SpectroMagic Traffic Jam

sknydave

Original Poster
Visitors to the Magic Kingdom, please try to have one ounce of patience and not push your way through the huge crowds that form near the Castle following SpectroMagic. I almost lost my sanity after having my leg run over about 50 times by impatient parents trying to push their way through the masses.

Aurora23

Visitors to the Magic Kingdom, please try to have one ounce of patience and not push your way through the huge crowds that form near the Castle following SpectroMagic. I almost lost my sanity after having my leg run over about 50 times by impatient parents trying to push their way through the masses.

Amen, brother!

Alztybrn

Yup...the mass exodus. I have been on both sides though...run over by strollers many times, as well as the one pushing a stroller and haveing people stop in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. The best way to avoid it is be in the back of the park, and be riding rides as soon as Spectro is finished. Or better yet...Spectro during EMH is much better!

kennygman

We usually just meander around and shop and such as the park is about to close. I've pushed a stroller every time and NEVER run into another person. It isn't worth it to save 31 seconds getting on a ride.

Of course those same people with the strollers are on the freeway too.

kennygman

You can always spot them - hopping from lane to lane - gaining nothing except comtempt from everyone that they cut up :mad:

Its the same after Illuminations as well

Don't forget Philharmagic. "For your safety, please do not step across the benches." As they dance from bench to bench then attempt to run (to who knows where?)

DDuckFan130

Don't forget Philharmagic. "For your safety, please do not step across the benches." As they dance from bench to bench then attempt to run (to who knows where?)
I think you mean Fantasmic...and I'm guilty of doing that. Not necessarily walking on the benches, but doing that little dance :lol:

I always sit in the first row, so I get rather impatient...especially when I'm losing half an hour of valuable ToT time before it closes :lookaroun :lol: But after Illuminations and other shows, I usually take my time.

My bad :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s the same in Manchester on a Saturday - it`s the society we live in. WDW is one of those places that brings together all parts of society.

DDuckFan130

I'll tell you something. Fantasmic is the only time I'm ever "rushing." But when we try to be nice and let people in front of us, people are rude anyway. The day after Thanksgiving we were at MGM leaving the park. When it was almost our turn, we realized we wouldn't all fit in the tram WITH the wheelchair we had. So, I told my family that we should let the people in back of us go ahead and we just wait for the next tram. Well, the tram comes and I step aside and this man just yanked his wife and pushed us to get a seat on the tram. If he had chilled, he'd have given me a chance to say he can have my seat. But yeah, people are horrible when the park closes.

Another little anecdote is from Epcot that Saturday. We had staked out seats for the tree lighting. I had gotten up for one second to take a picture, and when I turned back around, someone was in my seat. I just stared at them and they didn't budge. My parents tried to offer me a seat, but it was too cramped. When the show started, everyone (duh) in front of us got up on top of those "benches" and my grandma (being in the wheelchair) couldn't see. My brother tried to ask people to move nicely, but again nothing. Oh well.

So I've been on both sides of it, but mostly on the side of the observer of the rude, obnoxious people. It doesn't matter though because I'm at WDW :lol:

Tiggerfanatic

DD and I got separated in the crowd @ Wishes - three electric carts and their entourages pushed their way between us and the next thing I knew, she was gone. She is 17, and thankfully was smart enough to go to City Hall and call my cell, but I spent a pretty scary 10 minutes panicking.

njmom66

Funny story about strollers and Spectromagic

We were sitting along Main Street about 6:00 or so waiting for everything to start. My husband left to get the kids burgers and then came back with their food and left to get ours. He finally comes back with some sandwiches after waiting on a huge line. I start rearranging our stuff and the kids and put the sandwich box at my feet for a milisecond-at that moment a woman comes barrelling down with a giant stroller and runs over my feet and my dinner and the food goes flying everywhere. She looks down and without stopping says, oh sorry. We could only laugh! It's vacation-try to relax! These are the same people that go into the shows and sit in the middle of the row even though they tell you to move all the way down!:lol:

natalia1681

:lookarounWait.....:lookaroun
So you mean that people DON'T like being trampled all over and run over by strollers???!!!???
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ScrapIron

Solutions:
1. Walk through the shops.
2. Watch from Frontierland, and walk out slowly, or park on a bench for a while, take some night castle pics, etc.
3. Watch from Town Square. Those spots are often available right before the parade (especially a 2nd one) and can be reached by train. Then, you're right by the exit.

A bientot.

it398

i must admit i get so annoyed with people using strollers as battering rams.

now i just kick the wheel and they get "protective" thinking i would hit a child (i wouldn't) and back off, or i make a really big scene and they get really appologetic.

daguru

Something I have done before, is when they are pushing the stollers by, quickly click on the wheel brake...... hilarity ensued.... :lol:

Now, before anyone says anything... there were no children in the stoller (just bags) and it really wasn't that crowded.... nothing feel out, no one fell over, it just caused them to slow down and try to figure out what happened for a few mins, they were confused.....

I laughed my butt-off........ I love messing with tourists.... :p

Craig & Lisa

The family I always wait awhile before we leave whatever show we just happen to see. The CM's aren't going to scream at you to get out if you don't move, and we wait out of the way of the masses to avoid the stampede. :animwink: Believe me I'm in no hurry to get out of the park, anyway as the crowds thin you get to see the parks differently, with very few people there. Almost like having the place to yourselves. :D :D

flFigment

The wonderful world of stroller derby

I have been on the receiving end of many many black and blue marks and even some deep cuts one evening. My wife has actually told people that it is a a child not a battering ram. When we go we just sit down and watch the people leave the park as it is not worth it. The people that bug me are the rude ones that are in the ecv that run into you then yell at you because you did not get out of their way because they beeped the horn. People you and 50,000 of your closest friends are leaving the park at the same time slow down have some patience aand you will have a much better time.
Oh the memories of stroller derby.

clearpath

I just returned home today from a WDW trip. Had a great time, but yes I saw some stroller rage. Mostly baby boomer age mothers pushing the stroller frantically with that look of "get out of my way or else!!!"

I think the kid in the stroller had more maturity than the mother!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The wonderful world of stroller derby

I have been on the receiving end of many many black and blue marks and even some deep cuts one evening. My wife has actually told people that it is a a child not a battering ram. When we go we just sit down and watch the people leave the park as it is not worth it. The people that bug me are the rude ones that are in the ecv that run into you then yell at you because you did not get out of their way because they beeped the horn. People you and 50,000 of your closest friends are leaving the park at the same time slow down have some patience aand you will have a much better time.
Oh the memories of stroller derby.

Although I'm sorry that they have to be in an EVC, if they were to run into me, they would have a lawsuit on their hands.

It's no different than running over someone in an auto.

Can't you picture the trial of vehicular homicide....

"Your honor, It's not my fault...I blew the horn before I ran over him.":lol:

It's assault with a deadly weapon at the very least. :goodnevil

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm lucky, no-one tries to run me over, no-one tries to push me out of their way. I've never been bumped by a stroller, wheelchair or ECV. People tend to get out of my way without any problem [and certainly without any coercion on my part].

There are advantages to being 6'3" 250+ and 'broad of shoulder'... :D

If they only knew what a big teddy bear I am! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom