Spirit of Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by RobFL
Ever realize how Ryan is like a mythological monster your 8th grade boyfriend would know about? Everytime you cut it's head off it grows two back.. note the other threads in chit-chat that are ryan-esque.

Bonus point: What movie do i allude to in this post?

-Rob

I don't know... Hercules? :confused:

WDWspider

Sorry, why didn't you say something. I viewed it as a Running gag really. Just a vehicle, like the whole Ewok thing. I understand the different posts though. Like the Scooby Doo chat. Still fun is good in moderations... even Fievel had smilie posts from time to time.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
MK...you hit it on the head...NO MORE "milestones" NO MORE "see who's gonna be on top" NO MORE "mindless...err...ok nevermind about that one :lol: "

So...I'm gonna give some background of myself...and I think maybe we should all do a little of this...so that people can get to know "US" a little more and maybe grow a little closer and not just post smilies or whatever.

Most of you know that my name is Brian
I work for a major glass/panel company in Boston in the engineering department.
Our company has been involved in some of the attractions/buildings at WDW (including Spaceship Earth and Mission Space)

If there's anything else people need to know feel free to ask...I really dont' have MANY secrets and I kinda would like to get to know you guys a little more...I do know a lot about some of you...but I'm always interested in "MEETING" new peeps

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I've been thinking, and mulling over the posts about what happened to Ryan...

I think the PML is to blame. I dunno why, but no one labeled a "Contributer" has posted in this thread, but they were more than ready to defend the death of Ryan.

Maybe we were having more fun than they thought non-paying members ought to..?

-Rob

:rolleyes:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
Sorry, why didn't you say something. I viewed it as a Running gag really. Just a vehicle, like the whole Ewok thing. I understand the different posts though. Like the Scooby Doo chat. Still fun is good in moderations... even Fievel had smilie posts from time to time.

That's all I'm saying: moderation. If we take it easy and pay attention we'll be able to have all the fun we used to regardless of what's going on.

DMC-12

Tigger posts a "Calling Everyone Else!" thread just before ryan dies, a sign of feeling left out from the thread...

And then Fievel talks about how he'd rather post such chatter in the PML.

I think maybe an elitest group wasn't feeling elite enough.. If Ryan was killed cuz new members were alienated by it.. why do we still have a premium member lounge which even some old timers don't have access to...?!?

This stinks of politics. *grumbles*

-Rob

I dunno....why dont they cough up the 5 bucks a month to help keep this site running?

You..are talking out of your A$$ and know nothing Obviously...so shut your cakehole!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
MK...you hit it on the head...NO MORE "milestones" NO MORE "see who's gonna be on top" NO MORE "mindless...err...ok nevermind about that one :lol: "

So...I'm gonna give some background of myself...and I think maybe we should all do a little of this...so that people can get to know "US" a little more and maybe grow a little closer and not just post smilies or whatever.

Most of you know that my name is Brian
I work for a major glass/panel company in Boston in the engineering department.
Our company has been involved in some of the attractions/buildings at WDW (including Spaceship Earth and Mission Space)

If there's anything else people need to know feel free to ask...I really dont' have MANY secrets and I kinda would like to get to know you guys a little more...I do know a lot about some of you...but I'm always interested in "MEETING" new peeps

Wow, great idea, Freak! And GREAT job as well! :lol:

Well, I'm Rodrigo, or Roddy for short. Many of you also know that I'm a translator and subtitler, mainly for movies, for cable and DVD. I've been part of the WDW International Program as Custodial (thus my nickname). I have a girlfriend, Julia, who's WDW-illiterate, and I'm planning on changing that on January 2005 when *hopefully* we'll get married and take a WDW honeymoon.

NEXT!!!! :D

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12

I dunno....why dont they cough up the 5 bucks a month to help keep this site running?

You..are talking out of your A$$ and know nothing Obviously...so shut your cakehole!

C'mon bud...please don't start this...I thought it was ended...
Look, some people can't afford the 5 bucks a month...should that mean that they shouldn't be able to have fun on this Disney site...if so, then Steve should make it mandatory to pay. I dunno, I for one enjoy this site and I wouldn't mind paying the 5 bucks a month but there are SOME people who can't afford it and because of that, they shouldn't be shut out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people are shutting others out...I'm just responding to your post.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Do we move on and jsut ignore DMC...? or do we point out he really didn't help "defend the character" or his cause with a statement like that...

-Rob

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial

Well, I'm Rodrigo, or Roddy for short. Many of you also know that I'm a translator and subtitler, mainly for movies, for cable and DVD. I've been part of the WDW International Program as Custodial (thus my nickname). I have a girlfriend, Julia, who's WDW-illiterate, and I'm planning on changing that on January 2005 when *hopefully* we'll get married and take a WDW honeymoon.

I think I did know about Julia...I believe you mentioned not seeing her for a couple of weeks or something and you were really sad about it. Ok...if you're a translator...how do you say "Please stand clear of the doors?" :lol:

And see...I've seen your posts but never KNEW you...now I feel like I know you a little better...Roddy

WDWspider

OK, you guys have sure squeezed info out of me a lot lately...

I'm Jamie. I am an Engineer/Drafter at a Kitchen/Bath Cabinet Manufacturer. I concentrate on Special Orders and Modifications. I use AutoCAD heavily and and have a creative imagination I long to use at Pixar or as an attraction Imagineer someday when life permits. I love Spider-man in general, IOA, Busch Gardens, and Amusement Parks in general, and all things Disney. I have a son Nicholas, a wife Wendy, and a cat Baby.

Next...

DMC-12

Do we move on and jsut ignore DMC...? or do we point out he really didn't help "defend the character" or his cause with a statement like that...

-Rob

Ok... the PML was created cause this site was getting so many hits and with all the content on it...it was costing a small fortune...NOW...Steve could not afford to pay this out his pocket every month....so instead of the site going under...the PML was created as a perk to those who help fund the site....

Long story short... w/o the PML...this site probly would of shut down last fall.

MKCustodial

C'mon bud...please don't start this...I thought it was ended...
Look, some people can't afford the 5 bucks a month...should that mean that they shouldn't be able to have fun on this Disney site...if so, then Steve should make it mandatory to pay. I dunno, I for one enjoy this site and I wouldn't mind paying the 5 bucks a month but there are SOME people who can't afford it and because of that, they shouldn't be shut out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people are shutting others out...I'm just responding to your post.

Yeah, Jer. It's not that I don't wanna pay, but to me it'd be around 20 bucks a month as of right now, not mentioning if the dollar rates keep going up. Sorry, but as much as I'd like to, I just can't do it.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster

Ok... the PML was created cause this site was getting so many hits and with all the content on it...it was costing a small fortune...NOW...Steve could not afford to pay this out his pocket every month....so instead of the site going under...the PML was created as a perk to those who help fund the site....

Long story short... w/o the PML...this site probly would of shut down last fall.

I understand that Jer...and it's great that some people can help out and make it possible for all to benefit.

I just don't feel that it's a NECESSITY for ALL to contribute if they dont' have it. I'm sorry to bring 9/11 into it...but because somebody didn't have money to donate at the time...does that make them less of a patriotic citizen?

RobFL

Account Suspended

And out of it grew an elitest group...

We're Disney fans, we know all about the issues with elite groups popping up when a perk is offered for a price.

You have resort snobs and those obnoxious people with premium annual passes who think they should get special treatment at the parks, like unlimited fast passes.

-Rob

WDWspider

Yeah, Jer. It's not that I don't wanna pay, but to me it'd be around 20 bucks a month as of right now, not mentioning if the dollar rates keep going up. Sorry, but as much as I'd like to, I just can't do it.

I do know that Ali can't as well, she still lives at home and cannot open a Paypal account, so I can understand your points. But for those of us who can, I think we should. Especially now.

MKCustodial

I think I did know about Julia...I believe you mentioned not seeing her for a couple of weeks or something and you were really sad about it. Ok...if you're a translator...how do you say "Please stand clear of the doors?" :lol:

And see...I've seen your posts but never KNEW you...now I feel like I know you a little better...Roddy

Well, in Portuguese it's "Por favor, afastem-se das portas." or "Por favor, mantenham-se afastados das portas."

:cool:

DMC-12

guys guys guys..this is not the Jerry dmc-12 pledge drive for the PML....and I am not saying you are or anybody has to join in order to have fun...that is not what I am saying....RobFL...is bashing the PML system...and I am just tryingto make it clear that it is not an elitest group thing...

Ryan was closed cause it lost its magic...and Maria wanted it to die.... :)

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster

Well, in Portuguese it's "Por favor, afastem-se das portas." or "Por favor, mantenham-se afastados das portas."

:cool:

ok, how do you say, "Spiderman Spiderman does whatever a spider can"

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster

guys guys guys..this is not the Jerry dmc-12 pledge drive for the PML....and I am not saying you are or anybody has to join in order to have fun...that is not what I am saying....RobFL...is bashing the PML system...and I am just tryingto make it clear that it is not an elitest group thing...

Ryan was closed cause it lost its magic...and Maria wanted it to die.... :)

I'm sorry Jer...I'm not bashing the PML system...believe me, contributors SHOULD get a little more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom