SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

etwtec

Do you all think WDW or DL will ever create a parade like Dreamlights? Technology speaking that is where pretty much every inch of the floats are covered in lights? Or is this something that only Tokyo is capable of?

EastYorkDisFan

Do you all think WDW or DL will ever create a parade like Dreamlights? Technology speaking that is where pretty much every inch of the floats are covered in lights? Or is this something that only Tokyo is capable of?

How much different s it really the spectromagic?

TTA94

With the way DL and DCA have been improving lately and advancing I would expect them to have a parade like Dreamlights first. That may not happen for several years but I think the odds are better there than WDW.
Then when they finish building it they can ship it to WDW in a year :lol:

COProgressFan

How much different s it really the spectromagic?

There really is a huge difference between blinking incandescent bulbs of the 1970s or early 1990s and what can be done today in terms of LED lighting, fiber optics, etc. It's truly amazing, and it's a shame that people keep clamoring for these dated relics (as much as like MSEP and Spectro). Nostalgia has its place, but the MK (and its paying guests) deserve something bigger and better.

Neither Spectro or MSEP has much of a "wow" factor any more.

MerlinTheGoat

Spectro really hits a home run with its music. Dreamlights has the best floats i'd say, or at least the ones with the best tech. But for music, no parade can best Spectro in terms of music IMHO. It goes beyond nostalgia, Spectro just has a timeless theme in the music that doesn't seem to get old and makes my heart swell with joy whenever i hear it.

So the way i see it, you can please both people wanting nostalgia AND new parades in the same way Tokyo did. Transform Spectro into a new parade in the same manner that MSEP was revamped into Dreamlights. Same classic and incredible music score, but with some better mixing and editing here and there, and with new floats built with up to date technology. There are still some impressive floats in Spectromagic even, they just need some tech updates or rebuilds (i've always been impressed by the Bald Mountain float).

candydog

There really is a huge difference between blinking incandescent bulbs of the 1970s or early 1990s and what can be done today in terms of LED lighting, fiber optics, etc. It's truly amazing, and it's a shame that people keep clamoring for these dated relics (as much as like MSEP and Spectro). Nostalgia has its place, but the MK (and its paying guests) deserve something bigger and better.

Neither Spectro or MSEP has much of a "wow" factor any more.

I completely agree with this post. Nostalgia is wonderful but really Disney should be taking full advantage of the technology available today to make a parade that would leave its predecessors in the dust. I'm sorry, but people are now using more sophisticated lights on their houses at christmas than what we see heading down main street!

The thing is: yes, both MSEP and Spectro have become "classic" parades that people love, but why can't they create a new classic? With the endless possibilities available these days they could make a parade better than either of them.

Jason1980

I've been reading these forums for many years now but have never posted any comments.

I've just been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and saw something very interesting. The Spectro Magic floats were all out the back behind Splash mountain being worked on, they were playing the parade music and testing the lights. Evelyn the tour guide got very exited when she saw this and hinted at a possible return. It was very hard to hear what was said with the volume of the parade music being played but never the less it seemed promising that it may return soon.

Anyone know any more?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Intersting stuff. Thanks for the post. There has been so much speculation about Spectro that I don't think we can say for sure what is happening until we see it roll down Main Street again. From your report though there certainly seems like something is going on.

Communicore

Hope this is not for Food and Wine or something....this is great news, Spectromagic rules! It's time to end the "Disney's" Eletrical Parade.

mikeymouse

Hope u had a great time! Did that tour when I was much younger. Don't remember a lot. Cool news though! We got to see MSEP a few weeks ago minus the Tinkerbell float. It was nice. Seemed much shorter than the original. I know the IASW and blue fairy floats were left out. I'm trying to remember what else ... anyone?

dreamscometrue

Thanks for the update. I saw Spectro covered in that parachute material a couple months ago, but it sounds like they are going to do something with it. I like Spectro more than MESP, but I do appreciate why some feel the other way. The MESP is a beautiful parade as well, and if that's what a person remembers from trips to WDW years ago, I imagine it must be wonderful to relive that.

Welcome to the boards Jason1980..."There's no turning back now." (to quote a fav attraction of mine). :wave:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Thanks for the update. I saw Spectro covered in that parachute material a couple months ago, but it sounds like they are going to do something with it. I like Spectro more than MESP, but I do appreciate why some feel the other way. The MESP is a beautiful parade as well, and if that's what a person remembers from trips to WDW years ago, I imagine it must be wonderful to relive that.

Welcome to the boards Jason1980..."There's no turning back now." (to quote a fav attraction of mine). :wave:

Well, if our only two options are MSEP or Spectro, then give me Spectro every time. So, on that front, this is good news.

It would be really great to get something completely new and mind blowing though. Instead of just flip flopping back and forth between decades old parades.

pmaljr

I agree and wish they would run both on the same night as someone else on the board suggested. Best of both worlds!

Obi

saw msep many years ago, early 80's, and enjoyed it...

saw spectro back in the late 90's and 08.... really enjoyed spectro...

last year saw msep again and felt nostalgic (spelling?)....

i do have to say though i really liked spectromagic better.... i think i like the music, floats and so on better. the clowns are a little creepy but still cool...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I've been reading these forums for many years now but have never posted any comments.

I've just been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and saw something very interesting. The Spectro Magic floats were all out the back behind Splash mountain being worked on, they were playing the parade music and testing the lights. Evelyn the tour guide got very exited when she saw this and hinted at a possible return. It was very hard to hear what was said with the volume of the parade music being played but never the less it seemed promising that it may return soon.

Anyone know any more?

Great first Post!!!

Please let this be happening :sohappy:

Martin???

puntagordabob

I agree and wish they would run both on the same night as someone else on the board suggested. Best of both worlds!

Not sure they would.... but it would be awesome if they did.

Hope its not being spruced up before being shipped over to Paris or something.....

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Not sure they would.... but it would be awesome if they did.

Hope its not being spruced up before being shipped over to Paris or something.....

Definitely not going to Paris!

They are running Fantillusion and Dreams every night throughout the rest of the year :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom