universal is building away and slowly releasing lavish concept art of exciting new attractions meanwhile 2 years after announcing a project they have abunch of imagineers standing around a themed desk going "yea so we just got back from Pandora and there was this one time where we totally saw a Thanotaur!" while standing around props that look completely inauthentic.

TalkingHead

Me, being almost twice his age and far less well-known in Disney fan circles--went to DLR for the first time in April after a lifetime at WDW. Was blown away by Cars Land, the Cathay Theater bar, and the Storybook Canal boats. Was impressed by the rest of Fantasyland and Toon Town and Autopia. Nothing else--including Pirates--would inspire me to make the effort to get back to Anaheim. But saying you like Orlando PotC over Anaheim's is akin to heresy--and when far too many fans make Disney their religion, that's a dangerous thing indeed.

I'd go back to Anaheim for all the things you mentioned plus Indy, Pirates, and the real Fantasmic.

Lee

Adventurer
insiders! (@Lee @WDW1974 @marni1971 @Tim_4 @articos @pheneix )

Is there any way non-Cars Pixar attractions would come to DHS down the road?

And if only a Cars dark ride comes, would it still be "Cars Land" or still "Pixar Place"?
Down the road? Sure. But it'd be way down the road at this point. Cars is/was the only one being actively considered. (Especially now that the door coaster looks to be headed to DCA.)

As for the name, I've never heard of renaming Pixar Place. Cars Land would be a separate, though adjoining, area....if they were to decide to ever build it.

Turtle

Down the road? Sure. But it'd be way down the road at this point. Cars is/was the only one being actively considered. (Especially now that the door coaster looks to be headed to DCA.)

As for the name, I've never heard of renaming Pixar Place. Cars Land would be a separate, though adjoining, area....if they were to decide to ever build it.
If the door coaster is a smash success at DCA would that be a small hope for a clone? LOL

Californian Elitist

Seriously, how can D23 not be a slap in the face to fans? You largely pay a ridiculous fee to get a chance to wait in lines where you pay ridiculous prices for merchandise created to take advantage of your addiction (much that I'll likely see in Anaheim's Co D next month).

Can't believe it, but I am about to complain about DLR. What's up with these 10-7 week days and 9-10 weekends next month? Oh, yeah Michael Colglazier is the head guy now. I would never pay for such short operating days. Oh wait, I don't pay anyway.

I learned my lesson at the last Expo. Lines upon lines and crowds upon crowds. It was nothing like that in 2009. I don't know why I assumed it would be like that again. I left after two or three hours. Complete waste of time and money.

I decided to skip the Expo this year, and just might skip the rest of them. I went to the Dodger game, instead, and had one of the most fun times I've had in a long time, including my Disneyland visits.

Oh, and I already can't wait until Colglazier is gone. He thought he was slick, with the free gifts to DL fans and his park visits, but he's screwing us over. Swindling and chiseling people out of their money with those rip off park hours.

MerlinTheGoat

Please - expand on your knowledge of this subject. You are basically accusing those responsible for the safety of our country with doing it for personal gains. Since you seem to know the minds of these individuals, please share. . .
Do you really want to attempt to argue that there aren't corrupt people in the US government and its various branches and programs that WOULDN'T try to abuse the system for personal gain? Really now, don't let's be silly...

So very few (if any) projects of any real importance get accomplished and undertaken in this society without there being SOME kind of political and/or monetary personal gain involved. It's also absurd to think that there aren't corrupt people in there that don't have our best interests at heart. We shouldn't always require it to be spelled out in neon lights and fireworks, both corporate and government people have been known to do it (often together too).

PhotoDave219

Amazing comment. I think Treason pretty much stomps the patriot title. A hero? To some, sure. To those potentially in harms way due to leaked TS information, I am thinking not.

I dont think its Treason. Revealing that the US government is secretly spying on everyone without any accountability? That counts as patriotism, as the program itself goes against the 4th amendment of the constitution.

WildcatDen

Do you really want to attempt to argue that there aren't corrupt people in the US government
Nope. Sure there are.

Just curious, are we any safer due to these programs? Are we? From a lot people around the MSNiverse, we should just waive the white flag and try to all get along cause we all know, the evil in the world is just make believe, right.

But wait, we can not do these things because they are wrong. They violate our rights. OK. Better brush up on your Chinese. . .

PhotoDave219

So CarsLand and Star Wars Land have gone to committee to die?

PhotoDave219

Due EXCLUSIVELY to my military experience, I have been heavily recruited by both of these agencies. That's not propaganda, it's fact. Just because it was reported by this media outlet or that doesn't make it less factual. Here's a tip; start reading. It's a much better source of news than any of the soundbite "journalism" that's spewed from cable news....any of them.

I think soundbyte journalism is the problem. People refusing to put things in context, just aiming for senationalism, being tied to a live shot on a satellite dish.... I despise being lumped in with those SOBs...

WildcatDen

I dont think its Treason. Revealing that the US government is secretly spying on everyone without any accountability? That counts as patriotism, as the program itself goes against the 4th amendment of the constitution.
Oh. That is better. He just said we are spying on the populace? Nothing more? Seems odd to leave the country for something he could have done on Oprah.

So it is confirmed that he has not passed on any TS information? That is a relief.

Back to our Spirited Disney Bashing thread. . .

PhotoDave219

Nah...
Cars Land was cruising along fine until Star Wars elbowed its way to the front of the line. Now, as I hear it, Cars is cooling way off for now. Star Wars is nigh on unstoppable.

Well.... Good. Thats been my general opinion.

Do we have a timetable or is everyone trying to get their pet project part of the budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom