Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, so not a whole lot of news going on ... but as I watched the Carnival Trimuph unfold amidst the fetid smell of sewage and despair (knowing full well that the industry needs serious reform and, yes, REGULATION BY THE GOVERNMENT to PROTECT its citizens), I apparently in a streak of madness that I can't quite recall may have booked another DCL voyage for Fall 2014.

djlaosc

And here's news that may be more rumour, but it's about food and we all like that:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/02/rumor-could-disney-be-replacing-pollo.html

Nice to see more confirmation of this rumour from a couple of weeks ago.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-mexican-restaurant-coming-to-downtown-disney.859252/

I've only been to Pollo Campero once, and it was fine, wouldn't necessarily miss it if it was gone, but wouldn't be hoping that it went away either!

WDW1974

Original Poster
A final news tidbit about a subject I am very tired of, but will be going forward regardless.

Apparently, and I use that word since the plans change constantly, are for a MAGICBand test involving a few hundred CMs (many management) 'acting' as guests using DAK Lodge as a base starting this Sunday. At least that is the current plan ... there may be another before this post hits.

Disneyhead'71

I'd hate to be John E. Pepper Jr. reading that article cause they got his name wrong (John Popper) lol
This is John Popper:

john-popper.jpg

Genie of the Lamp

Oh, and the country's second-largest pension fund apparently has some issue with Bob Iger's and TWDC's corporate governance and intend to vote all its shares against Bob and all the BoD members:

http://www.latimes.com/business/mon...st-disney-governance-20130214,0,6424372.story

We who have been following this thread recently have been made aware of this from @wm49rs post on the previous page before this one. But thanks for posting anyways (plus it's albeit more in depth and business related). Even though they are the country's second largest pension fund, they don't seem to have enough representation in the stake of the company (DIS Holdings- 5.3 mllion shares worth $263 million;0.3% representation of the company's outstanding shares). But hey you know what it's a start and if they can install this mindset (using Eisner's ouster as an example) into enough of the higher up shareholders in the next year maybe Mr.Iger won't get his fairytale ending exit and year commanding the board after all.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's all about ROI. The P&R capital being spent in Asia is to tap into the exploding Chinese middle class, the Disney core demographic. As long as the Chinese economy doesn't implode then the rate of return on that money is going to be way higher than if it was spent at WDW. Not to mention that the Florida State Government nor the US Federal Government is going to kick in 57% of the cost to build something like the Chinese Government are in Shanghai.

Carsland is the anomaly. TWDC had to spend that money to fix the black eye caused by cheaping out on CA in the first place (IMHO).

What do you think they'll have to spend in O-Town when people realize what UNI and SW have been doing all these years?

As to China, I wish the MK were half as well run as HKDL. It beats MK on all the basics and in the not too distant future will at least equal it in attractions too.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not sure if it has been brought up yet, but let's give @WDW1974 a round of a applause for finally selecting an avatar. Well done, it's been a long time coming. Clearly though, your photo is too revealing and TDO will finally out you and shut you down. Le sigh....

I can't help but think that I should have 'offed' the photographer before he could talk ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's about time he got with he program.
And I must draw attention to the excellent camera work on display. Whoever took that shot of DHS's "hidden 74" is clearly a talent and a man to be reckoned with. Genius at work.
;)

I'm not sure you recall exactly where said photo was snapped. But I do appreciate the folks who put in the 'Hidden 74' ... and I also like the fact the Disney point is being used as well.

As to photo quality, all I'll say is @WDWFigment could have done much, much better!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was only making a point to the guy who wanted rumors and less same ole, same ole by showing that making up rumors for the sake of a discussion board really does nobody any good.

Should have conspired something with @WDW1974 and @Lee to give it some credibility though ;)

Only 'news' I could add I just did ... test of MAGICBands.

I have heard a rumour from a terrific source that there will also be a test for bloggers/Lifestylers in the near future, but I don't have details yet.

Oh, and a Happy Valentine's Day to all who believe there's only one day a year you should tell the important people how important they are to you ... I believe the Spirit of love should be celebrated everyday.

But if any fanboi wants to send me chocolates, then I'll gladly accept ... but @Lee will be my official taster as you can never be too careful.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Won't happen.
He has an end date already. They won't dump him early.

True enough. But he could leave early on his own ... OR be pushed aside if someone Disney is interested in is available and won't be down the road.

The talk, no matter how much they try and spin it, is that Staggs has almost no chance at this position (he is simply the internal fallback) yet that drumbeat keeps going ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
We who have been following this thread recently have been made aware of this from @wm49rs post on the previous page before this one. But thanks for posting anyways (plus it's albeit more in depth and business related). Even though they are the country's second largest pension fund, they don't seem to have enough representation in the stake of the company (DIS Holdings- 5.3 mllion shares worth $263 million;0.3% representation of the company's outstanding shares). But hey you know what it's a start and if they can install this mindset (using Eisner's ouster as an example) into enough of the higher up shareholders in the next year maybe Mr.Iger won't get his fairytale ending exit and year commanding the board after all.

That's how you must look at it.

There's no way you'd ever get enough votes to oust him or any BoD members. ... But there comes a point when you don't have to as Michael found out in 2004. When you have a large minority of shareholders that aren't happy with you, then the reality is you don't wind up getting to stick around.

That isn't happening here. But it isn't a sign of faith in management, regardless.

Goofyernmost

But if any fanboi wants to send me chocolates, then I'll gladly accept ... but @Lee will be my official taster as you can never be too careful.
I can see why you might be conflicted about "offing" him then. Could end up with the wrong dead man telling no tales.:cool: Also means that I'll have to change my plans. I'll need to cancel my order for Arsenic, chocolates ...chocolates, I meant to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom