Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That's the thing. You could have a good version of Monstropolis set up relatively quickly. After the Osborne Lights come down in January, you shut down the SoA to re-theme the flats. You put Laugh Floor in the Premiere theater, you change Mama Melrose to Harry Hausen's (as a Sushi/Asian food establishment) and then re-open. Then longer term you can use the HISTK area (or the former Backlot Tour entrance, etc.) as a place to put in a dark ride, whether it be the door coaster or a calmer ride like Ride and Go Seek.

I mean, if Disney is keen on re-using infrastructure to save costs and reduce built times, this seems like a no brainer.

perfect plan - you're hired!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
That's the thing. You could have a good version of Monstropolis set up relatively quickly. After the Osborne Lights come down in January, you shut down the SoA to re-theme the flats. You put Laugh Floor in the Premiere theater, you change Mama Melrose to Harry Hausen's (as a Sushi/Asian food establishment) and then re-open. Then longer term you can use the HISTK area (or the former Backlot Tour entrance, etc.) as a place to put in a dark ride, whether it be the door coaster or a calmer ride like Ride and Go Seek.

I mean, if Disney is keen on re-using infrastructure to save costs and reduce built times, this seems like a no brainer.
Exactly!

Steel City Magic

Ugh. 'I want a carbon copy cars land", "I want an indiana jones ride clone" please think bigger and stop wishing for the same ride in other parks. I love both IPs but am VERY annoyed that they are possibilities for DHS. Give us something new. Indiana jones land next to star wars land would be cool. Heck I really ejoyed the idea someone mentioned of a tim burton land...
Monsters inc I agree is a no brainer, but please no mosters inc land, just have one ride and move one. Don't even get me started on a whole land for one IP, unless it's a major franchise with at least 3 hit movies or more...
But cmon, am I the only one annoyed everytime someone mentions bring carsland (lite btw) and the indiana jones ride to dhs?

Last edited:

andysol

All I want is Carsland. I want an outdoor version with all the rock work, the whole cadillac range! The issue I see now though is that they have the outdoor in the elements slinky dog coaster in Toy Story Land which is going to close every time there is lightning in the area so now if they do the outdoor version, that will also be closed during a storm.

You already have a carsland. It's just on the west coast. I really don't want them to simply duplicate.
I've always said I don't care if they use the exact same rides and ride technology- that's fine (a la dinosaur vs Indiana jones). Just make the theming unique. Carsland in California just works. Cars and California. No brainer. Leave it there.
Give us a different theme. I'm on the monsters bandwagon. Or incredibles. Or.... Both? :D

ElvisMickey

Ugh. 'I want a carbon copy cars land", "I want an indiana jones ride clone" please think bigger and stop wishing for the same ride in other parks. I love both IPs but am VERY annoyed that they are possibilities for DHS. Give us something new. Indiana jones land next to star wars land would be cool. Heck I really ejoyed the idea someone mentioned of a tim burton land...
Monsters inc I agree is a no brainer, but please no mosters inc land, just have one ride and move one. Don't even get me started on a whole land for one IP, unless it's a major franchise with at least 3 hit movies or more...
But cmon, am I the only one annoyed everytime someone mentions bring carsland (lite btw) and the indiana jones ride to dhs?

I couldn't agree more. I've been wanting to scream for months now every time I've seen someone mention Cars Land for DHS on these boards, or any other Disney fan site for that matter. One, this company is capable of creating and building so many awesome things...so many great characters, stories, etc. to pull from. If you want to copy something, let's take some of the ideas that are going into the International parks and use those here. I'd be much more willing to hop a flight to Los Angeles to go to Disneyland to visit Cars Land then travel to Shanghai, Tokyo, etc. to see what they've got going on out there. Two, Cars Land saved DCA. It's one of the things that makes DCA special now. Leave it exclusive to that park. And last, Cars isn't Star Wars, which SHOULD be on both coasts because it's that huge.

P.S. Side rant...don't even get me started with the ones who want to further animate EPCOT Center ha ha...

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I sorta would like Indiana Jones ride to come to WDW only because I went to DLR on my first trip ever in June and Indiana Jones is simply amazing haha. But I agree, fewer clones are best. I'll make another trip to Disneyland just to ride Indy.

Haymarket2008

Despite a variation on Cars Land being an inevitability for Hollywood Studios, I'm sure the ride wouldn't be a clone. They have more locations and scenarios in the Cars "world" that can be used. It's apparently going to be indoor, so maybe a nighttime stadium race that is featured in the films? The fear of cloning rides is entirely justified, but they're not going to build another gigantic Radiator Springs. Bring on something different!

Fox&Hound

What I love about this is we would keep Osbourne lights which is such a draw for Hollywood and unique to the history of the park. I wonder if Disney is considering Monsters inc. it does make sense thematically but Monsters U did not do as well as they hoped although it did do well. I would want more than the ride from Cali though. While cute it's not revolutionary. Although I am rooting for Cars, I would totally be okay with the Door coaster. While I want new rides I would be equally excited with somewhere good to eat at the studio to compliment Star Wars eating locations.
On a side note, the concept art for toy story land: will the slinky dog coaster be that huge? It looks like it goes behind the alien ride but I know concept art can always be deceiving. Thoughts????

Pumbaa1222

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if the speculation is that Mickey Ave/Pixar place will become back stage, and Echo Lake becomes SW, how exactly do people get back to the LMA part of the park in any kind of a cohesive way? It seems to me, you almost need to keep SOA in some form, just as an access point. Seems like it could get awfully congested around the outside circle without a way to cut through from a central hub.

dvitali

Everybody else want Car Land, but I want the Paradise Park area, with Screaming and Micky Fun Wheel and a east coast version of World of Color nighttime show theme to the New Jersey / Atlantic City Boardwalk .

doctornick

Everybody else want Car Land, but I want the Paradise Park area, with Screaming and Micky Fun Wheel and a east coast version of World of Color nighttime show theme to the New Jersey / Atlantic City Boardwalk .

Um, please no. WDW already has the best parts of PP with the exception of WoC (and DAK is getting something at least marginally similar to WoC). People can talk about how DCA has a lot more rides that WDW parks, but a lot of that filler from PP (and Bug's Land) are not all that great. There's no reason to replicate them in Florida.

Wouldn't mind seeing a nice sized body of water come to DHS, but I'm not expecting it and in fact we may lose the only body of water it has (sorry, the Fantasmic! theater doesn't count since it's not an area you are walking around) with the Star Wars expansion.

Disneyhead'71

I'd like to see a big body of water where LMA is. With a big volcano on the back side of it. With an Incredibles attraction where Elastigirl and Violet have to save Mr. Incredible and Dash, while taking care of Jack Jack the whole time.

Capsin4

Um, please no. WDW already has the best parts of PP with the exception of WoC (and DAK is getting something at least marginally similar to WoC). People can talk about how DCA has a lot more rides that WDW parks, but a lot of that filler from PP (and Bug's Land) are not all that great. There's no reason to replicate them in Florida.

Wouldn't mind seeing a nice sized body of water come to DHS, but I'm not expecting it and in fact we may lose the only body of water it has (sorry, the Fantasmic! theater doesn't count since it's not an area you are walking around) with the Star Wars expansion.
Water would be great, but space is at a premium. Maybe they'll incorporate fountains...there seems to be a fountain of some type in one of the SWL images. If they wanted to, I guess they could put a puddle in TSPL and have a giant hose, but I don't expect much in the way of bodies of water.

Rich_riv16

There was also words about a possible Guardians of the Galaxy attraction maybe it can go there. What people are not getting to is that this IS a marvel movie so even though Iron Man is coming to HKDL we can still have Guardians as an attraction in the domestic parks.

RSoxNo1

All I want is Carsland. I want an outdoor version with all the rock work, the whole cadillac range! The issue I see now though is that they have the outdoor in the elements slinky dog coaster in Toy Story Land which is going to close every time there is lightning in the area so now if they do the outdoor version, that will also be closed during a storm.
I want something unique at the level of Cars Land. I don't want a clone from DCA, there needs to be some uniqueness.

RSoxNo1

It's because people gravitate to what they know. It's why I don't condemn them for Mission: SPACE. Yes, it sucks they got rid of Horizons, but there was effort there on something new.

The love of clones is the same love for IP based attractions. We like them because we understand them. A new concept created out of whole cloth doesn't make sense to us and doesn't typically move the needle as much (the exception would be Everest). For me personally, I want quality. It can be IP driven, it can be original. I just want quality.

horaceluke

This may have been already asked but what is the reasoning behind keeping the Hollywood theme for tot etc.? I mean if everything else is going to be IP themed doesn't it stick out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom