Spider-Man ride in the Studios?

EPCOT Explorer

Hint: Disney didn't buy Marvel for the purpose of building theme park attractions.

They bought Marvel for the comics, movies, toy sales, etc. which is much bigger than simply building a theme park attraction or even an entire land.

Here, anyway.

Shanghai remains unseen.

:)hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:)

SirGoofy

It could be done. look at the area to the right, they could expand the building. I agree it wouldn't be an Ideal situation for Uni but it would not kill IOA.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.4698797&lon=-81.4698243&z=18&l=0&m=b

Why spend a large amount of money, when you can stay put with the best ride in Central Florida and pay royalties?

Uni isn't going to get rid of Spider-Man within the next 10-15 years, and then Disney wouldn't build a Marvel ride at WDW in another 5-10. Everyone needs to realize that.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

:rolleyes:

Someone needs to open their mind up.
I don't overly like Marvel in the first place.

I feel that Disney should be creative on their own and not have to borrow from another completely unrelated franchise.

I'm perfectly ready to be wowed by them when it comes to this. Let's be realistic, though. Do you REALLY see them doing that?

I don't. I'm thinking this will be another mediocre and generic tie in.

I'm a fan of Disney for it's originality. Lately, I feel that it's surely lacking in that respect, and this is not helping.
:rolleyes:

Wilt Dasney

Nope. It just makes practical sense.If I were to own a company,which is seen as inferior to my rival,the last thing I would do would be to give my rival any type of exposure whatsoever.If you or any one else can't see this,you don't understand business 101.:D

It's already been pointed out that Universal has paid licensing fees to rival companies to use Marvel characters. I still haven't heard a cogent explanation as to why this is suddenly different. People who believe it is just seem to accept it as an article of faith.

If Spider-Man starts coming down anytime in the next few months, you can call me up for a mea culpa. So far, I'm not convinced.

SirGoofy

I'm perfectly ready to be wowed by them when it comes to this. Let's be realistic, though. Do you REALLY see them doing that?

In Shanghai? Yup.

In Paris? Yup

In Tokyo? Yup.

In Cali? Yup.

In WDW? Nope. Not until they prove they can wow me in Central Florida with a big attraction. But I guarantee they would wow with a Marvel attraction elsewhere.

EPCOT Explorer

In Shanghai? Yup.

In Paris? Yup

In Tokyo? Yup.

In Cali? Yup.

In WDW? Nope. Not until they prove they can wow me in Central Florida with a big attraction. But I guarantee they would wow with a Marvel attraction elsewhere.

That's what I was referring to! :lol:

But like I said...Part of that WOW will come from originality. They are loosing out on that already.

_Scar

In Shanghai? Yup.

In Paris? Yup

In Tokyo? Yup.

In Cali? Yup.

WRONG. Spidey also has a home in USJ. I assume he can't be anywhere else in Japan, but I may be wrong.

But that's just with Spidey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom