SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

aladdin2007

No because the people up the ladder would also be admitting they screwed up by letting it happen. This is what happens when you end up with a festering cesspool of an organization with zero accountability

applause to that, but any chance George K could decide on a complete overhaul of Spectro to fix and rebuild it? After all he got rid of the parades at the studios, he could bring this back if he truly wanted to down the road right?

mm52200

applause to that, but any chance George K could decide on a complete overhaul of Spectro to fix and rebuild it? After all he got rid of the parades at the studios, he could bring this back if he truly wanted to down the road right?
Wouldn't it be nice to think that the "money" from the canceled parade and DCR at DHS would be going towards fixing Spectro or developing a new parade for DHS? Unfortunately the only place the "money" will be headed are some executives pockets.

lego606

MagicBandit
Wouldn't it be nice to think that the "money" from the canceled parade and DCR at DHS would be going towards fixing Spectro or developing a new parade for DHS? Unfortunately the only place the "money" will be headed are some executives pockets.

"See, we kept the park way under budget! Nevermind that we cut everything to do it!"

asianway

Certainly - anything is possible. But nothing Ive seen gives me reason to think they are making significant investments in the MK so long as they are tops in attendance.

TTA94

Would be nice to have a new nighttime parade (or Spectro) along with Festival of Fantasy in the Spring...

Have not been following but when is DL supposed to be getting a new light parade?

Horizons1

The last time I saw the Spectromagic floats they were in an outdoor storage unit next to textile services. It looked like you could have just walked right up to them. This was just a few weeks ago.

wdwfan22

Would be nice to have a new nighttime parade (or Spectro) along with Festival of Fantasy in the Spring...

Have not been following but when is DL supposed to be getting a new light parade?

Disneyland resort is rummored to be receiving a new nighttime parade and day parade for Disney California Adventrue in time for the parks 60th anniversary.

TTA94

I wonder what the concept/theme will be for a new light parade? I imagine that will be a bit of a challenge for Steve.. Unless its a remake of MSEP or Spectro? Think of how many daytime parades there have been at all Disney parks vs light parades?

TTA94

What I do not understand is why MK is not getting a new light parade when Spectro is damaged beyond repair and MSEP is falling apart? DL has been without a light parade for some time and manages to get away with it.

I guess TDO is putting A LOT of faith in Festival of Fantasy... and hoping that guests and fans will enjoy it SO much that they forget allll about MSEP and Spectro. Then they will send the MSEP floats to the same grave outdoor tent as Spectro :mad:

3feethigher

Over the past few weeks parade maintenance as taken anything the could reuse off the spectro floats (speakers, batteries, decorations, ect.). With all that done, they well begin chopping up the floats; that will start most likely this week.

Axle1986

Over the past few weeks parade maintenance as taken anything the could reuse off the spectro floats (speakers, batteries, decorations, ect.). With all that done, they well begin chopping up the floats; that will start most likely this week.
crying-baby.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

What I do not understand is why MK is not getting a new light parade when Spectro is damaged beyond repair and MSEP is falling apart? DL has been without a light parade for some time and manages to get away with it.

I guess TDO is putting A LOT of faith in Festival of Fantasy... and hoping that guests and fans will enjoy it SO much that they forget allll about MSEP and Spectro. Then they will send the MSEP floats to the same grave outdoor tent as Spectro :mad:

The only reason DLR is getting a new light parade and WDW isn't is because TDA will spend the money and TDO won't. It's no more complicated than that. MK is the #1 theme park in the world - it's not like people will stop coming!

Tip Top Club

The only reason DLR is getting a new light parade and WDW isn't is because TDA will spend the money and TDO won't. It's no more complicated than that. MK is the #1 theme park in the world - it's not like people will stop coming!

That ambivalent attitude can't last forever. Their negligence will come back to bite them in their collective lackadaisical behinds soon.

cheezbat

The only reason the MK is number 1 is because of the mega resort destination WDW has become. If this had happened at Disneyland instead...building twenty hotels, four theme parks, and two or three waterparks, I guarantee you the place would be bringing in just as many if not more tourists to DL and their parks.

I truly hope for a decline in attendance at all 4 WDW parks. I want new reasons to return. Right now MK is barely hanging on to 4th best Disneyland style park...Hong Kong is beginning to nip at the MKs toes...

CDavid

Walt Disney World has no respect for its own history.

luv

I really think this is what Disney management thinks. That no matter how much they cut back and let the place slide, people will keep shelling out thousands of dollars to come...at least as long as they have jobs there. And once their jobs are over, who cares what happens to it?

It would be nice to have someone in charge who cares.

WDWDad13

I really think this is what Disney management thinks. That no matter how much they cut back and let the place slide, people will keep shelling out thousands of dollars to come...at least as long as they have jobs there. And once their jobs are over, who cares what happens to it?

It would be nice to have someone in charge who cares.

Could part of the problem now be that Disney is so large? I'm not talking about the parks... I'm talking about non-parks and non-Disney character related things like ABC, ESPN, etc. which they have to focus on and shell out big money for as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom