Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Disneyhead'71

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel that you definitely get your money's worth. Just add up what it costs you for a 3-D 'IMAX' experience:

Here in Nashville, it's $17.00 just to buy the ticket to sit in the dark for 2 hours for what you hope is a good movie.

Most hockey tickets go for more than $60.00 for another 2 hours of a hopefully good game. (maybe your children won't hear the 'fan' behind you cursing at every play.)

Concert tickets keep going through the roof for another 2 hours of 'entertainment'.

I think Disney gets a bad rap for $90 dollar tickets while Univeral and SeaWorld are in lock step right with them.

All three theme parks offer your monies worth IMO. (haven't heard much about LegoLand)

:)
But I think the big difference is (Non-FL Resident prices including tax):

3 Day Parkhopper:

UOR: $165.09
WDW: $318.44

4 Day Parkhopper:

UOR: $172.54
WDW: $333.35

Annual Pass:

UOR: $279.04
WDW: $611.31

SWO/BGT/Aquatica

14 day Parkhopper: $159.00
SWO Only AP: $243.89
SWO/BGT/Aquatica AP: $351.05

Genie of the Lamp

It's the "hidden 74" at DHS.
(On account of how all his screen names have "74" in them.)
See...imagineers love him...

Hey @Lee, that hidden 74 avatar photo that Mr.Spirit has now, does it have do to with a certain lighting relay control device/electric panel imagineers use for certain DHS attractions' electrical maintenance and what not similar to this product:

http://www.bodine.com/downloads/install/GTD20A.inst.(std).70100022.pdf

Or this:

http://www.lightguard.com/instruction_sheets/FLTC20-install.pdf

Just curious.

Lee

Adventurer
Hey @Lee, that hidden 74 avatar photo that Mr.Spirit has now, does it have do to with a certain lighting relay control device/electric panel imagineers use for certain DHS attractions' electrical maintenance and what not similar to this product:

http://www.bodine.com/downloads/install/GTD20A.inst.(std).70100022.pdf

Or this:

http://www.lightguard.com/instruction_sheets/FLTC20-install.pdf

Just curious.
I have no idea what any of that is...so probably not.

Don't read too much into it.

rioriz

But I think the big difference is (Non-FL Resident prices including tax):

3 Day Parkhopper:

UOR: $165.09
WDW: $318.44

4 Day Parkhopper:

UOR: $172.54
WDW: $333.35

Annual Pass:

UOR: $279.04
WDW: $611.31

SWO/BGT/Aquatica

14 day Parkhopper: $159.00
SWO Only AP: $243.89
SWO/BGT/Aquatica AP: $351.05
How do you account for WDW having 4 parks and UOR 2? if you double the 172.54 (2 extra parks) it comes out about to the WDW price (not discussing amount or qualities of attractions)

tracyandalex

So was there some sort of dog & pony show for front line CMs today about NGE?

CMs were showed a lovely commercial for NGE at least twice recently. From what I have heard not all are convinced. Supposedly your wristbands will be mailed to you in advance and you will be able to go right to your hotel room if you do online check-in and all info will of course be already loaded on your magic shackle. I don't know at what stage that will be rolled out, but from what I have heard that is the plan.

HMF

I think 9/11 was more the impetus of government change.. as it gave government the excuse for radical action. The culture shift is more generational. 80s was materialistic, 90s was excess, and 00's has been the 'me me me' explosion. The difference now is the change has spread to many generations and not just the latest. So it's not just kids, but 20s, 30s, and upwards.

IMHO - its the unintended consequences of the comfy, coddling, everyone is a winner mentality that started in the late 90s. People are raised to think 'no one suffers' and then they throw a fit when someone tells them 'tough'.
It's things like the current Spaceship Earth script that really have me concerned about kids today. Case in point when I first rode Spaceship Earth and heard the Jeremy Irons narration when I was 9 years old I completely understood it, what it meant and was completely inspired by it. I walked off that ride feeling completely enlightened. With the new narration you either think Disney thinks kids are dumb or perhaps kids really are getting dumber, I am hoping the former because I believe talking down to kids is a dangerous thing and kids are actually a lot smarter than it seems Disney gives them credit for I mean "Thank the Phonecians" "Rome built the First World wide Web" and "The first back-up system" it's insulting.

Disneyhead'71

How do you account for WDW having 4 parks and UOR 2? if you double the 172.54 (2 extra parks) it comes out about to the WDW price (not discussing amount or qualities of attractions)
Well if you don't discuss the amount or quality of the attractions then the whole argument is pointless. Universal's 2 parks have roughly the same amount of rides as DAK, DHS, and EPCOT combined. And a lot of the attractions at Universal are truly state of the art mind blowing attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom