Spider-Man ride in the Studios?

JT3000

They apparently just can't use the specific ones used at Universal...Hulk, Spidey, Dr. Doom, Storm...the rest is fair game.

Yes, I TRULY hope the OP post was not trying to be serious...anyone who says One Man's Dream = crap doesn't deserve to be called a Disney fan

They can't use any character represented at the park - which is basically all of them. They don't have to have a ride themed after them.

Skip

They can't use any character represented at the park - which is basically all of them. They don't have to have a ride themed after them.

Which means you lose all of the major X-Men (Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor Xavier, Magneto), Captain America, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Doctor Doom and the Fantastic Four, Kingpin, Ironman, and other assorted villains/heroes that are displayed via the huge comic book art around the island... so in other words, all of the great, worthwhile ones.

I hope Marni's incorrect about the plussing though, because that's a real shame. Spider-Man could use some digital projection.

krankenstein

Which means you lose all of the major X-Men (Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor Xavier, Magneto), Captain America, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Doctor Doom and the Fantastic Four, Kingpin, Ironman, and other assorted villains/heroes that are displayed via the huge comic book art around the island... so in other words, all of the great, worthwhile ones.

I hope Marni's incorrect about the plussing though, because that's a real shame. Spider-Man could use some digital projection.

You forgot that Matt Murdock's law office is also present in the land. That rules out DareDevil too.

gwhb75

In terms of the One Man's Dream thing, there was a time a few years ago when I would probably have agreed with the orginal poster (this was before I really started "Loving" all things Disney). I went through the One Man's Dream exhibit last time we were there and found it to be fascinating. No, it won't be for everyone (for instance, I would have loved to see the movie at the end, but my kids (8 and 6) weren't interested) but, like a previous poster said, no Walt Disney, no Walt Disney world. When you stop and think about the magnitude of the undertaking to make WDW a reality, it really is amazing
Disney2010-lastfewdays021.jpg

Skylinecar1982

Now that Disney owns the Marvel family, it will, I assume in time, get those characters into their own parks. Now Universal has the Spider-Man ride, which is an amazing experience, if it had a better queue, it could be a high quality E-Ticket.

But, would you welcome the ride at say the Disney Studios, taking up the huge space wasted by the Narnia attraction and Disney One Man's Dream crap?

I truely believe you can't appreciate where you are going if you don't appreciate where you have been. How would anyone learn about Walt and what started Disney if they didn't put it on display? As far as you not liking the ride it's not that its crap it's more horses for courses.

How could you go to Universal just for Spiderman???? It has so much more to offer, granted it is not Disney but great in it self. Disney and Universal are very different thus offering different things.

Something is not crap just cause YOU don't like it.

dweezil78

Just wanted to say that the Spidey queue is one of my all-time faves. I think it's maybe been shortened since it first opened due to the 'express' thing (not sure about this since I haven't been since '02), but I always thought it was such a creative, immersive experience that set up the ride perfectly. There are layers upon layers of details in that thing and I saw something new every time I went through it. It was the closest thing to being in a real hand-drawn comic book world.

I do remember, sadly, that Universal had a hard time maintaining it properly in the early years when I went a lot. (IOA first year AP'er!) I hope they were able to find ways to keep it fresh through the past decade.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I do remember, sadly, that Universal had a hard time maintaining it properly in the early years when I went a lot. (IOA first year AP'er!) I hope they were able to find ways to keep it fresh through the past decade.

Yeah, guests were putting their hands on, and destroying everything in the queues early on...really a shame people can't keep their hands off of stuff :fork:

Vince3

I remember reading somewhere that Universal would re-theme both Spidey & Hulk.This to me would make more fiscal sense.Why promote the competition ?

For the op to say what he did about OMD is consider to be blasphemous in my book. Though he was correct about Narnia.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I remember reading somewhere that Universal would re-theme both Spidey & Hulk.This to me would make more fiscal sense.Why promote the competition ?

For the op to say what he did about OMD is consider to be blasphemous in my book. Though he was correct about Narnia.

Universal is not re-theming Marvel Island anytime soon.

_Scar

For them to remove Spidey for Mickey is a crime. I really hope Uni doesn't give in, but it will suck if the mouse in charge makes it become Disney - Marvel and they have to display that in the park. Then we'll have trouble.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
The Marvel characters would fit perfectly in the Studios. I can't see Disney spending 4 billion dollars and having the competition use what they own, no matter what past deals were in place, I would look for Disney to take those characters out of Universal. You cannot believe their legal department is not analyzing this and looking for a loop hole.

It just makes sense.

jeffk410

One Man's dream is one of the most important things and I must do it. It truly shows all the hard work.:brick::brick: I second one of the posters by saying you should just go to Universal =] haha. just joking. we are all allowed opinions, but thats a little negative.
Interesting question, but I dont see it.

Tip Top Club

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Universal will "Suddenly" be promoting the competition with the Marvel Characters in the park. Those of you who are using that as a reason for Universal to dump the characters are just not thinking. Besides the fact that Spider-Man and Hulk are World Class Attractions (Spidey has a great queue I think, I love walking through the daily bugle cubicles and hearing pages and announcements played over the speaker system.) They were already owned by another company when Universal Licensed them! And the characters were already licensed to other companies even!

The Iron Man Film franchise doesn't belong to Universal. (Paramount)
The Spider-Man Film franchise doesn't belong to Universal. (Sony)
The X-Men Film Franchise Doesn't belong to Universal (20th Century Fox)
The Incredible Hulk Film Franchise belongs to Universal, but that's not even the likeness of the Hulk that they have licensed into the Theme parks, but the 90s cartoon version!

They were already "Promoting the competition" as some of you put it. Or have you forgotten the NBC Universal also owns a movie studio?

The characters are in the park becasue they were licensed to Uni, and they are great characters that served as the focus of some GREAT attractions. Now that Disney Owns the company that created them means nothing, really. Even the specific animated shows that the rides were created from have been in syndication on Disney XD and other Disney Owned networks. So I don't know why this would all of a sudden be a big deal that Disney owns the characters. I imagine they pay a hefty licensing fee for those characters, and now that fee gets funneled into Disney, So they are probably now Making money off their biggest East Coast Theme Park Competition. Sounds like a good deal to me, No?

_Scar

The Marvel characters would fit perfectly in the Studios. I can't see Disney spending 4 billion dollars and having the competition use what they own, no matter what past deals were in place, I would look for Disney to take those characters out of Universal. You cannot believe their legal department is not analyzing this and looking for a loop hole.

It just makes sense.

They bought out the competition- and to many, including myself, is a little cheap. If they ever make Uni rip out Spiderman, I KNOW this will anger hundreds of thousands across the world and it will give Disney a lot of bad reputation.

It'd be a nightmare.

Wilt Dasney

The Iron Man Film franchise doesn't belong to Universal. (Paramount)
The Spider-Man Film franchise doesn't belong to Universal. (Sony)
The X-Men Film Franchise Doesn't belong to Universal (20th Century Fox)
The Incredible Hulk Film Franchise belongs to Universal, but that's not even the likeness of the Hulk that they have licensed into the Theme parks, but the 90s cartoon version!

They were already "Promoting the competition" as some of you put it. Or have you forgotten the NBC Universal also owns a movie studio?
I agree completely. It makes no sense to me for Universal to drop Marvel characters purely over the Disney connection. If anything, I'd think they'd want to hold on to the most high-profile characters to keep them away from Disney.

I think a lot of people on here have projected their own provincial, emotionally-based views of the Disney vs. Universal rivalry into the boardrooms of those companies.

Vince3

I agree completely. It makes no sense to me for Universal to drop Marvel characters purely over the Disney connection. If anything, I'd think they'd want to hold on to the most high-profile characters to keep them away from Disney.

I think a lot of people on here have projected their own provincial, emotionally-based views of the Disney vs. Universal rivalry into the boardrooms of those companies.
Nope. It just makes practical sense.If I were to own a company,which is seen as inferior to my rival,the last thing I would do would be to give my rival any type of exposure whatsoever.If you or any one else can't see this,you don't understand business 101.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom