Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

WDW1974

Original Poster
The Keys to the Kingdom: The Rise of Michael Eisner and the Fall of Everybody Else by Kim Masters.

The Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life by Steven Watts is also another good book, and probably my favorite biography of Walt.

These are both must reads for anyone who wants insight into the company and the men behind it.

I will say that Masters didn't always have her facts correct in the book (sometimes on simple things), but it still is a great read. I often thought about asking Michael to sign my copy (more as a joke) but was afraid I might see his temper, which I never personally witnessed.

stlphil

On a late to the game subject as I began packing tonight for my latest Faux Top One Percent Spring Holiday, I wound up finally catching Tangled on ABC Family.

Frankly, (no, not talking to you, JT) I think the film deserves more than a toilet complex at the MK. It was absolutely wonderful ... and I watched with my 73-year-old Dad who said 'Disney can still make great films' ... so I'm a bit sorry sorry it took so long to catch up and see it. ... Now, I have plans to see Oz, Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness (two days before it opens nationally!) and I keep seeing more films I'd like to see ... even, dare I say it, the latest Tom Cruise sci-fi flick.

As for Tangled, I'd put it right up there with all but the very best Disney 90s and Pixar 00s films. It was certainly better than both Brave and Wreck It Ralph and I liked both of those quite a bit.

While we are throwing out opinions on Tangled- My all time favorite animated film is Beauty and the Beast. I think Tangled is every bit as good in story and heart, but the music and singing are not nearly as memorable or integral to the story (for example, having Angela Lansbury instead of a more "polished" singer do the title song within BATB was brilliant) knocking Tangled down a couple of notches. Still great though, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

luv

Because of things I've read here, I did some web surfing and read an old article about disney fans that quoted a guy who said something like he couldn't date because that would interfere with his love of Disney. I believe this guy would have been termed a "lifestyler" around here.

Young Disney lovers, get out of the parks. Ask someone out. Ask many someones, if you need to. Go to dinner and a movie. Play putt-putt golf. Go for a walk. Go to a bar. Kiss a girl! Have some fun!

Life is short! Do not miss out on the best parts of it because you are too busy collecting Disney napkins.

That is all.

PeterAlt

I'd like to see TDL myself ...
A WDW park. Should have been clear. This will officially break my boycott.

DAK - good candidate since the only E-ticket I haven't seen yet is here
DHS - Star Tours 2.0, TSM are the only things I have not seen here, also TZToT and RRRC are some of my favorites
MK - Mermaid, FLE, Stitch -have not seen, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, PotC, IASW upgrades have not seen.
EC - Nemo redo of LS is only thing I have not seen

I'm thinking also of also going to LTM on May 24...

PeterAlt

OK, so do you want a cookie?

I barely have time to be here these days and I don't read every post on even this thread. I do read Variety and THR daily and usually check in on Deadline.com as well ... for business ... and often find things that help explain what is going on at Disney and in the business.
As long as it's not a fortune cookie, we're good. Lol

stevehousse

WDW1974, not to go too off topic, but you say you are a 1 percenter, what is it that you did, I am assuming you are retired now??? This is not a negative thread, I am just very curious! I love all your posts! I am assuming you worked for Disney with all the insider info you get??? enjoy your vacation!

PeterAlt

Okay, it was $19 billion in 1996 and Disney paid one Disney share and $60 for each ABC/Caps Cities share. It was the second largest merger in corporate history at that time. Iger was the top brass of ABC's under the title of president.

PhotoDave219

Because of things I've read here, I did some web surfing and read an old article about disney fans that quoted a guy who said something like he couldn't date because that would interfere with his love of Disney. I believe this guy would have been termed a "lifestyler" around here.

Young Disney lovers, get out of the parks. Ask someone out. Ask many someones, if you need to. Go to dinner and a movie. Play putt-putt golf. Go for a walk. Go to a bar. Kiss a girl! Have some fun!

Life is short! Do not miss out on the best parts of it because you are too busy collecting Disney napkins.

That is all.

Coitus. You forgot Coitus.

Its a passtime rather enjoyed by many a princess around here. :D

PhotoDave219

These are both must reads for anyone who wants insight into the company and the men behind it.

I will say that Masters didn't always have her facts correct in the book (sometimes on simple things), but it still is a great read. I often thought about asking Michael to sign my copy (more as a joke) but was afraid I might see his temper, which I never personally witnessed.

I would love to sit around and pick Michael Eisner's brain about this company.

I truly believe he loved this company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom