SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

disnyfan89

I got to see universals new nighttime show last night. It was awesome and much better than 360 (although I think it runs about 5 min too long.) I've also heard nothing but good things about the new parade.

I firmly believe its time for WDW to step up their game. Running decade old parades and mismash water downed productions shouldnt be cutting it anymore.

etwtec

I got to see universals new nighttime show last night. It was awesome and much better than 360 (although I think it runs about 5 min too long.) I've also heard nothing but good things about the new parade.

I firmly believe its time for WDW to step up their game. Running decade old parades and mismash water downed productions shouldnt be cutting it anymore.

See the problem is Regardless how good Universals entertainment offerings are, I don't think it will faze WDW/TDO in the least because they know the average guests are not going to say, Oh lets go to Universal instead because they have a new parade and nighttime show. Some Might say that but the majority of guests are still going to go to WDW and watch the same old stuff just because it is there. Because of that it will not affect attendance levels, and that I think is WDWs only concern.

disnyfan89

See the problem is Regardless how good Universals entertainment offerings are, I don't think it will faze WDW/TDO in the least because they know the average guests are not going to say, Oh lets go to Universal instead because they have a new parade and nighttime show. Some Might say that but the majority of guests are still going to go to WDW and watch the same old stuff just because it is there. Because of that it will not affect attendance levels, and that I think is WDWs only concern.

However, Universal is for the first time marketing their product to the younger demographic so often over looked by them. This year alone they are introducing two brand new shows, one a day time parade, the other a brilliant night time spectacular and if those won't get people in the park the "all new" Dispicable Me attraction will. Plus on top of that they are promoting an interactive meet and greet for spongebob in a new retail experience and just yesterday they started touting a new character dinning meal plus a dinning package for the fireworks show. Plus you can't over look the updates they did to Spider-Man and Blue Man Group and the current improvements happening in City Walk.

Universal is INVESTING in so much this year and it's all things they only just announced. Mean while Disney is marketing plans they announced back in 2009/2010.

What is impressing me more and more each day is the retail products coming out of Universal. The merchandise model used by universal for HP turned out to be huge and they are taking that same approach for Despicable Me. You can buy the cookies the girls sold in the movie and even the book Gru reads to them about the three kittens. Things like these are unique and since you can only get them at the park tend to sell better.

There's more than one way to make a dent in Disney's pocket and Universal is finally starting to see the bigger picture. With Universal having all the new things to do this summer with a major marketing campaign showing that off, I see no reason why people won't take advantage of visiting Universal at least once this summer. Certainly more going on there than at Disney. It only takes a small portion of guest choosing to spend a day at Universal or deciding to save their money to use on merch and food at Uni to affect Disney.

menamechris

Universal is INVESTING in so much this year and it's all things they only just announced. Mean while Disney is marketing plans they announced back in 2009/2010.

There's more than one way to make a dent in Disney's pocket and Universal is finally starting to see the bigger picture. With Universal having all the new things to do this summer with a major marketing campaign showing that off, I see no reason why people won't take advantage of visiting Universal at least once this summer. Certainly more going on there than at Disney. It only takes a small portion of guest choosing to spend a day at Universal or deciding to save their money to use on merch and food at Uni to affect Disney.

I agree. Disney's biggest problem has been the slow process in getting projects off the ground, and up and running. Quite frankly, a long wait can outlast anticipation. We have been hearing about Fantasyland for years now. How exciting is it truly going to be? Meanwhile - Universal greenlights a project and work begins almost immediately. Lately, Universal seems to be beating Disney at efficiency...

beachlover4444

parades

When we first visited in the late 80's it was the light parade. I loved it. I love spectromatic as well. I just dont like losing all the nostaligic stuff. I like knowing Walt and the original imagineeer's stuff exists. I know progress is good but only if it's done right. The thing is that technology is moving so fast that by the time they imagine it, create it, build it and get it open, it's almost obsolete as an attraction. I just wish they would open up that lost attraction in EPCOT already. I cant believe there isnt one sponsor to step up and take that "land" over. It was one of the better lands back in the day and there's so much potential there. It had a large area that even now would make a great big huge character visitation spot or maybe a live indoor character show. I love that Captain EO came back. It shows it's age but hey, I think back to that trip and my girls being little and so in awe of Food Rocks and Cranium Command. Oh those were the days.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

TTA94

When MSEP's return was officially announced did anyone find it shocking? It seemed to me that WDW kept it pretty tight lipped.

disneygirl1

It's funny, I was just asking myself this very question. I enjoy MSEP, don't get my wrong, but in my opinion, I enjoyed Spectro so much better. Especially the music!

wdw71fan

Original Poster
as an update.. Saw the spectro 'tent' backstage again today.. still no activity, just sitting there moth-balled... Hoping to see something at some point..

wdw71fan

Original Poster
USFs new night show is getting a lot of publicity...

Just sayin'...

it sure is.. I haven't taken a ride over there yet to check it out.. I saw a few videos on youtube and it looked nice , but I wasn't 'wowed... but seeing a video online never lives up to the in-person experience.. so I am still excited to check it out..

Uni starts having 9pm closings next week, so I may run over there soon..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom