Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

SirOinksALot

Because his theory hangs on anyone who possibly understands technology and can see the elements for what they are individually - must be biased and compromised ... heaven forbid independent thought actually exists and people want truths, not misinformation.
The point I checked out was when 74 claimed a single antenna would be tracking passive RFID over a five-football field radius. The degree to which some have gone to discredit someone... on completely crap grounds, mind you... is rather impressive.

But I would hope that the guy would make full disclosure about his role if it could be relevant at all. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It could just as likely lend some added credence and credibility to his statements.
Really.... I didn't hear you saying this at the beginning of January. Ah that's right, because it relates to your buddy.

SirOinksALot

What happened at the beginning of January?

Needless to say, personal friends have automatic credibility. Strangers on the web? Not so much.
Nah, I think you just like to apply a double standard to maintain a cabal here.

Any articles.... about relevant topics.... and the discussion of the timing.... ring a bell? I mean, it's probably more relevant than the Cisco boondoggle.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Dunno - that's the only association I've heard before.. people trying to be an employee first. I've never heard of preferential treatment for the CPs - so thats why I think the person may have crossed those ideas. But I would think doing a CP would be easier than doing just a regular CM because you won't have the same transfer and quitting constraints that a regular CM has. Your CP is a fixed time, after which you are free..

Uh CP's are on a VERY strict leash.

John

Me? I think Flynni is really a high level CEo who's net worth is in the millions and kidnapped 74's fanbois....he oversold them on the notion of a CP program and actually turned them into somekind of low pay slave labor to actually do the programming for NG. Lee is just trying to be a peace keeper in order to get Flynni to turn over the fanbois back to 74...but first he has to figure out Flynnis real name. He has nailed down to a possible of five people....but ahhhhhhh Flynni with the help of Lazyboy has used his security expertise and somehow hacked into Google and has the ability to change the information we see.

Meanwhile Genie of the lamp just likes everybody and says....cant we all just get along! 74 not standing for anyone absconding his pyscophants....ummm fanbois. Flynni promises to pay them more then minimum wage. MattM wants them to know that they dont have to spend thier life in 74's basement....that they can do whatever they want in life.....if they want to be in public relations and be a faux 1% er then by god they can.

In the end MM+ will either fail or be a complete success....we just dont know. BTW...why dosnt Disney just hire Flynni?

Me I will continue to think that the Ravens are the 2013 Word Champions even though my GF calls me an idiot.

stlphil

While it may not be related at all to the profile-crossing issue, an update to the My Disney Experience app was just posted to the iOS App Store, and the notes for it mention "fixes".

Bolna

Yeah, that'd be an interesting one to know.

Oh - my bet as to why they've not reverted to an older, functioning version? They don't have one. Doesn't matter if it is a SQL issue, session issue, or page coding issue, it should have already been fixed if they had a working version. My bet is the shop that coded it doen't have good QA and testing procedures.

If one of my systems had a problem like that, airplanes might fall out of the sky...seriously. That's as far as I'm willing to tell what I do...

Interestingly though - during the weekend I could not access the new website and after trying to log in a few times, the whole website went back to the old design. I was even able to make a dining reservation with the old website while with the new one I continously had problems. So it seems that the old system is there and at least sometimes - or for some people - they can convert back to it.

scpergj

While it may not be related at all to the profile-crossing issue, an update to the My Disney Experience app was just posted to the iOS App Store, and the notes for it mention "fixes".

Good catch - I just noticed the update on my phone this morning.

scpergj

I would hope not. You just have to be realistic. Deciding as a teen that there's only one company you want to work for is extremely limiting and isn't a smart strategy for your life.

If you want to do the CP, then do it. I don't know anyone who has done it that hasn't enjoyed their time. But you need to understand that it usually doesn't lead to anything. A professional internship is quite different and valuable. If you can get one of those, you absolutely should. because that can help you land a job with other employers. It can help with Disney, but it absolutely doesn't guarantee a thing. I have a friend doing one right now in Resorts.

But the best advice I could ever give you is don't pin all your hopes on one company. Find out what you are good at and try and be the best and learn other skills/disciplines as well and then see where you are at.

Quoted Bolded for emphasis.

My oldest is 15. He has his heart set on being an Imagineer - he is quite gifted, in the AICE program, AP classes, Algebra 2 Honors as a freshman (one heck of a musician, too - saxophone, oboe, and guitar), so the he'll probably be able to handle the engineer stuff he wants to be able to bring to the table. I tell him the same sort of thing you just said - don't limit yourself to a single company. I've refered him over to Eddie's thread a few times and he's seen the advice he gives, too, and is understanding that sometimes you start somewhere else and move into (and out of) exaclty what it is you want to do.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yeah, that'd be an interesting one to know.

Oh - my bet as to why they've not reverted to an older, functioning version? They don't have one. Doesn't matter if it is a SQL issue, session issue, or page coding issue, it should have already been fixed if they had a working version. My bet is the shop that coded it doen't have good QA and testing procedures.

If one of my systems had a problem like that, airplanes might fall out of the sky...seriously. That's as far as I'm willing to tell what I do...

You know, at my work which is a very small outfit (15 scientists and technical support staff) we have a database and a person who manages it. Every time we've had issues, it is because we've made the thing too big. I can't imagine organizing the information that goes into MM+. A lot of it is issues of Disney's own making. They've certainly made the vacation experience more complicated over the years. I called a month ago and asked how they were going to handle FP+'s for someone with ticket vouchers like me. They didn't have a clue. Anyhoo, when we've added to the database we have gone back to the last functioning version whilst the changes were ironed out. Now we have the issue that the person who has managed the database, lo these many years is about to retire, she's a native Chinese speaker, and none of us understand more than 23.7% of what she's done.....I hope Disney is a bit better organized than that, but at this point I'm not sure. I've said it once or twice and I'll say it again, it had to be obvious that this system was NOT ready for prime time. If you have 70,000 on site employees you can do all kinds of tests before subjecting people who have paid a ton of dough for a vacation to this. This, more than anything else I've seen, makes me think that Disney views us as nothing but marks, they don't care if our vacation is compromised....the "guest" treatment is no longer valid.

lazyboy97o

Apps get updated for bug fixes all the time. What's more unusual is the Kindle app update this morning which describes the updates as: Note: There is a known issue with this update. If you are an existing Kindle for iOS user, we recommend you do not install this update at this time."

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Speaking of slave labor, back in the 86-88 time window, they bussed in a lot of HS students for spring break crowds (I have no idea if they still do that). FYI - I went to Armwood HS. If you approach Disney from the gulf coast and you're driving down I-4, you'll drive right by it. It currently looks more like a correctional facility than a HS IMO. Anyhoo, four of my best friends, did that. I had a job that paid more (movie theatre, concessionist) and though I loved WDW, I didn't have the urge to sign up to work during an incredibly busy season. End of the story - after doing this, they knew where some of the doors to the utilidors were located. One slow day whilst visiting with our local off-season passes, someone in our group opened a door, and in we went. We wound up eating in an employees cafeteria since the food was so much cheaper. It must've been end of May (school still in session, not yet summer season, probably right at the end of one of our off-season windows) because I remember the Eastern conference NBA finals (Detroit Bad Boy Pistons) versus the Great but aging Boston Celtics being on a small TV. We got a lot of looks since one in our group had extremely long hair, but we weren't accosted. Sometimes, I look back at that and wonder how close I came to being banned from property as a HS kid. I also wonder whether they would've been organized enough to stop me if I came back when I was older. *sorry for this big drift*

MattM

Me? I think Flynni is really a high level CEo who's net worth is in the millions and kidnapped 74's fanbois....he oversold them on the notion of a CP program and actually turned them into somekind of low pay slave labor to actually do the programming for NG. Lee is just trying to be a peace keeper in order to get Flynni to turn over the fanbois back to 74...but first he has to figure out Flynnis real name. He has nailed down to a possible of five people....but ahhhhhhh Flynni with the help of Lazyboy has used his security expertise and somehow hacked into Google and has the ability to change the information we see.

Meanwhile Genie of the lamp just likes everybody and says....cant we all just get along! 74 not standing for anyone absconding his pyscophants....ummm fanbois. Flynni promises to pay them more then minimum wage. MattM wants them to know that they dont have to spend thier life in 74's basement....that they can do whatever they want in life.....if they want to be in public relations and be a faux 1% er then by god they can.

In the end MM+ will either fail or be a complete success....we just dont know. BTW...why dosnt Disney just hire Flynni?

Me I will continue to think that the Ravens are the 2013 Word Champions even though my GF calls me an idiot.
I think you just won the Internet.

Goofyernmost

Would you Bob Igers just release Song of the South on DVD already?!?!?! I ask every year at the shareholders' meeting, but you never listen! :mad:
I cannot speak for the other :mad: Bob Iger, but I have a DVD of Song of the South, so I'm not really concerned if anyone else has one. In fact, the fewer in circulation the more valuable it is. I need something to supplement my multi-million dollar savings when I retire. I have gotten quite accustomed to the "good life". In the meantime please put on your Magic Band and be quiet. Thank you and have a magical day.

wannab@dis

Isn't it ironic. '74 continually whines about people wanting to know who he is and wanting to keep his info private...

But yet, he and his groupies are the ones out to find personal information about another poster and personally attack them. And, this isn't the first time he's done it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom