Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

ParentsOf4

Since I already have at least 20 posts expressing my concern about my location being tracked by a corporation, I particularly appreciated this tidbit from Disney's official response:

"We will not share location information collected in connection with the MagicBand throughout The Walt Disney Company without the consent of the guest."

In other words, Disney will collect location information but not share it if you can figure out which one of about 50 boxes to uncheck. But they will still collect and use it. They just won't share it. Didn't their parents ever teach them to share?:rolleyes:

Seriously, this is the start of corporations tracking us. Give it 20 years and you'll yearn for the days when it was with as primitive technology as Disney uses today with MagicBands.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”

WDW1974

Original Poster
74 earlier I asked a question, the reason for asking was to find out what agenda if any do you have?

And if I tell you that my agenda is for WDW to be run in the best interests of its guests, fans, cast and shareholders, you don't like that. Because you're looking for something deeper ... even if it isn't there. Sorry, but Daisy Duck didn't molest me when I was a kid, I'm not upset that I'm not a social media who lives in the parks and I REALLY never wanted to be an Imagineer.

I could ask you what agenda if any you have ...

I've read this thread from the beginning and it seems lately that it has been bombarded by trolls and other posters who are definitely out to derail the thread. I have seen posts in this thread about rubes,obese children and people worried about child endangerment. The range of topics here really is astounding.
I've also seen posts by you yourself asking us all not to feed the trolls I truly commend you on that, why I some times wonder if all the rhetoric doesn't sometimes obscure the message.

I'm not here to debate my writing voice with you or anyone else. Trolls go where there's meat ... they are like zombies. Some of them even post under multiple names/IPs. The fact they are here and not in other threads is a testament to the fact my message is getting out. They're here to drown it out ... but you know that.

From some of the posts I've seen I wonder if this is a real issue for you or if its just a lightning rod topic to encourage page hits. I just don't see why comments have been made about making the thread bigger than Sotto's.

It's called a joke. Since Eddie sits in his ivory tower thread and doesn't rub elbows with the rest of us. I'm not here to encourage page hits. If I were, then I'd be asking Steve for some $$$. I'm here because I enjoy the site, enjoy many of the posters and like talking about Disney, theme parks and the entertainment business.

I also don't understand the need to call guests rubes and to make statements that the majority of guests are overweight. It just makes me wonder are the statements made to feed an ego or are they meant out of genuine concern. I know now I will get posts asking if I'm trolling absolutely not, can I stop reading this thread sure. Again this isn't a personal attack just questions and pondering.

Really? You sure about that? I sense some ego here and I sense someone trying to derail the thread just in a sorta passive aggressive manner since full-on trolling has proven to be an abject failure.

Maybe you have an ego? Not sure where you'd get it from though. You don't exactly have a long history here ... sorta came out of nowhere and all and started parroting what others were saying.

A lot of people are following, I know posters believe Disney is watching this, but hpw would they most of the posts are rhetoric, the trolls come in ask some really good questions then they follow it up with idiocy and then we, me included,do the same thing back. I'd just like to see the hard questions answered. It doesn't help the message if its wrapped in venom, like I said a lot of people,have asked good questions but it looks like anytime anyone here challenges you, the questions either go unanswered or they are labeled a troll.

Why are the questions for me? Shouldn't the questions be for Disney? And, no, I won't respond to a troll. And I don't have time to respond to every post directed at me, but I try to.

It just seems like you've become a tad bit out of sorts and want to turn this into a discussion on me versus substance. I find that strange ... for a fellow 'insider' and all.

So it was wrong for the congressman to question MyMagic+? got it! Lets just let corporations go about there buisness unquestioned and everything will be alright!

So it is okay for the congressman to tell a company how to run itself instead of I dont know doing what they were elected to do and RUN THE COUNTRY.

ParentsOf4

So it was wrong for the congressman to question MyMagic+? got it! Lets just let corporations go about there buisness unquestioned and everything will be alright!
I know a lot of tobacco, bank, and auto companies that would agree with that statement 100%.:eek: Government oversight is "bad".

I've never been a Big Government person. I'm surprised it took Disney to make me reconsider my position.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Which gets back to my rant on Disney's poison management culture that has taken root since the end of Eisner's reign. Eisner did great things for this company (Saved it, actually) but I don't agree with his management style or the management culture he created within the company.

Sadly, I haven't seen Bob do anything to disuade that culture.

That's because there hasn't been any change.

Look at the recent round of P&R changes ... not one exec was fired ... not one outsider was brought in ... they just did the proverbial rearranging of deck chairs. George gets a happy (we'll see!) homecoming in O-Town and Michael gets closer to his eventual position in Burbank finances.

TestTrack Dummy

So it is okay for the congressman to tell a company how to run itself instead of I dont know doing what they were elected to do and RUN THE COUNTRY.
Read the congressmans letter again. He asked Iger to answer some QUESTIONS on MyMagic+, he didn't tell Iger to scrap the program. Secondly he was doing what he was elected to do he is Co-Chairman of the Congressional Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus.
- Made sure to bold and underline some stuff like your pal Iger.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I now know why this is happening after the PM you sent me I can understand why, I ask you some simple questions and you twist the whole thing into I'm going soft or am intentionally undermining you, you ask me if the reason I posted earlier was because your the number 1 go to guy here and I could possibly be jealous, I ask this are you truly that delusional that you'd think that the majority of people worry about what their Internet cred is. You twisted everything I said and wouldn't give it true response just a canned one. You know it's said your really are that insecure about your place here, iw went challenging you I simply asked valid questions. But of course no where do you call me soft and say I'm sticking up for trolls in your response just in a pm. So to openly are this no 74 I'm not nor ever will be after your #1 spot. Also before you call someone soft please have a good reason for it. Now you'll say I'm trolling or you'll question my agenda as you did in the pm. My agenda this used to be fun, but I don't considered getting condescending pm's fun anymore. I really understand the trolls are here not due to the message but due to the messenger. I was respectful to you, I see what that gets me

I don't have a clue what your agenda is. But taking things that were private and placing them here takes ALL your credibility away. There's a reason PMs are called PRIVATE. And this isn't the first time you've pulled this with someone here. So, I'm not going further. ...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
That's because there hasn't been any change.

Look at the recent round of P&R changes ... not one exec was fired ... not one outsider was brought in ... they just did the proverbial rearranging of deck chairs. George gets a happy (we'll see!) homecoming in O-Town and Michael gets closer to his eventual position in Burbank finances.

I want the finances job... I will wear the band! Lol jk but seriously I'd like the job. Entry level is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom