Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

M.rudolf

Could you elaborate? Why would a single passive tag be less cost efficient than two, and have more of a size issue? I'd think it would be the other way around.
I'm saying if you have 2 sensors condensed into the size of one chip it would be more, more than likely they are using the 2 sensors for different applications like one for charges, one for doors, the wifi for location.

M.rudolf

The FP passive chip system wouldn't be tied into the credit card passive chip system, hence, less chance for hackers getting the credit card info, IMHO.
There is no credit card info tied to the chip. The credit card info is stored on the servers. Your bracelet is the key, server the lock. If you think a hacker is going to go thru the trouble of hacking the wrong part of the device,think again, hackers aren't inherently stupid

Pixiedustmaker

I'm saying if you have 2 sensors condensed into the size of one chip it would be more, more than likely they are using the 2 sensors for different applications like one for charges, one for doors, the wifi for location.

Sensors? I though we were talking about the MagicBand, not the Mickey pole sensor thingy.

Pixiedustmaker

There is no credit card info tied to the chip. The credit card info is stored on the servers. Your bracelet is the key, server the lock. If you think a hacker is going to go thru the trouble of hacking the wrong part of the device,think again, hackers aren't inherently stupid

I know that . . . but there is a magic number on the MagicBand that allows you to spend money from the credit card, that is what the hackers want that magic number, not the one that just let's them steel your Fast Passes.

Perhaps different encryption schemes.

M.rudolf

Sensors? I though we were talking about the MagicBand, not the Mickey pole sensor thingy.
We are the sensors are in the magic band. Did you think that it's was a magic piece of plastic sorcerer Mickey sprinkles with fairy dust to make it work. We're we're talking about both actually

Pixiedustmaker

We are the sensors are in the magic band. Did you think that it's was a magic piece of plastic sorcerer Mickey sprinkles with fairy dust to make it work. We're we're talking about both actually

I think of a sensor as something that "read" something, not something that "transmits" something, as far as I can tell the Magic Band only transmits certain identifying information.

I think the proper terminology is RFID tag and RFID reader or interrogator.

M.rudolf

I know that . . . but there is a magic number on the MagicBand that allows you to spend money from the credit card, that is what the hackers want that magic number, not the one that just let's them steel your Fast Passes.

Perhaps different encryption schemes.
Of course different encryption schemes and different frequencies there are safeguards of course, lets just hope they are all in place

spiritofNorway

I really dont see why everyone is so worried about this location stuff and people actually bringing in child molestation into this new MagicBand discussion part.

Im bigtime into privacy, but I dont see the problem with Disney being able to locate you if they want based on when you buy something or check in at an attraction. Its opening up a new world of what can be done with this MagicBand, like people say it seems like they are planning scavengerhunts or something as well. Its a good move of Disney to make payments as easy as just taping the terminals. It will be so much easier for people to use more money at the parks.

And people, Disney has so much security (hidden too) and videocameras all over the parks, they can find you anyway if they wanted to. Cameras are hidden everywhere, its always fun to point them out and find new ones at parks. My favourite one is in a Splash Mountain sign... :p

And with this FP+, you should only be able to make 3 reservations? So there should be possibilities to get regular FP as well for the people who visit without knowing of this system. I dont really see the problem. People will have the possibility to at least do three of their favourite rides when they arrive in Disney. Now when the parks also strictly enforce the times on FP, its not too much FP lines if you go at the right times.

M.rudolf

I think of a sensor as something that "read" something, not something that "transmits" something, as far as I can tell the Magic Band only transmits certain identifying information.
Technically they are both sensors, what do you call the things that stores put on clothing to deter theft, usually a sensor

Pixiedustmaker

I really dont see why everyone is so worried about this location stuff and people actually bringing in child molestation into this new MagicBand discussion part.

Im bigtime into privacy, but I dont see the problem with Disney being able to locate you if they want based on when you buy something or check in at an attraction. Its opening up a new world of what can be done with this MagicBand, like people say it seems like they are planning scavengerhunts or something as well. Its a good move of Disney to make payments as easy as just taping the terminals. It will be so much easier for people to use more money at the parks.

And people, Disney has so much security (hidden too) and videocameras all over the parks, they can find you anyway if they wanted to. Cameras are hidden everywhere, its always fun to point them out and find new ones at parks. My favourite one is in a Splash Mountain sign... :p

And with this FP+, you should only be able to make 3 reservations? So there should be possibilities to get regular FP as well for the people who visit without knowing of this system. I dont really see the problem. People will have the possibility to at least do three of their favourite rides when they arrive in Disney. Now when the parks also strictly enforce the times on FP, its not too much FP lines if you go at the right times.

Good points.

Pixiedustmaker

Technically they are both sensors, what do you call the things that stores put on clothing to deter theft, usually a sensor

I don't that much about RFID, but I know about basic electronics and about different types of sensors.

Photosensor
Moisturesensor
Vibrationsensor

and on and on . . .

A passive RFID *tag* doesn't sense anything.

The correct term seems to be "tag" for a passive RFID chip, which doesn't have power, and needs to be close enough to a magnetic field to get juice via induction.

There is an RFID tag sensor, but that appears to be the machine that read the tag, i.e. reader or interrogator.

M.rudolf

I don't that much about RFID, but I know about basic electronics and about different types of sensors.

Photosensor
Moisturesensor
Vibrationsensor

and on and on . . .

A passive RFID *tag* doesn't sense anything.

The correct term seems to be "tag" for a passive RFID chip, which doesn't have power, and needs to be close enough to a magnetic field to get juice via induction.

There is an RFID tag sensor, but that appears to be the machine that read the tag, i.e. reader or interrogator.
You do know most moisture and vibration sensors aren't power next time you get your cell wet look for the sensor that turns pink, then look for the power source I don't think you'll find one. Can it be called a tag sure, but it also can correctly called a sensor, if it doesn't sense anything how would it know to transmit its signal to the receiver

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Not to be the next gen buzz kill but I've been watching fireworks videos online and DHS could do some cool stuff. They should revamp the park with more SW and some other IP. Then make a fireworks show that celebrates the movies and television shows. I think it would be outstanding... Gotta milk that epic SW theme!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom