SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

emcclay

If they bring back SpectroMagic.. I might just make a WDW trip during my short break from school in July. Or when I visit my best friend in Tampa during September. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

3feethigher

I've been reading these forums for many years now but have never posted any comments.

I've just been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and saw something very interesting. The Spectro Magic floats were all out the back behind Splash mountain being worked on, they were playing the parade music and testing the lights. Evelyn the tour guide got very exited when she saw this and hinted at a possible return. It was very hard to hear what was said with the volume of the parade music being played but never the less it seemed promising that it may return soon.

Anyone know any more?

- last week the ride and show quality team was out inspecting the drive unit of the little mermaid float, which is one of the first steps in getting spectro back out.

- also for the past couple days they have been charging the cavalcade(the last 2 floats of the parade)

Space Mountain

Spectro still isn't expected to come back (To WDW). They are working on the floats yes, as they are converting them over to the type of vehicles used in Disneyland... Base vehicles which can be given an overlay very easily without completely destroying a float and rebuilding it top to bottom from scratch.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Spectro still isn't expected to come back (To WDW). They are working on the floats yes, as they are converting them over to the type of vehicles used in Disneyland... Base vehicles which can be given an overlay very easily without completely destroying a float and rebuilding it top to bottom from scratch.

And why were they playing the music?

To sync up with the lights??

buzz_leedsyear

August will be my 8th trip over from the UK to WDW and i have only ever seen spectro. Think i might have seen MSEP in 89 but i was 10, so was hoping to see MSEP but i would really miss the spectro music!

Skooterkid

MSEP is definitely not a BAD parade, but for me it just lacks the nostalgia of Spectromagic (I don't think I was alive to see it first time around, whilst I have distinct memories of seeing (and hearing) it on my first trip back in 1998. My 6-year-old self was amazed!)

I really REALLY hope it's coming back. All signs point to a yes, but you never know with Disney... Oh, and thanks for getting the Spectromagic tune in my head! 'Glimmering, shimmering, carouselling...' :lol:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've heard management casually throw around a six-month time frame till Spectro's return, but I can't really say for sure if they were just talking hypothetically or if they had heard a rumor, or if this was something that's really in the books.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Great first Post!!!

Please let this be happening :sohappy:

Martin???
Like I've said a few times, floats have been moving from Shops to Parade store and back the past few months for work. For this and other reasons, my money is on Spectro returning sometime sooner rather than later, but that's just an educated guess.

Crush Dude!

Like I've said a few times, floats have been moving from Shops to Parade store and back the past few months for work. For this and other reasons, my money is on Spectro returning sometime sooner rather than later, but that's just an educated guess.

Oh well we all will just have to wait and hope :D

smw

i'll be there with a group of friends in september and would be sooo ecstatic if spectro were running at the time. caught msep the last couple trips but, while worth watching, there's no emotion to it for me. spectro's music really does something.

wdw71fan

Original Poster

this may have been true months ago.. but most of the floats have been stowed in the storage tent by the paint shop for the last few months...

The Chernobog and Cinderella units have been sitting in the exact same spot (the doorway of the storage tent) for at least 4 months..

what is being done is to keep spectro 'fresh' and show ready, considering it was previously left to disrepair , thats not a bad deal..... but I digress, hopefully this new information means it's moving on stage again soon... I'll keep an eye on the floats and see whats happening..

Crush Dude!

this may have been true months ago.. but most of the floats have been stowed in the storage tent by the paint shop for the last few months...

The Chernobog and Cinderella units have been sitting in the exact same spot (the doorway of the storage tent) for at least 4 months..

what is being done is to keep spectro 'fresh' and show ready, considering it was previously left to disrepair , thats not a bad deal..... but I digress, hopefully this new information means it's moving on stage again soon... I'll keep an eye on the floats and see whats happening..

Great stuff :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Mermaid was behind Splash 2 weeks ago, more recently too. I'm not saying it will come back tomorrow, just this thread report coupled with what a few friends have told me over the past few weeks certainly points to show readiness. Add to that the issues I'm sure you know about with MSEP plus Universals offerings and things are looking bright. Pun intended :D

Crush Dude!

Mermaid was behind Splash 2 weeks ago, more recently too. I'm not saying it will come back tomorrow, just this thread report coupled with what a few friends have told me over the past few weeks certainly points to show readiness. Add to that the issues I'm sure you know about with MSEP plus Universals offerings and things are looking bright. Pun intended :D

Problems with MSEP???

Could this be the driving force in Spectro resurfacing??

rodserling27

:( I would love to see the MSEP one more time before they swap it out of the MK again....just 28 days until I go and I'm hoping we don't see Spectro return before then...:shrug: but after that, sure, bring it back! :lol:

rodserling27

What exactly is meant by "Spectro isn't expected to come back." Does this mean it's only being spruced up for nothing, or it's being shipped out somewhere? And the floats are being converted....any reason? Note that we still have no report of casting calls or rehearsals...they will need a few weeks to go through all of that. So it can't be coming back any time in the next month? Gah, I suppose time will tell...

I've heard management casually throw around a six-month time frame till Spectro's return, but I can't really say for sure if they were just talking hypothetically or if they had heard a rumor, or if this was something that's really in the books.
Six-months sounds about right and like it would be the right amount of time to get it going. Give MSEP a marketed farewell, make a big hub-ub about Spectro coming back...give it some new LEDs, upgrade the soundtrack, add Oswald to a float haha......Actually I keep feeling like September or October would be a good time for a return...I don't know why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom