Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

jt04

Not so.
'74 has made it clear, as have I, that Disney is getting ready to spend some major dollars at WDW.
This includes a major project(s) at DHS and possibly a greatly reduced Pandora at AK.

As for the idea that Diney passed on Potter as a gift to Uni....that is completely untrue, and rather ridiculous.

So couldn't we just refer to the major projects as part of a 'normal business cycle' I have been telling people about rather than the deceptively worded 'spirited change'?

I demand my props. o_O

jt04

I thought it was that JK Rowling would not give up the required element of control that TWDC wanted.

This is what we are told but I have also heard the opposite. Namely this was a straw dog because the mouse decided the boy wizard was just a bad match for a Disney castle park. Probably a wise choice.

PhotoDave219

So couldn't we just refer to the major projects as part of a 'normal business cycle' I have been telling people about rather than the deceptively worded 'spirited change'?

I demand my props. o_O

I have yet to see evidence of any expansions as being part of a 'normal business cycle.'

Maybe in the late 80s/mid 90s....

PhotoDave219

This is what we are told but I have also heard the opposite. Namely this was a straw dog because the mouse decided the boy wizard was just a bad match for a Disney castle park. Probably a wise choice.

Dont go down that conspiracy route.... I have more respect for you than that... c'mon man.....

jt04

I have yet to see evidence of any expansions as being part of a 'normal business cycle.'

Maybe in the late 80s/mid 90s....

I think this could be documented. From adding SM/PotC then Epcot, then MGM, then the Disney Decade, then DAK. There does seem to be regular major capital investments in WDW theme parks. Hopefully we are on the verge of another. Poor Mr Lutz.

jt04

Dont go down that conspiracy route.... I have more respect for you than that... c'mon man.....

Deciding Potter was just not right for Disney is no conspiracy theory. And I was not the first to suggest this is what happened. Don't you find it interesting that some began to tell a similar story about James Cameron as was said about JK? And Mr Cameron has a track record of being able to get a theme park attraction built.

I could fully understand Disney not wanting Potter due to the percolating controversy at the time.

jt04

Your definition of "regular" and mine seem to differ greatly.

I contend WDW got pushed back once Shanghai got approved. I have no problem with that. By delaying WDW could get some much better tech. Just look at the amazing new add at HKDL. From robotics to lighting to projections, just mind-boggling progress.

lazyboy97o

Deciding Potter was just not right for Disney is no conspiracy theory. And I was not the first to suggest this is what happened. Don't you find it interesting that some began to tell a similar story about James Cameron as was said about JK? And Mr Cameron has a track record of being able to get a theme park attraction built.

I could fully understand Disney not wanting Potter due to the percolating controversy at the time.
Who decided the Boy Who Lived was not right for DIsney? Who else has said this? Did Rowling not get a theme park attraction built?

lazyboy97o

I contend WDW got pushed back once Shanghai got approved. I have no problem with that. By delaying WDW could get some much better tech. Just look at the amazing new add at HKDL. From robotics to lighting to projections, just mind-boggling progress.
Shanghai Disneyland has been in the works since before negotiations began with the Government of Hong Kong regarding what would become the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

jt04

Who decided the Boy Who Lived was not right for DIsney? Who else has said this? Did Rowling not get a theme park attraction built?

Yes she did which bolsters my point that she was not impossible to work with. That dog does not hunt. I have no idea who might have made the decision for Disney to pass on the franchise. Personally I am quite happy Potter is not at the MK. Just would not have worked thematically IMO.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Not so.
'74 has made it clear, as have I, that Disney is getting ready to spend some major dollars at WDW.
This includes a major project(s) at DHS and possibly a greatly reduced Pandora at AK.

As for the idea that Diney passed on Potter as a gift to Uni....that is completely untrue, and rather ridiculous.

Iger has said they just didn't like the terms at the time. When asked if he regretted it he said he doesn't like to dwell on things but he knows the HP at Uni is a big hit. I respected the response I suppose. They just need to start firing shots back.

jt04

Shanghai Disneyland has been in the works since before negotiations began with the Government of Hong Kong regarding what would become the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

Even the spirit had serious doubts it would happen and even claimed it would not as long as Iger was CEO. When the deal happened it happened suddenly. And almost all attention got focused there it appears.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
The best part about about the dealings with James Cameron have pretty much showed that J.K. Rowling was right to take Potter to Universal over Disney.

Actually they passed on her first. It is funny because they got what they didn't want with her with this whole Cameron/Pandora thing.

TalkingHead

Your logic is incredibly tortured. But suffice it to say, there's superior tech from 10 years ago that still hasn't been introduced to WDW. Maybe they should wait another 10 years to start seriously plussing the parks' attractions, because just think how good the tech will be by then! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

Yes she did which bolsters my point that she was not impossible to work with. That dog does not hunt. I have no idea who might have made the decision for Disney to pass on the franchise. Personally I am quite happy Potter is not at the MK. Just would not have worked thematically IMO.
Whether or not a person is "impossible" to work with is not objective. While Person A may find Person C "impossible," Person B may be able to work well with Person C. And you are obviously not familiar with the development history of the project, like how Rowling had Universal Creative toss out their original idea to reskin Merlinwood and bring in people from Warner Bros.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom